What's new

Pakistani Fashion

Promoting two less known actresses

Hajra yamin at extreme right and below pics

19425373_1972481319652616_4581285144689639424_n.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-CmfgOqXG39I/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAU4/yxyxzSE24IM/photo.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/avatars/hajrayamin_1411909208_280.jpg

AZEKAH DANIEL -(apparently she is obssessed with kareenas looks and pout )

13437231_119652988457748_825181270_n.jpg

11363896_1130936836920483_588575894_n.jpg

(Kareena-like pouts)

a607e51327aa3a132f70bd1b3302f6e9.png

13531865_602204999936504_131116093_n.jpg

11421892_550833661758085_671895363_n.jpg

Last edited:
This month's edition of FHM Magazine (Pakistan Edition ).

4b710986af9558ad65938c30f0a932a9.jpg

Ayesha Omar
The lady in red

595a3181319bb.jpg

Ayesha Omar looked statuesque in a red Sadaf Malaterre number at the London premiere. Are we drooling? Yes, we are! We could hardly keep our eyes off her. The waves and the red lips completed the look without overdoing the accessories.

Shine bright like a diamond

595a3cd99d894.jpg

Like we said, Ayesha Omar slaaaaayed on the red carpet and this sparkly Love From Kara dress was perfect for the LA premiere.

Her hair, nor her accessories took away from her ensemble and we love that she kept it simple and let the dress do the talking.

Armeena Khan
Greek goddess

595a41a8d466f.png

We love the hair. The dress. The look. Armeena Khan absolutely nailed this sari by Republic Womenswear and we can't help but feel she turned heads at the New York premiere in this ensemble.

Sana Bucha
All about the print

595a318162af4.jpg

Choosing to go for a coat-style dress, Sana Bucha opted for this Khaadi Khaas printed jacket at the LA premiere. The look elongates the tall diva and makes her stand out among the crowd.

White on white on white

595a3181469d2.jpg

Sana Bucha

Pakistan’s sustainable fashion and global relevance
By Amber Liaquat
Published: July 7, 2017
104SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
1452367-main-1499410554-472-640x480.jpg

PHOTO: PUBLICITY

1452367-main-1499410554-472-160x120.jpg
5-1499410443.jpg
4-1499410439.jpg
3-1499410428.jpg
2-1499410409.jpg
1-1499410394.jpg

LAHORE : Islamic Fashion and Design Council (IFDC) announced a historical deal with Torino Fashion Week supported by leading names like Mercedes Benz courtesy of Autocentauro Italia, and Vogue Italia. And for the first time, Lahore-based fashion designer Natasha Kamal did us proud on the International fashion platform.

1-1499410394.jpg

Chosen to represent Pakistan, not only did Kamal make us proud but also weaved an intriguing tale of Pakistan’s sustainable fashion and its global relevance. Out of the 20 countries that participated, Pakistan was one of them, representing the contemporary Pakistan fashion scene on the global platform.

Mahira Khan looks flawless in Vogue India’s June edition

Kamal received an overwhelming response at the event. Speaking withThe Express Tribune, she said, “It was a great opportunity to represent Pakistan, amongst such a diverse group. Everyone was very welcoming of Pakistanis, appreciative of our craftsmanship, helpful and encouraging. Personally, I had a great experience and the response to my collection was overwhelming. Not only did I receive, the 1st Place Luxury Award, but the local industry showed a genuine appreciation for the collection and paid attention to the little details”.

2-1499410409.jpg

Kamal’s collection had her signature technique of appliqué with distinctive patterns, lavish handcrafted ornamentation including beadwork, Kundun and mirrors, which are indigenous to Pakistan. “The idea was to stay true to our aesthetic, which combines traditional techniques with assertively modern styling to create contemporary imagery and appeal which allowed me to display the beautiful intricacy and detail-oriented craftsmanship of Pakistan on an international platform,” Kamal said.

Mawra or Mahira, who wore the black gown better?

“The collection is unmistakably infused with the movement’s spirit, which can be found in the sweeping lines, stylised imagery and elegant proportions which gave the collection a contemporary appeal.” The offerings comprise bold patterns, modern silhouettes and deep hues. “The result is a bold collection, which is still wearable, and features transitional separates that cater to every woman,” she added.

4-1499410439.jpg

With IFDC as the exclusive modest fashion partner, Torino Fashion Week was held from June 28 to July 3, 2017. The setting was an open-air event, which embraced the beautiful and historical city of Torino.

