What's new

Pakistani ethnicities

Which ethnic group do you belong to?

• Total voters
Because unlike Punjabis other ethnic groups voted for the last option, the united one. I can choose the Muhajir option too but i didn't because i believe in unity unlike some.
I dont think only non punjabis clicked on unity option... some punjabis did too... besides you can choose more than one option.

Ayub was a Hindkowan not Hazara, Gen Musa was Hazara. Nor Hazara nor Hindkowans look like Punjabis but Hindko a language spoken by Hindkowans sounds similar to Punjabi language.

There is no particular Punjabi look, Punjabi is linguistic identity and not ethnic one. And Hindkowans doesn't sound similar to Punjabi, its dialect of Punjab just like Majhi is dialect of Punjab and is spoken in Lahore and surrounding areas.

Hindkos are a mix if pashtuns and punjabis, some look more punjabi, while some others totally look pashtun.

Punjabis as a whole are more (indian) looking, pashtuns look more west asian, or even European on occasion

Dialects of the Punjab - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
450px-Dialects_Of_Punjabi.jpg

Chambai, Kangri, Bilaspuri are Pahari dialects and Bagri is a Rajasthani dialect, thus considered dialects of Hindi.

Above poll -- Ive added ''unity'' option

Hazrat salman farsi replied ''anaa muslim'' when he was asked his ethnicity and 'I will reply I am a muslim pakistani' and this is ALL that should matter

Above poll -- Ive added ''unity'' option

Hazrat salman farsi replied ''anaa muslim'' when he was asked his ethnicity and 'I will reply I am a muslim pakistani' and this is ALL that should matter
Unity in diversity is better than giving up your culture and ethnicity .

Because unlike Punjabis other ethnic groups voted for the last option, the united one. I can choose the Muhajir option too but i didn't because i believe in unity unlike some.

Unlike the lot of you who visited this thread much later....the Unity Option was added after quite a few votes had already been cast !

Hazara are not Punjabi, they lost their language over the years but they are of Turkic origin, they look like pukhtoon and nothing Like punjabis, Ayyub was a hazara , did he look Punjabi to you?, to call them Punjabis is disrespectful and insulting.

I was talking about hindko language not people ..ok you are turkic and look likw pukhtoon if it make ou happy :D

What is so special about look of zia ul haq? He looked like just any average pakiatani....

I was talking about hindko language not people ..ok you are turkic and look likw pukhtoon if it make ou happy :D

What is so special about look of zia ul haq? He looked like just any average pakiatani....

Fair enough may have misunderstood you on the hindko part, ref zia he looked an average Pakistan from the group that makes over 60 percent Pakistani population.

Fair enough may have misunderstood you on the hindko part, ref zia he looked an average Pakistan from the group that makes over 60 percent Pakistani population.

And Ayub looked like from that average 60% group. Not every pashtun look like Imran Khan, there are many dark ones as well. Thats why is better having linguistic identity for punjabis since there are fair punjabis and dark punjabis. Chura comunity who were dalit hindus before converting to Christianity and Sikhsim are called punjabis despite on average having darker skin tone then even average punjabi.

Unlike the lot of you who visited this thread much later....the Unity Option was added after quite a few votes had already been cast !

actually question is

now how last option [Unity is more important] fits in there? Its not even relevant to question being asked or other options in this poll..No one said we should not be united or our ethnicity is superior than others..well I lived in all provinces and for me all ethnicities are equally important .I don't consider anyone superior or inferior

actually question is

now how last option [Unity is more important] fits in there? Its not even relevant to question being asked or other options in this poll..No one said we should not be united or our ethnicity is superior than others..well I lived in all provinces and for me all ethnicities are equally important .I don't consider anyone superior or inferior
@above
check his other posts on different threads -- its nothing more than exploitation of ethnicities -- I made this last option with that background in mind

by the way you are related to desert fighter arnt you?

i thought for a long time that desertfighter was appearing as a girl in a duplicate account

hahhahah Noooooo by GOD im not desertfighter .....:rofl:
@DESERT FIGHTER look what w.11 is saying
it serves two cups of tea

i still believe desert fighter is taking out his feminine side through this account :rofl:

LOL no no no im not desert fighter , u can confirm from mods:lol:

Stop doing drugs man!:lol:

Im Pakistani first... muslim or baluch later!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious.
I guess Urdu is national language of Pakistan but spoken by only 7.5% people.
What is the reason behind choosing Urdu as national language??

even though Urdu is the ethnic language of 7-8% Pakistanis , nonetheless its widely spoken & dominates even in Punjab, for example the schools in Punjab teach in English/Urdu medium, tv channels airs their programs in Urdu/English, newspapers prints in English or Urdu , Urdu is widely spoken in Punjab , in fact the only other languages after Urdu given importance in Pakistan are Pashtu & Sindhi & to some extant Baluchi , so that's why Urdu is the national language

Back
Top Bottom