What's new

Pakistani Fashion

Pakistan Bridal Couture Week
135347787_14628584431301n.jpg

Pakistani bridal fashion was on display in all its glory and grandeur at 'Bridal Couture Week - The Gold Standard', which has just concluded in Karachi. Here are some highlights from the runway.

The three-day event brought together both renowned designers of Pakistan as well as up-and-comers. In the finale, Amir Adnan struck the perfect balance between tradition and modernity.

"The fabrics that we used are very, very rich. It's mostly brocades and jamawars. I've used very, very traditional fabrics but the cuts, the silhouettes, the colors, are very cosmopolitan, very international. We have primarily showed jackets, trousers, vests, and gowns. The work done on them is very, very traditional, but the whole ambience and outlook is very modern and cosmopolitan," said Amir Adnan.

Designer Sonya Batla is a household name in Pakistan, though this was her first time at the event.

Known for her intricate hand-worked embellishments and elegant silhouettes, Batla created a collection that embraced both local and international fashion trends.

"I've studied world cultures for the day a person is going to commit themselves to a relationship. And, interestingly enough, colors like purple emerged as favorites; light pink from the Eastern part of the world. Light pink was much favored, even over white, although a lot of them are Christian cultures. So it was very interesting to make this collection in terms of using the color palette, but we tried to infuse a little bit of Pakistan and look at the world," said fashion designer Sonya Batla.

This emphasis on fusion reflects a changing trend in Pakistan fashion in general and bridal fashion in particular.

"To be able to feed the rest of the world is important but to be able to feed the business of (fashion in) Pakistan is incredibly important, and these fashion weeks are very important in that. People now, in the last five to ten years, are finding their own voice of what works for them and what doesn't.

"What truly is Pakistani fashion? Steeped in culture, steeped in heritage is all very important, but to be steeped in trend and having your finger on the pulse of what's happening in Pakistan today and to be able to dress the woman on how she wants to be dressed and where she wants to take fashion in the future, that's the most important thing, and only fashion weeks can do that," said fashion designer & expert Hassan Sheheryar Yasin.

In its 12th edition, Bridal Couture Week has gone from strength to strength, and has also served as a launching pad for new design talent.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/video/2016-05/10/c_135347787.htm
Just look at the difference in reporting style from major western outlets unlike them cctv presents fashion shows as just fashion shows and not some western ideals vs Terrorist ideals
@django @jamahir @The Sandman

Just look at the difference in reporting style from major western outlets unlike them cctv presents fashion shows as just fashion shows and not some western ideals vs Terrorist ideals

agreed... the language is mature, factual and sounds just like any desi fashion reviewer.

i will tag our friend, @Chinese Bamboo , to celebrate the maturity of the chinese reporting, though she has indeed said that she will be busy for some months and will only occasionally pop-in here.

Pakistan Bridal Couture Week

bridal dress show... what is this desi obsession with weddings??

who's the one on extreme right??

agreed... the language is mature, factual and sounds just like any desi fashion reviewer.

i will tag our friend, @Chinese Bamboo , to celebrate the maturity of the chinese reporting, though she has indeed said that she will be busy for some months and will only occasionally pop-in here.

bridal dress show... what is this desi obsession with weddings??

who's the one on extreme right??
Compare it to the utter crap telegraph,vice and cnn posted i mean fashion shows are so common now most big unis have them why are you portraying them like they are some sort of western oasis in lands of no freedom?

When ever western sources cover a fashion show in Pakistan its always different from cctv they will always atleast once either mention poverty or extremism

The bridal dresses are their bread and butter some of these dresses cost more than 1 lakh Rs

Compare it to the utter crap telegraph,vice and cnn posted i mean fashion shows are so common now most big unis have them why are you portraying them like they are some sort of western oasis in lands of no freedom?

yeah, a good point.

When ever western sources cover a fashion show in Pakistan its always different from cctv they will always atleast once either mention poverty or extremism

it is like how bbc covers palestine - they always show mullah-ruled gaza and totally ignore plo-governed west bank.

note that the gaza mullahs were installed into power by the western governments ( "the quartet" ) and israel through "democratic elections" and the plo was forced out of power and mostly out of gaza by being discredited with charges of corruption.

this is one way how the western governments regime-change in muslim-majority countries and install their puppets ( the mullahs like our own luffy 500 ).

and bbc or 'the telegraph' show this one-sided artificial view as part of a bigger geopolitical plan.

The bridal dresses are their bread and butter some of these dresses cost more than 1 lakh Rs

yeah.

some years ago a friend of mine had opened a small clothing shop ( targeting male youth ) along with a financing/supply partner who was also young... now this partner had a family-owned bigger clothing shop elsewhere.

we got talking about the wastage of clothes and resources during the traditional weddings and he told me that bridal dresses can cost up to 50,000 rupees... i was shocked... 50,000 rupees for a dress that is worn for one day or three days.

the dresses you mention must be the "high-end" ones... one lakh !!

actually, the celebrities should be the first ones to go in for the simplest court weddings, and this used to happen in the previous decades, at least in india, but now it seems the celebrities have adopted the vulgarity of the pretentious middle class.

Last edited:
yeah, a good point.

it is like how bbc covers palestine - they always show mullah-ruled gaza and totally ignore plo-governed west bank.

note that the gaza mullahs were installed into power by the western governments ( "the quartet" ) and israel through "democratic elections" and the plo forced out of power and mostly out of gaza by being discredit with charges of corruption.

this is one way how the western governments regime-change in muslim-majority countries and install their puppets ( the mullahs like our own luffy 500 ).

and bbc or 'the telegraph' show this one-sided artificial view as part of a bigger geopolitical plan.

yeah.

some years ago a friend of mine had opened a small clothing shop ( targeting male youth ) along with a financing/supply partner who was also young... now this partner had a family-owned bigger clothing shop elsewhere.

we got talking about the wastage of clothes and resources during the traditional weddings and he told me that bridal dresses can cost up to 50,000 rupees... i was shocked... 50,000 rupees for a dress that is worn for one day or three days.

the dresses you mention must be the "high-end" ones... one lakh !!

actually, the celebrities should be the first ones to go in for the simplest court weddings, and this used to happen in the previous decades, at least in india, but now it seems the celebrities have adopted the vulgarity of the pretentious middle class.
Hitler,s ideology was exactly based on how western view themselves they still think they are a superior race and they have right to ridicule other cultures,ideas and social norms without understanding the social structure of those places

Luffy bhai issued a wajib ul watal fatwa today :D

Thats nothing dresses with metal string works are even more pricey

Celebrity weddings are a way for designers to show off their poducts now i dont think the celebs pay a dime for what they wear its all an advertisement

Hitler,s ideology was exactly based on how western view themselves they still think they are a superior race and they have right to ridicule other cultures,ideas and social norms without understanding the social structure of those places

true.

and this is true for all western imperialist powers.

Luffy bhai issued a wajib ul watal fatwa today :D

where??

and i want to call him "cia agent" once more. :D

Thats nothing dresses with metal string works are even more pricey

decadence !!

Celebrity weddings are a way for designers to show off their poducts now i dont think the celebs pay a dime for what they wear its all an advertisement

you have raised a good point.

i wonder when celebs are asked "who are you wearing tonight??" by reporters and they say "tarun tahiliani" have they been given those dresses, at least sometimes, for advertisement.

by the way, i have read somewhere that celebs also rent clothes for a event.

Some fit birds in the crowd:flame::flame:Iman Ali is looking wonderful as always and sohai had good perfomance from 19:45
I would rate Mathira,s and Rachel,s performance the highest
Sohai was below her standard in this show

Back
Top Bottom