The 7 days event included fashion catwalks, workshops, live photo shoots, internal event categories and unique buyer sessions and business matching events that were designed to increase commercial and revenue opportunities for all participants. The fashion week attracted top media, influencers, buyers, and attendees from all over the world. Almost 10,000 people already registered for the event from the world of fashion.

Mawra Hocane or Parineeti Chopra: Who wore this lace top better?

This was also the first time, an official mainstream Italian fashion week partnered with a modest fashion organisation (IFDC) to bring this lucrative fashion category to Italy in an official capacity. This is a powerful opportunity for fashion industry players and quality and skill was the key for submission.

5-1499410443.jpg

“It was an overwhelming experience to participate in a fashion week that has designers participating from over 23 countries, from which 30 were IFDC designers. Designers had flown in from all over the world for this particular event. And even though there was such diversity, it was amazing to see everyone come together, encourage each other and even help each other out backstage amidst hectic moments,” Kamal added.

Italy has the fourth largest population of Muslims in Europe with a strong spending power that was the reason why the official modest fashion partnership became significant in this mainstream fashion week. According to The State of the Global Islamic Economy Report, the Islamic fashion industry is continuously booming with an expected $484 billion to be spent by 2019.

1-1499410394.jpg

This is almost double 2013’s figure of $266 billion and coincides with the expected growth of the Muslim population that has a target audience of two billion strong.

Since its designation as World Design Capital, Torino has distinguished itself as a central hub for creativity, innovation, and design. And as a city with deep tradition in fashion and textile manufacturing, it has made a smart connection between Italy’s fashion industry and the modest fashion sector of the Islamic economy.

Have something to add in the story? Share it in the comments below

What's current in terms of fashion in Pakistan? I've not opened recent mags.

20476419_776887779159795_6644686429197216356_n.jpg

20374470_776872045828035_2636319928566584244_n.jpg

20155723_2012018592157755_8210437314073154143_n.jpg

20476327_1045300238839779_7288108680118406823_n.jpg

BHABI SAYS
Shaniera Akram
Text Us On +92-322-6242582 | Or Write To Us At Askbhabi@Magtheweekly.Com

Issue Date 15 - 21 July, 2017 at 2:00 PM
perspective_1.jpg

Hello readers!
So it's been my first week off meat and dairy. I know I can hear you already thinking "is this woman mad!"
Actually, I probably am but not because I have given up two food groups I used to love. In fact, I think it's one of the sanest things I have ever done. Now I am not saying I am giving it up forever but I am taking a break for now. But why? I hear you ask!
I recently watched a documentary on Netflix that completely shook my world. It was not a documentary on the inhuman treatment of animals because something like that would have compromised my omnivorous diet forever. It was a documentary that demonstrated the link between humans eating meat and the growing number of diseases we face throughout our lives. The documentary’s research linked a growing number of diseases to foods we consume in our daily diet. Now, I understand for as long as humans have been around, meat has been one of the most important food groups to date, but the documentary suggests that through the years the production of meat has morphed in to an industry full of gross farming, bacteria from packaging and distribution, and chemically treated products with immoral treatment of animals. Explaining that meat and dairy was not what it used to be. It also suggests the human body does not need milk or dairy after we develop teeth. The documentary goes on to suggest that our bodies thrive on a non-acidic environment. People who are prone to disease or cancer need a non-acidic environment to help fight the disease. Their research suggests that red meat, poultry, fish and dairy including eggs, milk and cheese are amongst the highest acidic food products available to us.

perspective_2.jpg

I'm not saying that I'm totally convinced or that I will never eat meat or dairy again but this documentary opened my eyes to the possibility that maybe there was enough information and research to suggest that many human diseases including diabetes and high blood pressure are related to our diets. Furthermore, they believe there is strong evidence that dairy inflames acne and eczema to name a few skin problems. After watching over half the documentary, I wondered what a life without milk would be like. Don't children and women need milk for strong bones? But in the second half of the film they explain that babies only need milk for the duration of time that we don't have teeth. We cannot eat food so milk is the only source of nutrition available to us. Milk as we know it has so many hormones and growth factors that are unfamiliar to our bodies and are associated with all types of nastiness, while the fat content in it goes through the roof.
Now I can be a very sceptical person sometimes but started to think about how much meat and dairy I was consuming on a daily basis, which left me shocked. I think eating a high protein low carbohydrate diet with the occasional veggie juice was the key to a healthy body when a certain research indicates that we can source all the protein, iron and calcium we need from vegetables (vitamins, we think, we only get from chicken, red meat, fish and dairy). Until I saw this documentary, I believed that carbohydrates increase our weight when really it's the animal fats in our diets that do not allow us to break down the carbs. So I dove deeper in to my research and started to calculate the ingredients in my diet. Although I love my fresh fruits and vegetables, I realised that the balance between my vegetable and meat/dairy intake was skewed. I ate more meat and dairy than vegetables and added up my daily intake which included a few cups of tea and coffee with milk, eggs, yoghurt, a little cheese, butter on bread and maybe dessert for the day. I also consumed chicken tikka and haleem and some imported frozen fish with a small bowl of salad with creamy dressing.
Let's just say that the documentary wasn't wrong, I was now aware of consuming a lot of meat and dairy regularly and the reason behind the consumption. I then looked at my children's diet which consisted of milk, dairy, eggs, qeema paratha in the morning, roti, naan, aloo gosht, cheesy salad, burgers, deep fried chicken and a heavy amount of processed meats that are served by child-friendly institutions. I was shocked. I realised we actually are a family with a diet based on animal products.

