What's new

Pakistani doctors flee Sindh, seek safety in Ahmedabad,India

I came across an article by Nadeem Pracha in Dawn about Pakistan pre Zia era and I was surprised how tolerant Pakistan was during that era.... For God sake there was even wine shops and popular night clubs in Pakistan.

Yep, and that was when all the "minorities" were well represented in all tiers of the government. But the main difference from today and those days is the fact the army were mostly Nationalist, not Islamist.

I came across an article by Nadeem Pracha in Dawn about Pakistan pre Zia era and I was surprised how tolerant Pakistan was during that era.... For God sake there was even wine shops and popular night clubs in Pakistan.

Yep, and that was when all the "minorities" were well represented in all tiers of the government. But the main difference from today and those days is the fact the army were mostly Nationalist, not Islamist.

We need Hitler to deal with Mullah brigade, I don't mind if million idiots need to be butchered to rollback this doctrine and restore peace & harmony

Pakistan+BD: From 20% to 2%... In Muslim land no other religion can co-exist...
Hindustan: from 8% to 25% Muslim grew.. In other'd land Muslim can grew exponentially

Any credible source to support your brain fart.

Here is population statistics of West Pakistan / Pakistan

2gvvtop.png

Well I also had read that article ...Dawn is one Pakistani news paper that I read regularly ....and editorials are quite informative and frank....Truly speaking presence of wine shops and night clubs can't be true measure of tolerance ( if you use that yard stick then Gujarat and Maharshtra states of India also will have to be counted ad intolerant ....) ... but yes things were quite ' relaxed ' those days ...There were less restrictions ...less prejudices ....less bigotry ... less intolerance ...and Pakistan was just like any other western countries ...thanks to its association with US which allowed liberalism to thrive ...and by all means Pakistan was developing well ....it was several notches ahead of India with respect to many development indicators !

Somehow rise of Zia Ul Haq destroyed all that Pakistan could have been and should have been ...

If Pakistan had continued on same path that it was on before Zia Ul Haq arrived today Pakistan would have been a developed country ...

And yet I won't say all is lost ...Pakistan still can reclaim its due place if it can shun extremism and corruption...

( By the way corruption seems to be chief reason for maladies in subcontinent ... )

Pakistan and India need to introspect ....what went wrong after Independence ....and why other Asian countries like Singapore , Korea could develop so fast even after gaining independence much after India , Pakistan ( despite in similar conditions post independence )

well radicalization of Pakistan army should be major concern for Pakistan ...

Pakistan army is backbone of the whole nation ....if this institution is eroded with poison of extremism ....it will spell disaster for not only Pakistan but whole subcontinent ...

This is something which needs to be tackled on the most urgent basis ....

The proportion of radicals is still small in army ...but nevertheless it can increase to dangerous proportions !

Hope Pakistan realizes this and doing what is necessary ...because survival of Pakistani state hinges upon integrity of Pakistan army ....

( I am sorry some of my posts are actually not directly related to thread per se ....but this is something I wanted to say to our Pakistani friends for quite some time ....)

Good luck to them.

But i doubt their wiseness level . they could have got a better deal in US or UK or any western country by playing the same victim card. migrating from hell to hell is like falling from a dirrty nullah to a sevarage line

Any credible source to support your brain fart.

Here is population statistics of West Pakistan / Pakistan

2gvvtop.png

It was 15% in 1947 and now its mere 2%.

at the founding of Pakistan, Hindus comprised nearly 15% of the country's population and now number barely 2%. Many have left, many have been killed, and many have converted to other religions to protect themselves. All in all, a travesty for a state that was created with the intended purpose of protecting minorities.
Protecting Pakistan's Hindus | Comment is free | theguardian.com

Hindus, who accounted for 15% of Pakistan's population at partition, now make up just 2% of its 170 million people as emigration and forced conversions take their toll.

Pakistan Hindus: Ashes of Pakistani Hindus finally travel to India for scattering in Ganges - Los Angeles Times

I have posted population census of Pakistan (West Pakistan) - In 1951 (After Partition & Migration) Indian Religions were 1.6% of total population and they are almost same today. If you go by logic of those news cuttings and consider the population on 15 Aug 1947 than Indian has eliminated millions of Muslims from East Punjab. Little bit of commonsense is expected from literate people.

I have posted population census of Pakistan (West Pakistan) - In 1951 (After Partition & Migration) Indian Religions were 1.6% of total population and they are almost same today. If you go by logic of those news cuttings and consider the population on 15 Aug 1947 than Indian has eliminated millions of Muslims from East Punjab. Little bit of commonsense is expected from literate people.

You were looking for a credible source. I just gave them.

Secondly, the population (in my links) is not of pre partitioned India.

What I heard the population of Hindus in Pakistan have seen decline in instead of increase in last decade.

You were looking for a credible source. I just gave them.

Secondly, the population (in my links) is not of pre partitioned India.

Maybe my English is not that much good to understand..... But anyway migration started after partition not at partition/at founding. If you want to use same yard stick than Muslim population of East Punjab is reduced from over 40% to almost 0%.

at the founding of Pakistan, Hindus comprised nearly 15% of the country's population and now number barely 2%. Many have left, many have been killed, and many have converted to other religions to protect themselves. All in all, a travesty for a state that was created with the intended purpose of protecting minorities.

Hindus, who accounted for 15% of Pakistan's population at partition, now make up just 2% of its 170 million people as emigration and forced conversions take their toll.

What I heard the population of Hindus in Pakistan have seen decline in instead of increase in last decade.

That can be because of growth rate, otherwise i haven't seen Hindus migrating in millions or genocide of Hindu community - Not saying there is no problem, or none migrated - As per this official report of Population Census of Pakistan (West) - Muslims were 97.2% in 1961 and they are almost same today.

http://pide.org.pk/pdr/index.php/pdr/article/viewFile/32/32

@LoveIcon - Bohat walaaa time ehhh ? :coffee:

Aaap jo mujhe naseehat karteiiin haiiin usss peiii khudd pei tou amal kareiiin - Chaduuu ainaaa nuuuu ! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@LoveIcon - Bohat walaaa time ehhh ? :coffee:

Aaap jo mujhe naseehat karteiiin haiiin usss peiii khudd pei tou amal kareiiin - Chaduuu ainaaa nuuuu ! :)

Aaj tumhara bhai waila baitha howa hai, koi aur kaam nahi tha tu socha Indians ko thora educate kar doon :pop:

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaj tumhara bhai waila baitha howa hai, koi aur kaam nahi tha tu socha Indians ko thora educate kar doon :pop:

Chaleiiin dil khol ke kareein ! :)

Koi Tehran mein Disco wagheraaa nahin haiii jahaan aaap jaa sakeiiin ? :what:

Ya phir koi Iranian Revolutionary Guards ki duftaaar jaa kar hiii koiii uuun keiii saaaath cigarette wagheraa peee leeiiin ? :unsure:

Ya phir kisss Iranian Molvi kei saaath hiii baisss-mobasaaa kar leiiin ? :undecided:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom