What's new

Pakistani doctor to be nominated for Congressional Gold Medal over Osama

RayKalm

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Shakeel Afridi was detained three weeks after the US special forces raid that killed the al-Qaeda leader in the town of Abbottabad last year.
The doctor had set up a fake hepatitis immunisation campaign in an attempt to obtain DNA from bin Laden's children and confirm the presence of the world's most wanted man in a fortified compound barely 30 miles from the Pakistani capital.
On Tuesday, Dana Rohrabacher, chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations, said he would be introducing a bill to recognise Dr Afridi with the Congressional Gold Medal.
"Dr Afridi's acts to help the United States were extremely valiant and daring," he said. "All Americans owe him our most sincere gratitude for helping to execute the terrorist who murdered thousands of innocent Americans."
However, charities working in Pakistan have criticised the fake vaccination programme. They fear it will lead to suspicions that aid workers are working for foreign intelligence agencies compromising their security in a country awash with anti-American sentiment.

Pakistani doctor to be nominated for Congressional Gold Medal over Osama bin Laden raid - Telegraph

USA has killed her most dreadful enemy... Akhir infromer ka bhi to kuchh banta hai .:taz:

And his wife is a girl school principal. nothing could have been a worse combination than that

Taliban already against girl education will use that fact as a reason to stop girls from education
and the population is already anti vacination already without the Taliban.

but like they say, ends justify the means. Yanks got Osama thank god for that.

---------- Post added at 02:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 AM ----------

Wasn't there a $10million bounty on Osama, will he get penny for it?
I think AMericans will open a trust fund for him until he is allowed to fly to America

I don't believe that the doctor's effort produced any intel on the people in the Osama compound. I believe they did not co-operate with him. As for destroying confidence in vaccination programs, that has been caused by the out-of-control publicity in Pakistan over the "non-event" that it was.

How will he get the gold medal when he's under the custody of the ISI :cheesy:

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

I think AMericans will open a trust fund for him until he is allowed to fly to America

I don't think most Americans care enough for him to open a trust for him. He was another of their tissue paper that they used and threw away.

How will he get the gold medal when he's under the custody of the ISI :cheesy:

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

I don't think most Americans care enough for him to open a trust for him. He was another of their tissue paper that they used and threw away.

Just same as Liu Xiaobo receives Nobel peace prize.:butcher:

I don't believe that the doctor's effort produced any intel on the people in the Osama compound. I believe they did not co-operate with him. As for destroying confidence in vaccination programs, that has been caused by the out-of-control publicity in Pakistan over the "non-event" that it was.

this event played its part but sadly people of that region are very hostile to

girl education
women jobs
and vacination programs, the health workers are harrased and even killed in the past for that.

if the informer was a news agent or a lawyer then it wouldnt have cause that much controversy. since I live in the area I know the ground reality
its very hard to convey from print or electronic media

Back
Top Bottom