What's new

Pakistani Fashion

Pakistan Embassy, Doha Qatar

Kalash in Pakistan

Chitral Valley and Kafiristan (Kalash Valley)

The Chitral Valley at an elevation of 1,128 metres, is favourite with mountaineers, anglers, hunters, hikers, naturalists and anthropologists. The 7,705 metres Trichmir, the highest peak of the Hindukush range, dominates this 322 kms long exotic valley.

e07fd1cc7b5c4933af480277965f0e0f.jpg

ea90bd35fc673213424c483858280148.jpg

People of Pakistan may they be protected :pakistan:

any reference to prove your claim?

Would love to read that :police:

Zaki... you didn't know that? umm.. ok Nuristanis of Afghanistan and Kalasha of Pakistan may have been the descendants of Alexander the Great Army.. Nuristanis of Afghanistan have been forced by Afghans to convert to Islam, but Pakistanis never forced Kalasha to convert to Islam, and hence they remain a major tourist attraction in Pakistan.

Nuristani Girl from Afghanistan

http://img688.imageshack.us/i/nuristani2.jpg/

According to the Legend, when Alexander conquered Persia and moved East towards India... his army had a huge fight with the Indian King Porus (ahem ahem Pakistani ;)) ruler of the kingdom of Paurava in the part of Punjab which is now part of modern day Pakistan (Pakistani Punjab). The Hydaspes was the last major and most costly battle fought by Alexander.The battle is often considered to be Alexander's hardest fought battle. Although Porus was defeated, Alexander Army were exhausted and rebellious and refused to go further East (towards mainland India). And some of the Alexander soldiers decided to stay back in present day Pakistan and that is where the legend of Kalasha having Greek ancestry comes from. But that is just a theory because some Kalasha have blue eyes and blonde hair, and majority of Greeks don't have blue eyes and blonde hair as they are mediterranean caucasians, not alpine or nordic. Other theories suggest Kalasha are from Central Asia or they evolved indigenously. The most funny thing is that Greeks and Illyrians/Macedonians keep on fighting on online forums about these people and both groups claim them as their own.

The Battle of the Hydaspes (Jhelum river)

Greeks and Indians (ahem ahem Pakistanis) fighting somewhere in Pakistani Punjab

http://img22.imageshack.us/i/hydaspes1.jpg/

http://img692.imageshack.us/i/46394153.jpg/

http://img101.imageshack.us/i/alexander1.jpg/

The last picture shows King Porus on left and Alexander on right

oh well i am well aware of the conquest of Alexander in India. I was only talking about the claim these peoples are the descendents of the greek army etc..............

I know King/Raja Porus very well and he used to be the king of my city also (Gujrat and sorrounding areas including Jhelum) and there is a very interesting story of King Porus after he was captured........ i am sure u know that story :angel:

oh well i am well aware of the conquest of Alexander in India. I was only talking about the claim these peoples are the descendents of the greek army etc..............

I know King/Raja Porus very well and he used to be the king of my city also (Gujrat and sorrounding areas including Jhelum) and there is a very interesting story of King Porus after he was captured........ i am sure u know that story :angel:

you know him personally???????????????? whats ur age zaki :blink:

Oh yeah I know that story.. :D I know many other naughty stories about Alexander too... :rofl: By the way Kalasha oral traditions claim that they themselves came from a place called "Siam".. a place unknown today and can't be traced or confirmed... :what:

Now we should stick back to the thread topic, before Khanz come and complain about derailing his thread... :rofl:

Oh yeah I know that story.. :D I know many other naughty stories about Alexander too... :rofl: By the way Kalasha oral traditions claim that they themselves came from a place called "Siam".. a place unknown today and can't be traced or confirmed... :what:

u mean the tribe named "Kalash" living in Kafaristan?

you know him personally???????????????? whats ur age zaki :blink:

doesn't matter about the age buddy. One 16 year old boy could be proved wiser than 35 year old men in terms of knowledge :azn:

World is changing my friend

lets get back to topic now

u mean the tribe named "Kalash" living in Kafaristan?

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (sorry it says I can't post a short msg, it has to be 10 characters long, otherwise I was happy with just "yeah")

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (sorry it says I can't post a short msg, it has to be 10 characters long, otherwise I was happy with just "yeah")

do like this in future

yeah..............................................................................

Back
Top Bottom