What's new

Pakistani Diaspora Among the World's Largest

an example of Indian dominance in US :toast_sign:

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm.......this is good this fits in my plans for world domination south asia is getting pretty cramped pakistani population is huge and still growing really fast too much for pakistan to handle time to start spreading out to far off lands we have begun our invasion of norway already time to make some more colonies,sparse yet rich places like canada or australia are good we can outbreed them in short time.
Damned, we KNEW it! (but those who leave don't breed as quick as home...and we do have trailer parks!)

To be quite honest, and being a resident of NYC: These days I run across more Bangladeshi Cab drivers than Pakistanis or Indians. Facts and data are facts and data, but this is my experience, and I'm not exaggerating when I say 4 out of 5 times, my cabby is from Bangladesh.

Did you ever see that episode of the critic, where he goes to Iraq, and his cabby is from NY?

Per Capita Remittances:

In terms of per capita remittances based the World Bank data, China leads the world with an average of $6,100 sent home by each member of the Chinese diaspora, followed by the Philippines ($4,953), India ($4,824), Bangladesh ($2055), Pakistan ($2000), Mexico ($1904), UK ($1,574), Ukraine ($803) and Russia ($504). These per capita figures are an indication of the wealth of each diaspora and the extent of the brain drain experienced by these nations.

Even Bangladeshis earn more than Pakistanis:cheesy:

I have been in Silicon Valley for 30 years, and I personally know hundreds of Pakistani software engineers, including highly successful Pakistani entrepreneurs whose companies have either gone IPO or been acquired by larger companies.

Almost every major high-tech product in Silicon valley has had contribution by a Pakistani engineer, many of them alums from my alma mater NED University in Karachi.

Haq's Musings: Silicon Valley Summit of Pakistani Entrepreneurs

Haq's Musings: Pakistani-American Entrepreneurs Catch the Wave

My boss has done her MBA from Stanford, and I asked the same question. And Stanford is known for Silicon valley entrepreneurs. She says Pakistani entrepreneurs are a rarity, and you give a different picture.

Except for Umair Haque, I am yet to come across a impressive Pakistani. To be honest, Pakistani diaspora don't enjoy a great reputation, except may be some doctors who are of Pakistani origin

My boss has done her MBA from Stanford, and I asked the same question. And Stanford is known for Silicon valley entrepreneurs. She says Pakistani entrepreneurs are a rarity, and you give a different picture.

You are right. I have been working in silicon valley for last 8yrs. I am yet meet a pakistani who is software engineer.

Even Bangladeshis earn more than Pakistanis:cheesy:

:lol:

Another brainwashed inferiority-complex stricken bharti....

Jahil , read the definition of the word "remittances" and then look at your retarded comment.

Low life troll.

You are right. I have been working in silicon valley for last 8yrs. I am yet meet a Pakistani who is software engineer.

My brother works in Silicon valley too, and that too for one of the largest companies. Not many Pakistanis there too.

I personally know dozens of very successful Pakistani entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley. And hundreds of them show up at the annual Silicon Valley conference of OPEN, Org of Pakistani Entrepreneurs.

Haq's Musings: OPEN Forum 2012: Pakistani-American Entrepreneurs' Conference in Silicon Valley

I personally know dozens of very successful Pakistani entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley. And hundreds of them show up at the annual Silicon Valley conference of OPEN, Org of Pakistani Entrepreneurs.

Haq's Musings: OPEN Forum 2012: Pakistani-American Entrepreneurs' Conference in Silicon Valley

There may be, but they are far few; anyway, they are not known internationally. Pakistanis don't enjoy a great reputation when it comes to entrepreneurship, innovation and free thinking.

There may be, but they are far few; anyway, they are not known internationally. Pakistanis don't enjoy a great reputation when it comes to entrepreneurship, innovation and free thinking.

That's your view from your little pond surrounded by anti-Pakistan Indian media.

If you get out of your dark little pond and open your bigoted mind, you'll be able to see what some of your fellow Indians have by venturing out into the real world.