perspective_3.jpg

My family is happy and healthy, and I want them to grow up big and strong but am I putting too much emphasis on a meat and dairy diet? Are we telling our families that it's healthy to only eat meat and roti in one meal? So here it is. My family is still eating meat and dairy and it’s been 10 days since my vegan diet began. I have made the transition quite easily, researching how much vital vitamins and minerals I need and from which plant based foods they can be acquired from. And to be honest I have never felt better. My energy levels are high, I am sleeping better, my routine is the same and I still exercise and drink loads of water. My diet consists of oats with nuts and fruits for breakfast; lentil based foods including dal, chickpeas, hummus and brown rice for lunch; and salads, vegetable dishes such as vegetable lasagne, desi sabzi, risottos, soups and patties for dinner. I drink raw fresh juices, coconut water and tonics throughout the day. And best of all I get my milk fixes through homemade almond, cashew, oat and soy milk. To include something heavier, I would choose coconut cream which tastes great. There are different vegan milk options available so it never gets boring.
Now I want to stress on the fact that this is not for everyone. This is a personal decision. I have been a healthy young woman to date and have the time to research and plan what my body needs to stay fit. I have always loved plant based foods so I don't feel deprived by making this temporary change. All I am saying is to maintain balance. Notice what you consume on a daily basis. If your diet is made up of more animal based foods, try to teach your body to incorporate more plant based foods in your diet. I still believe that balance and education is the key to healthy living. Start today, it's never too late. Learn about your food, research what you feed your body with. We have the tools and information at our fingertips now. You only have one body so learn about it. Give what it needs to stay healthy.
I will update you all on my progress and the obstacles I might face in the future.
Lots of love,
Shaniera

http://magtheweekly.com/15-21july2017/perspective.asp

16825865_1557111237651127_414728337800907293_o.jpg

20248358_1762725963756319_7695982209961497293_o.jpg

20031627_1534186636651343_4201078257908501538_n.jpg

20476419_776887779159795_6644686429197216356_n.jpg

20374470_776872045828035_2636319928566584244_n.jpg

20155723_2012018592157755_8210437314073154143_n.jpg

20476327_1045300238839779_7288108680118406823_n.jpg

BHABI SAYS
Shaniera Akram
Text Us On +92-322-6242582 | Or Write To Us At Askbhabi@Magtheweekly.Com

Issue Date 15 - 21 July, 2017 at 2:00 PM
perspective_1.jpg

Hello readers!
So it's been my first week off meat and dairy. I know I can hear you already thinking "is this woman mad!"
Actually, I probably am but not because I have given up two food groups I used to love. In fact, I think it's one of the sanest things I have ever done. Now I am not saying I am giving it up forever but I am taking a break for now. But why? I hear you ask!
I recently watched a documentary on Netflix that completely shook my world. It was not a documentary on the inhuman treatment of animals because something like that would have compromised my omnivorous diet forever. It was a documentary that demonstrated the link between humans eating meat and the growing number of diseases we face throughout our lives. The documentary’s research linked a growing number of diseases to foods we consume in our daily diet. Now, I understand for as long as humans have been around, meat has been one of the most important food groups to date, but the documentary suggests that through the years the production of meat has morphed in to an industry full of gross farming, bacteria from packaging and distribution, and chemically treated products with immoral treatment of animals. Explaining that meat and dairy was not what it used to be. It also suggests the human body does not need milk or dairy after we develop teeth. The documentary goes on to suggest that our bodies thrive on a non-acidic environment. People who are prone to disease or cancer need a non-acidic environment to help fight the disease. Their research suggests that red meat, poultry, fish and dairy including eggs, milk and cheese are amongst the highest acidic food products available to us.

