What's new

Pakistani Hindus | All Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've no hope in this case i think it will meet the end like this case................

Court validates marriage of girl, 12
LAHORE: A Pakistani court in the first verdict of its kind has declared valid the marriage of a 12-year-old girl, a lawyer and court officials said yesterday.
A judge sitting at the High Court in the eastern city of Lahore gave the ruling on the grounds that in Islam a female can marry if she has reached puberty, the officials said.
He accepted a joint petition by the girl, named as Zeenat Bibi, and her 25-year-old husband Babar Javed and dismissed charges of rape which were filed by her father.
“This is the first time that a court has validated marriage of a 12-year-old girl in Pakistan,” her lawyer Azeem Sarwar said. The decision was handed down on Wednesday.
The ruling also overrides the Muslim Family Law under which the marriageable age for girls in Pakistan is 16 years, he added.
Pakistan has regularly come under fire from rights groups for failing to tackle the social issues affecting women and children, as well as sexual and domestic violence against females.
Justice Shabbar Raza Rizvi observed that in Islam “puberty starts with menstruation and as such the marriage of Zeenat and Babar Javed is declared valid.”
“A pubertal woman can marry competently, validly, legally and of her own accord,” the judge said in his order.
The couple, from the industrial city of Faisalabad, got married on January 19 but Zeenat’s father registered a case against Javed saying that he abducted her and subsequently raped her.
Sarwar denied that Zeenat was abducted and insisted that she married Javed of her own free will “according to Islamic Injunctions.”
The girl, now aged 12 years and seven months, was medically examined and it was “proved” that she had reached puberty, the lawyer said.
Pakistan’s government has sought to change the country’s image and recently stepped into a high-profile gang rape case, ordering the re-arrest of five men who had been cleared of attacking a woman.
The victim in that case, Mukhtiar Mai, herself became a noted rights campaigner while the acquittals earlier this year sparked international outrage.
Pakistan also ordered an inquiry last month into the case of a college girl who publicly threatened to burn herself to death after she was allegedly gang-raped by kidnappers and then by the police officers who rescued her. – AFP

page fir se badlo ek aur kaffir ko utha lo

What do you expect from them....They will declare openly that they dont want to go back Pakistan and thrown out in Pakistan again........your minorities are slapping your face ...hope you are counting.....

Anyone talking like its not a big deal need to have a 14 year old girl first. The human in me will still be sympathetic to your pathetic existence because of that minor girl. Other than that if it was upto me I would never let you procreate after hearing comments like that.

americans have become couples in the same age, if the same age couples marry in the west its called guiness world record for 12 year old getting pregnant etc etc, but its a pakistani news its called kidnapping, nobody will like her daughter running away from home and marrying, but thats the way the story should be covered instead of running kidnapping news without thorough investigation and based of calim of one family

clerics and vaderas run their parallel government in rural Sindh, so I don't see any hope.
And for that feudal grip on the awam has to be broken by abolishing zameendari and sardari system in Pakistan not easy but doable.

Atrocities on hindus in the lawless Pakistan are going on & PAK President want cordial relationship with India for a confidence building measure .It is just a hypocrisy

So, its time for Pakistan to be a secular state and give them equality.

Tell me more about how Minority rights are safe under the Islamic system. I never get tired of listening to that.keep in mind the human law have been superceded asper divine law, and asper pakistan constitution too no human law can curtail divine law.

This is pakistans constitution and tryst with destiny. An intolerant ideas logical end.

You seems you are not confident of your own words you typed above.I took this case as that of a general minor girl and its you who bought in the hindu issue not i.And this girl is minor by law.even if she ran away with the man then both man and his family and molvi who conducted the marriage are bound to be charge under kidnapping rule.

you are saying the girl ran away even then there is kidnapping, are you the one who is confused, indians now a days are claimnig that due to religious prejudice the hindu girls are being kidnapped and married so i say are hindus so exceptionally aryan race girls that people take special pleasure in kidnapping hindu girls and dieing to marry them?

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3293612 said:
a girl who ran from home and married his lover and the media is trying to give it the colour of kidnapping, a kidnapped girl would never call her parents and talk about conversion by choice, 14 years is old enough, people do get mature at 14 years its no secret

rest should be investigated and rested if true to avoid more propaganda

Anyone talking like its not a big deal need to have a 14 year old girl first. The human in me will still be sympathetic to your pathetic existence because of your child going through an ordeal that cant be explained in words. Other than that if it was upto me I would never let you procreate after hearing comments like that in the first place.

First condemn this act then find out the facts.

Tell me more about how Minority rights are safe under the Islamic system. I never get tired of listening to that.

And how Islamic lands are safest for women.

Tell me more about how Minority rights are safe under the Islamic system. I never get tired of listening to that.

you should first put forth what rules and minority rights in pakistan is bugging you and stop BSing

you should first put forth what rules and minority rights in pakistan is bugging you and stop BSing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom