What's new

Pakistani couple incurs SR128,000 hospital bill in delivery of baby girl

this is ridiculous.. shame on hospital !
In the U.S. the ultimate reason we had to have some sort of national health insurance is that so many people left the hospital without the means or intent to pay their bill. The Saudis have come up with their own ingenious solution to the problem, haven't they?

Its just a matter of time before some individual or organization helps them out.
Are you writing this to reassure yourself and your fellow Pakistanis that you need not bestir yourselves to do something, because somebody else surely will?

At some point in your lives, don't you think you should do something for the good of another human being, without any expectation of return? And if not, what does that make you?

Last edited:
In the U.S. the ultimate reason we had to have some sort of national health insurance is that so many people left the hospital without the means or intent to pay their bill. The Saudis have come up with their own ingenious solution to the problem, haven't they?

Are you writing this to reassure yourself and your fellow Pakistanis that you need not bestir yourselves to do something, because somebody else surely will?

At some point in your lives, don't you think you should do something for the good of another human being, without any expectation of return? And if not, what does that make you?
1.I am an Indian and not a Pakistani.
2. Yep,I have and will do things to help others without expecting anything in return.
3. In this case,my options are limited-I don't have the money nor the capability to help them. If I had,certainly I would've helpe'em.

Taif hospital waives SR128,000 bill for Pak baby

premature%20baby.jpg

A Pakistani expat who raked up a SR128,000 medical bill treating his prematurely born daughter was overjoyed after a report published in Arab News highlighting his struggle prompted the hospital to waive all charges.
“I am speechless and delighted to be able to take my baby girl home with us after three months in hospital,” said Mohammed Ishaq, an uneducated farm worker. “The article published by Arab News changed my life.”
His daughter, born on Feb. 10, had been placed in an incubator, incurring huge medical expenses.
“I undertake random jobs in farming and driving to make ends meet,” he told Arab News. “I had no idea the media could be so powerful a tool. I only came to know of the impact of the article published in Arab News when the hospital management informed me that my baby girl had been discharged,” he said.
“I could not believe we could go home without paying a single riyal,” said an emotional Ishaq. “Generous Pakistani expats had sent in donations, but thankfully, I no longer need financial help because hospital owner has refused to take any money from me.”
He said: “I am indebted to Arab News. Childbirth is usually a cause for celebration, but our situation was different. We have not been able to rejoice until now.”
Ishaq also thanked Al-Nahda Hospital in Taif for their humanitarian gesture.
The hospital had also issued a birth notification, which is usually withheld by private hospitals until medical expenses are paid in full, to enable Ishaq to apply for a birth certificate with the Civil Affairs office.
Ishaq expressed gratitude to Arab News readers who had tried to reach him to offer their support.

Taif hospital waives SR128,000 bill for Pak baby | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

Been to Saudi Arabia and except for holy places, would not want to visit that country. People there re very arrogant, unhelpful and the state discriminates against foreigners and 'guest' workers massively.

Taif hospital waives SR128,000 bill for Pak baby

premature%20baby.jpg

A Pakistani expat who raked up a SR128,000 medical bill treating his prematurely born daughter was overjoyed after a report published in Arab News highlighting his struggle prompted the hospital to waive all charges.
“I am speechless and delighted to be able to take my baby girl home with us after three months in hospital,” said Mohammed Ishaq, an uneducated farm worker. “The article published by Arab News changed my life.”
His daughter, born on Feb. 10, had been placed in an incubator, incurring huge medical expenses.
“I undertake random jobs in farming and driving to make ends meet,” he told Arab News. “I had no idea the media could be so powerful a tool. I only came to know of the impact of the article published in Arab News when the hospital management informed me that my baby girl had been discharged,” he said.
“I could not believe we could go home without paying a single riyal,” said an emotional Ishaq. “Generous Pakistani expats had sent in donations, but thankfully, I no longer need financial help because hospital owner has refused to take any money from me.”
He said: “I am indebted to Arab News. Childbirth is usually a cause for celebration, but our situation was different. We have not been able to rejoice until now.”
Ishaq also thanked Al-Nahda Hospital in Taif for their humanitarian gesture.
The hospital had also issued a birth notification, which is usually withheld by private hospitals until medical expenses are paid in full, to enable Ishaq to apply for a birth certificate with the Civil Affairs office.
Ishaq expressed gratitude to Arab News readers who had tried to reach him to offer their support.

Taif hospital waives SR128,000 bill for Pak baby | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

Claps all around!

Been to Saudi Arabia and except for holy places, would not want to visit that country. People there re very arrogant, unhelpful and the state discriminates against foreigners and 'guest' workers massively.

Sir Jee, what you wrote is not 100% true. I spent a part of my life there; there are good people and bad in every country. Even, I met some individuals with bad attitude but not worth mentioning ... the goodness is so great as compared to, what you experienced!

Very sad story , and once again our Embassy FAILS Pakistanis in international difficulty

Back
Top Bottom