What's new

Pakistani Fashion

Exactly, cudn't have agreed more..but some colour contrasts are a cut above the rest when combined... & hope iam right...

2847849861_1182601a48.jpg

2714472430_f261cbf95c.jpg

2867972015_345c229d11.jpg

2721265185_4a388b6b72.jpg

2867972015_345c229d11.jpg

Have these veils the Purpose to cover the Head of the Women ?

well yeah sort of yes and no it's a cultural thing I wouldn't really call it a veil but more like pakistani bridal fashion and just part of the wedding style not like a veil in the sense of a hijab or for religious/modesty for purposes of head covering or anything as hair and all is still showing .I would say mostly it's there as part of a pakistani wedding dress and fashion accessory for a bride practically all pakistani brides look like this even christians and hindus more like a "dupatta" guess i can't explain it well :undecided:

well here is more to give you an idea some pakistani brides /wedding fashion :smitten:

710186_f496.jpg

untitled16.jpg

redlengh.jpg

2db0587.jpg

At last, something from my side of the culture too!

I wonder why girls have stopped wearing the peshwaaz and chuuRiidaar paajaama. Many Afghan girls still wear the peshwaaz everyday though they probably don't call it that. FYI its a longish qamiiz with a large spread and no slits on the sides.

Nice cultural exchange of outfits....some of them...i mean like the red one resembles an anarkali suit if iam right... i mean not exactly...but slightly...hmm...anyways thanks all for the fantastic additions...

... the red one resembles an anarkali suit if iam right... i mean not exactly...but slightly...
The term you're using must be a novelty, coined by Indians for this 'foregn' dress worn in their country. In fact, it is a Mughal style dress, and I'm not even sure poor Anaarkalii even wore something as regal as this ever in her life.

Yes too that it is not the only style, of course variations exist. Even men's attire was similar in the fact that the top fitted tight and then there was always the paejaama. The whole was called the angark.haa. If it weren't an occasion, the more comfortable kurtaa replaced the angark.haa.

well not so depressing if your colleagues look like that- then I'm sure most of us would look forward to going back to the office :D
They already do khanz! That's why I'm tired of it. Yeah but come to think of it, some designer has to cater to the workplace line.

Back
Top Bottom