What's new

Pakistani ethnicities

Which ethnic group do you belong to?

• Total voters
I am "Riddick" from the planet "furion" problem ?

2013-03-23-riddickteasertra.jpg

You misunderstood , it not how it seems, i mean if you were to call a Punjabi hazard would be equally insulting.

In 1399, the Muslim warrior Timur , on his
return to Kabul , stationed his Turk soldiers,
( who belonged to a sub-tribe of Turks, called
Karlugh Turks ) in Hazara to protect the
important route between Kabul and Kashmir.
By 1472, Prince Shahab-ud-Din came from
Kabul and established his rule over the region.
Prince Shahab-ud-Din, a Turk of central Asian
origin and a descendant of Amir Taimur,
founded the state and named it Pakhli Sarkar
and chose the village of Guli bagh as his
capital.
During the period of Mughal rule, local Turkish
chiefs acknowledged Mughal authority. In fact,
Mansehra ( Pakhli) provided the main route to
Kashmir and was the most commonly used
route for Emperor Akbar to travel to Kashmir.
In the 18th century, Turkish rule came to an
end due to the increased aggression of the
Swathis and their allied forces. The most
crucial attack was that of the Swatis in
collusion with Syed Jalal Baba in 1703. Syed
Jalal Shah was the son in law of the last ruler
of Turkic dynasty, Sultan Mehmud Khurd.
During the absence of the Sultan Mehmood
Khurd, Syed Jalal Shah (Jalal Baba) took
advantage of the his father in law's absence,
conspired with Swatis and invited them to
invade (Pakhli Sarkar).They succeeded to
overthrow the Turkish rulers from the Sarkar.
Thus Swatis ousted the Turks and captured
this area. The descendants of this Turkic
dynasty still live in various parts of Hazara,
such as ( Behali), Manakrai, Girwal, Mohar etc.
Decline and fall of Karlugh Turks
The last Karlugh Turks ruler of Pakhli Sarkar
was Sultan Mehmud Khurd . One of his
brothers, Sultan Qyas-ud-din, was Wali-e-
Tanawal (Lower), and the Wali-e-Tanawal
(Upper) was Sultan Sahwaj. His brother Sultan
Muqarrab was Wali-e-Dhamtor, i.e. Rush
areas of present Abbottabad . Pakhli Sarkar
had two other important governorships. One in
the areas between Battagram and Thakot ruled
by Shamsher Khan and other of Kashmir
governed by Sultan Kamal. Both of these
governors were close relatives of Turk rulers of
Pakhli Sarkar. At that time Kashmir was part
of Hazara PakhliSarkar.
The introduction of Sikh rule into Hazara,
commenced after 1818. In this year Kamal
Khan, Turk, of Manakrai, murdered his fellow-
chieftain, Hashim Khan (Karlugh)who was also
known as Hashim Khan lakhay in order to grab
throne. Hashim Khan was the son of the ruler
Malook khan and grandson of Sultan Mehmood
Khurd. Hashim Khan was ruler of appx. 84
villages which were later snatched by the
Britishers. The latter's cause was espoused by
the Tarin chief, Muhammad Khan, Mohammed
Khan Tareen helped Kamal Khan to over threw
Hashim khan who was the son of Ruler. Then
Hashim Khan took help of one of his Sikh
friend general and conquered mankray again
and took back his throne and killed Kamal
Khan. At his invitation Makhan Singh, the Sikh
Governor of Rawalpindi, invaded Hazara with
500 sowars, built a fort at Serai Saleh, and
levied tribute from the Haripur plain. Note that
Hashim Khan later died in British custody, all
of his jahgeer ws snatched and his son Hayat
Khan was given 1000 rupees at that time as
expense by the British.

How the name Hazara originated for Hindko homeland.

even though Urdu is the ethnic language of 7-8% Pakistanis , nonetheless its widely spoken & dominates even in Punjab, for example the schools in Punjab teach in English/Urdu medium, tv channels airs their programs in Urdu/English, newspapers prints in English or Urdu , Urdu is widely spoken in Punjab , in fact the only other languages after Urdu given importance in Pakistan are Pashtu & Sindhi & to some extant Baluchi , so that's why Urdu is the national language

Not all Muhajirs speak Urdu, lot many of them speak Gujarati at home.

If you combine Pakistani people who speak Punjabi dialect then they make 60% of population.

nonsense, Punjabis are like 50 to 55 % @ max

for all practical purpose you have nearly 30 million Pashtuns, close to 28 million muhajirs , 35 million sindhis 5 million baluchis 2.6 million kashmiris, around 1 million bangalis more then 2 million gilgit baltistanis
then you have makranis & others like rohingyas arabs, uzbeks, chechens ,etc add all that & its more then 110 million people out of the total population of 180 million are non Punjabis

Punjabis are @ max 65-70 million that's not even 50% percent of the 180 million people of pakistan

60% is punjab alone and he is saying to combine all the greater punjab together :cheesy:

so by him the hindkowans, the azad kashmiris are punjabis too, so it makes it more than 60% :cheesy:

by the way its completely upto one's perspective how many identify themselves to be punjabis

i have seen mirpuris, or azad kashmiris saying that there is not much difference between punjabis and azad kashmiris

and i have also spoken to one potohari who doesnt like punjabi language and identifies himself as potohari

Iran Baluch was also a mod once now he is a TT...T-Faz is half pashtun n half sindhi.. :)