perspective_2.jpg

I'm not saying that I'm totally convinced or that I will never eat meat or dairy again but this documentary opened my eyes to the possibility that maybe there was enough information and research to suggest that many human diseases including diabetes and high blood pressure are related to our diets. Furthermore, they believe there is strong evidence that dairy inflames acne and eczema to name a few skin problems. After watching over half the documentary, I wondered what a life without milk would be like. Don't children and women need milk for strong bones? But in the second half of the film they explain that babies only need milk for the duration of time that we don't have teeth. We cannot eat food so milk is the only source of nutrition available to us. Milk as we know it has so many hormones and growth factors that are unfamiliar to our bodies and are associated with all types of nastiness, while the fat content in it goes through the roof.
Now I can be a very sceptical person sometimes but started to think about how much meat and dairy I was consuming on a daily basis, which left me shocked. I think eating a high protein low carbohydrate diet with the occasional veggie juice was the key to a healthy body when a certain research indicates that we can source all the protein, iron and calcium we need from vegetables (vitamins, we think, we only get from chicken, red meat, fish and dairy). Until I saw this documentary, I believed that carbohydrates increase our weight when really it's the animal fats in our diets that do not allow us to break down the carbs. So I dove deeper in to my research and started to calculate the ingredients in my diet. Although I love my fresh fruits and vegetables, I realised that the balance between my vegetable and meat/dairy intake was skewed. I ate more meat and dairy than vegetables and added up my daily intake which included a few cups of tea and coffee with milk, eggs, yoghurt, a little cheese, butter on bread and maybe dessert for the day. I also consumed chicken tikka and haleem and some imported frozen fish with a small bowl of salad with creamy dressing.
Let's just say that the documentary wasn't wrong, I was now aware of consuming a lot of meat and dairy regularly and the reason behind the consumption. I then looked at my children's diet which consisted of milk, dairy, eggs, qeema paratha in the morning, roti, naan, aloo gosht, cheesy salad, burgers, deep fried chicken and a heavy amount of processed meats that are served by child-friendly institutions. I was shocked. I realised we actually are a family with a diet based on animal products.

perspective_3.jpg

My family is happy and healthy, and I want them to grow up big and strong but am I putting too much emphasis on a meat and dairy diet? Are we telling our families that it's healthy to only eat meat and roti in one meal? So here it is. My family is still eating meat and dairy and it’s been 10 days since my vegan diet began. I have made the transition quite easily, researching how much vital vitamins and minerals I need and from which plant based foods they can be acquired from. And to be honest I have never felt better. My energy levels are high, I am sleeping better, my routine is the same and I still exercise and drink loads of water. My diet consists of oats with nuts and fruits for breakfast; lentil based foods including dal, chickpeas, hummus and brown rice for lunch; and salads, vegetable dishes such as vegetable lasagne, desi sabzi, risottos, soups and patties for dinner. I drink raw fresh juices, coconut water and tonics throughout the day. And best of all I get my milk fixes through homemade almond, cashew, oat and soy milk. To include something heavier, I would choose coconut cream which tastes great. There are different vegan milk options available so it never gets boring.
Now I want to stress on the fact that this is not for everyone. This is a personal decision. I have been a healthy young woman to date and have the time to research and plan what my body needs to stay fit. I have always loved plant based foods so I don't feel deprived by making this temporary change. All I am saying is to maintain balance. Notice what you consume on a daily basis. If your diet is made up of more animal based foods, try to teach your body to incorporate more plant based foods in your diet. I still believe that balance and education is the key to healthy living. Start today, it's never too late. Learn about your food, research what you feed your body with. We have the tools and information at our fingertips now. You only have one body so learn about it. Give what it needs to stay healthy.
I will update you all on my progress and the obstacles I might face in the future.
Lots of love,
Shaniera

http://magtheweekly.com/15-21july2017/perspective.asp

16825865_1557111237651127_414728337800907293_o.jpg

20248358_1762725963756319_7695982209961497293_o.jpg

20031627_1534186636651343_4201078257908501538_n.jpg
Got No problem with vegans as long as they keep their dietary habits to themself and don't criticize or make ew aaaa noises when i am eating meat.

Got No problem with vegans as long as they keep their dietary habits to themself and don't criticize or make ew aaaa noises when i am eating meat.
Bawa ji ham na vegan hain na hamain vegan ban,ney ka shok hy ham to kabab ki burki bana kar koftay key sath khaney waley log hein :D

Bawa ji ham na vegan hain na hamain vegan ban,ney ka shok hy ham to kabab ki burki bana kar koftay key sath khaney waley log hein :D
bilkul sahi baba ji gosht kay bagair bhi zindgi bhla koi zindgi hay

Back
Top Bottom