Haq's Musings: Indians Share "Eye-Opener" Stories of Pakistan

That's your view from your little pond surrounded by anti-Pakistan Indian media.

If you get out of your dark little pond and open your bigoted mind, you'll be able to see what some of your fellow Indians have by venturing out into the real world.
I was going to ignore this but the highlited parts compelled me to post all this $hit :tsk:

The results show that the trend Saxenian documented for Silicon Valley, a pattern of skilled immigrants leading innovation and creating jobs and wealth, has become a nationwide phenomenon. Here are some characteristics of the engineering and technology companies started in the U.S. from 1995 to 2005.In 25.3% of these companies, at least one key founder was foreign-born.

• Nationwide, these immigrant-founded companies produced $52 billion in sales and employed 450,000 workers in 2005.
  • Indians have founded more engineering and technology companies in the US in the past decade than immigrants from the U.K., China, Taiwan and Japan combined. Of all immigrant-founded companies, 26% have Indian founders.
  • Chinese (Mainland- and Taiwan-born) entrepreneurs are heavily concentrated in California, with 49% of Mainland Chinese and 81% of Taiwanese companies located there. Indian and U.K. entrepreneurs tend to be dispersed around the country, with Indians having sizable concentrations in California and New Jersey and the British in California and Georgia.
  • Almost 80% of immigrant-founded companies in the US were within just two industry fields: software and innovation/manufacturing-related services.
  • A comparison with Saxenian’s 1999 findings shows that the percentage of firms with Indian or Chinese founders had increased from 24% to 28%. Indian immigrants outpaced their Chinese counterparts as founders of engineering and technology companies in Silicon Valley. Saxenian reported that 17% of Silicon Valley startups from 1980-1998 had a Chinese founder and 7% had an Indian founder. We found that from 1995 to 2005, Indians were key founders of 15.5% of all Silicon Valley startups, and immigrants from China and Taiwan were key founders in 12.8%.

2hhfwxv.jpg

9kxiyv.jpg

2a69z45.jpg

2jepzdc.jpg

CTRL+F >> Pakistan
23mlczq.jpg

n4xuoo.jpg

Source: America's New Immigrant Entrepreneurs

I was going to ignore this but the highlited parts compelled me to post all this $hit :tsk:

You call what you posted $hit, and that's exactly what it is.

I have been living in Si Valley for over 30 years and I am far more familiar with what's going on here than the people who wrote the $hit you have posted.

Here's the truth:

1. Pakistani entrepreneurs are easily the third largest organized group in Si Valley after Chinese and Indians. Check out some of the names here: Charter Members : OPEN Silicon Valley

2. Several Pakistani founded companies have gone IPO or been acquired by bigger companies in the last decades.

3. Some of the Pakistani founders' names well known to the Si Valley tech community include Safi Qureshi (AST computers founder), Raghib Hussain (Cavium founder), Atiq Raza (NextGen founder), Rehan Jalil (WiChous), Jauhar Zaidi (Palmchip), Sohaib Abbasi (Oracle), Naveed Sherwani (OpenSilicon), Idris Kothari (VPNet, VIA Technologies), Ashar Aziz (FireEye), Nazim Kareemi (Canesta), Safwan Shah (Infonox), Faraz Hoddbhoy (PixSense), and many many more.

Nope I would rather believe the American census bureau, than some newbie journalist trying to boost his career by being controversial.

Robert Menendez - US Senator for New Jersey: Newsroom|LETTER TO TIME ON JOEL STEIN’S ESSAY ABOUT INDIAN-AMERICANS IN NJ
Wow...some who understands how journalism works and how you sell books! (doesn't mean it's not true) Must be a first on this forum! If it bleeds it leads yadda yadda!

more appropriate way to say is only 2% of indian in USA are taxi driver while 10% of pakistani living in USA are taxi driver
and yes there is nothing wrong in taxi driver job but it does show the working skill
It wouldn't be NY without Asian cabbies...we should apply to the UN to preserve this as cultural heritage or something.

Back
Top Bottom