What's new

Pakistani Diaspora Among the World's Largest

Dude, I never pegged you to be a racist. :disagree:

Deep cultural bias...not at all racist...If I met you in person...would take you on your character as an individual...not by your race. (do you know the difference? I believe if you were raised in my environment...you would turn out similar to me...a racist believes you would not...because you are a different race...) And I wasn't being disparging...I love Asian cabbies! They are a unique experience.

Deep cultural bias...not at all racist...If I met you in person...would take you on your character as an individual...not by your race. (do you know the difference? I believe if you were raised in my environment...you would turn out similar to me...a racist believes you would not...because you are a different race...)

LOL, mate, are you kidding me - aren't you stereotyping a whole continent in your statement?

Yes, I was brought up in a very colorful multicultural environment, one thing that was instilled in me was, not to stereotype nationalities and cultures.

You on a whole are a very balanced person, however, if someone you perceive is aiming for you, you go full-scale thermonuclear on the whole race.

Mate, let's try to build a few bridges here, that's all what I am saying!

You read me like a book. And very multi-cultural up-bringing too. Hell...was born in Europe...lived there many years....living in El Paso now....I'm a minority here!:cheesy:

You call what you posted $hit, and that's exactly what it is.

I have been living in Si Valley for over 30 years and I am far more familiar with what's going on here than the people who wrote the $hit you have posted.

Here's the truth:

1. Pakistani entrepreneurs are easily the third largest organized group in Si Valley after Chinese and Indians. Check out some of the names here: Charter Members : OPEN Silicon Valley

2. Several Pakistani founded companies have gone IPO or been acquired by bigger companies in the last decades.

3. Some of the Pakistani founders' names well known to the Si Valley tech community include Safi Qureshi (AST computers founder), Raghib Hussain (Cavium founder), Atiq Raza (NextGen founder), Rehan Jalil (WiChous), Jauhar Zaidi (Palmchip), Sohaib Abbasi (Oracle), Naveed Sherwani (OpenSilicon), Idris Kothari (VPNet, VIA Technologies), Ashar Aziz (FireEye), Nazim Kareemi (Canesta), Safwan Shah (Infonox), Faraz Hoddbhoy (PixSense), and many many more.

LoL - indians and their inferiority complexes - to be expected really.

You read me like a book. And very multi-cultural up-bringing too. Hell...was born in Europe...lived there many years....living in El Paso now....I'm a minority here!:cheesy:
How does it feel to be a Gringo? LMAO :rofl:

How does it feel to be a Gringo? LMAO :rofl:

Not too bad (though not speaking spanish is a pain). Love me some Mexican girls though! Military brat...then Army myself. We have the biggest set of military complexes in the US! (trinity is not too far north)

Not too bad (though not speaking spanish is a pain). Love me some Mexican girls though!

Dude, all Spanish girls require way more work than the norm (at least mainland Spain). I hate that. My lowest score yet! :sick:

Same here, ex Air force!

Dude, all Spanish girls require way more work than the norm. I hate that. My lowest score yet! :sick:
Those who think Spanish girls are low maintainance...have NOT dated one...(I of course mean Latin American...not met too many Spaniards). Though my dad was Army...he was ADA...so we were always near Air Force bases...

Those who think Spanish girls are low maintainance...have NOT dated one...
No woman is low maintenance. You have to look at it from a "relative" angle.

For example, Spanish women TAX your mind emotionally, whereas North-West European's tax your pocket more, and emotions "relatively" less!

I'd rather be taxed monetarily! :azn:

No woman is low maintenance. You have to look at it from a "relative" angle. For example, Spanish women TAX your mind, whereas North-Western European's tax your pocket. I'd rather be taxed monetarily! :azn:
Lol, true THAT! Much easier to give'em a few bucks than the dreaded "we need to talk" Current girl is a sweety (Speaks perfect English...is as American as they get..but has a HUGE Mexican flag in her room...and when the Americans play Mexico in soccer...I know to keep my mouth shut...thank god I'm not a big fan..)

Lol, true THAT! Much easier to give'em a few bucks than the dreaded "we need to talk" Current girl is a sweety (Speaks perfect English...is as American as they get..but has a HUGE Mexican flag in her room...and when the Americans play Mexico in soccer...I know to keep my mouth shut...thank god I'm not a big fan..)

* We need to talk...
* I was thinking...
* What do you feel...
* Where is it going... :cry:

Dude, these Europeans and soccer playing nations are absolutely NUT-JOBS, never ever take a side. Best, stay quiet and wave your head, whenever someone scores a goal. It's sometimes even difficult to differentiate between their jerseys :drag:

Oh..and her immigration status is "unclear"...which tears me up when I want to support tough immigration laws (how would I feel if they deported her?). Like I said...perfect English with little trace of accent (been here since very young) I didn't even know this until we talked about her finishing her studies...when it came up she was not eldgible for financial aid (citizenship issues)

Oh..and her immigration status is "unclear"...which tears me up when I want to support tough immigration laws (how would I feel if they deported her?). Like I said...perfect English with little trace of accent (been here since very young)

Wait a minute, what do you mean by "unclear" immigration status? If she has been there, she should have some sort of permeant residence permit - doesn't she? Or she forgot to do the paperwork?

I mean, if she is not a passing floozy, and you have some leverage to help her, then help her by all means necessary!

I hate INS or any immigration agency interfering in the affairs of heart. Yes, I'm a sentimental retard :D

Wait a minute, what do you mean by "unclear" immigration status? If she has been there, she should have some sort of permeant residence permit - doesn't she? Or she forgot to do the paperwork?

I mean, if she is not a passing floozy, and you have some leverage to help her, then help her by all means necessary!
It seems a lack of paperwork, her mom was a longtime resident but not "Official," and Mari was not born here...it comes up often at UTEP.

Back
Top Bottom