60% is punjab alone and he is saying to combine all the greater punjab together :cheesy:

so by him the hindkowans, the azad kashmiris are punjabis too, so it makes it more than 60% :cheesy:

by the way its completely upto one's perspective how many identify themselves to be punjabis

i have seen mirpuris, or azad kashmiris saying that there is not much difference between punjabis and azad kashmiris

and i have also spoken to one potohari who doesnt like punjabi language and identifies himself as potohari

millions of baluch n pashtuns also live in punjab..

nonsense, Punjabis are like 50 to 55 % @ max

for all practical purpose you have nearly 30 million Pashtuns, close to 28 million muhajirs , 35 million sindhis 5 million baluchis 2.6 million kashmiris, around 1 million bangalis more then 2 million gilgit baltistanis
then you have makranis & others like rohingyas arabs, uzbeks, chechens ,etc add all that & its more then 110 million people out of the total population of 180 million are non Punjabis

Punjabis are @ max 65-70 million that's not even 50% percent of the 180 million people of pakistan

28 million muhajir :cheesy: When they make 7% of population. Infact they are not majority even in karachi. If you combine population of every punjabi dialect then its 60%. Population of Punjab alone is 101 million.

The Punjab Province exhibits a variety of Punjabi dialects spoken in the different districts.

Dialects of Punjabi
Majhi or Standard (Majority)
Pothohari (Rawalpindi and Jehlum's Districts people)
Pahari (Tehsil Muree, Kotli sattian & AJK's people)
Dhani (Chakwal district's people)
Shapuri (Sargodha division's people)
Jhangochi (Khanewal and Jhang District's people)
Jangli/Rachnavi (Sahiwal Distrct's people)
Chenavari(Tehsil Athara Tehsil Jhang's people)
Thalochi (Bhakkar,Layyah and Muzzaffargarh District's people)
Hindko (Hazara Division's people living in Punjab areas)
Chhachi (Attock Tehsil's people)
Jandali (Jand Tehsil and Mianwali district's people)
Multani/Saraiki (Multan and Lodhran districts people)
Derawali (Rajanpur,Dera Ghazi Khan districts people)
Riasti (Bahawalpur Lodhran and Rahim Yar Khan districts people)
Ghebi (Pindi Gheb Tehsil's people)
Dogri/Darhab (Jammu and Narowal district's people)
mevati (Lahore, Kasur and Narowal districts's people)

So according to you only Lahore and surrounding areas speak punjabi and rest of punjab different language? Do you know what dialects mean?

Read my post above :omghaha: Its not about who likes what and who

Iran Baluch was also a mod once now he is a TT...T-Faz is half pashtun n half sindhi.. :)

millions of baluch n pashtuns also live in punjab..

itne bakhere me matt ja chacha

balochon ka kota khatam he moderation se :cheesy:

28 million muhajir :cheesy: When they make 7% of population. Infact they are not majority even in karachi. If you combine population of every punjabi dialect then its 60%. Population of Punjab alone is 101 million.

then who is the majority then?

Read my post above :omghaha: Its not about who likes what and who

yes it is, because i was told by potohari guy that he isnt punjabi and doesnt like gandi punjabi language :cheesy:

so its completely perspective

a hindkowan residing in KPK may have completely different culture, just like a pashtun residing in mianwali, punjab

if you start grouping all into one then you may as well group all the dutch, swiss, austrians, belian, english, danes into one german nation but the reality is they are different nations each having their own country

yes it is, because i was told by potohari guy that he isnt punjabi and doesnt like gandi punjabi language :cheesy:

so its completely perspective

a hindkowan residing in KPK may have completely different culture, just like a pashtun residing in mianwali, punjab

Believe me the punjabi is closest group he can relate to, because one doesnt become ethnically Kashmiri because he is living in Azad Kashmir. Same is the case with many hindokowans, some have pashtun ancestry and many dont. But in case of potohari? 0% have Kashmiri ethnicity and speak punjabi dialect.

Spare me this talk about who likes what and who, i know very well how some Pakistanis would like to be arabs but cant escape hard reality.

Believe me the punjabi is closest group he can relate to, because one doesnt become ethnically Kashmiri because he is living in Azad Kashmir. Same is the case with many hindokowans, some have pashtun ancestry and many dont. But in case of potohari? 0% have Kashmiri ethnicity and speak punjabi dialect.

Spare me this talk about who likes what and who, i know very well how some Pakistanis would like to be arabs but cant escape hard reality.

as i said .

if you start grouping all into one then you may as well group all the dutch, swiss, austrians, belian, english, danes into one german nation but the reality is they are different nations each having their own country

itne bakhere me matt ja chacha

balochon ka kota khatam he moderation se :cheesy:

then who is the majority then?

In 1998 census Muhajirs made 48% of Karachi population, imagine now when pashtun population has grown even more. Dont spread bs.

as i said .

In that case Punjab is made up of dozens nations also lol

punjab.gif

In 1998 census Muhajirs made 48% of Karachi population, imagine now when pashtun population has grown even more. Dont spread bs.

dont spread BS?

i asked you a simple question, who is in majority now?

In that case Punjab is made up of dozens nations also lol

punjab.gif

there are atleast 4-5 regions with separate areas

for example bhawalpur was even a separate state, later merged with punjab

south punjab is a different region

similarly the north western region is different

the potohar region is also different

you find similarity into one language, tau beta jaani how different is punjabi language from hindi/urdu nowadays?

i dont know punjabi but almost understand it

it also depends on culture tradition, region etc, a lot of things

Last time i read some where Muhajir were 35% of Karachi population now.

i again ask you who is in majority now :cheesy:

why are you moving in circles?

Back
Top Bottom