Solomon2

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
United States
logo.png

Pakistani couple incurs SR128,000 hospital bill in delivery of baby girl

• 1399992079184559500.jpg

SEEKING HELP: Mohammed Ishaq with his family. (AN photo)
JEDDAH: IRFAN MOHAMMED

Published — Saturday 17 May 2014

Last update 18 May 2014 2:15 pm

A poor Pakistani farm worker in Taif is desperately trying to pay the mounting hospital bills which he incurred after his wife gave birth to a premature baby girl. He cannot take his baby home until he pays the money in full.

Mohammed Ishaq, a 26-year-old Pakistani, works as agriculture farm worker cum driver in Taif. His wife, Hasina Nader Mohammed had a premature delivery on Feb. 10 of this year giving birth to a baby girl weighing 1 kg and suffering from respiratory distress syndrome. Ishaq was billed a total of SR127,680 according to the medical records.

The Pakistani couple was unable to bear the huge cost as both are not covered by health insurance.

The baby was placed in an incubator at the Al Nahda Hospital in Taif for 22 days where she was treated with antifungal medication and supplied oxygen. She also spent 43 days in the ICU for respiratory treatment and given artificial ventilation.

“The hospital is demanding the payment of a sum of SR127,680 as their service charges before they agree to discharge my daughter,” Ishaq said.

He said that he worked on a farm and drove his sponsor’s vehicle. “My wages are not sufficient to pay such a large amount of money,” he said adding that he wouldn’t be able to raise this amount even he worked for another ten years in the Kingdom.

When asked about the medical insurance cover, he replied, “Domestic employees such as house drivers, maids and farm workers are not covered in the mandatory medical insurance cover.”

Ishaq said that he knew some Pakistani workers in Taif but that they were of the same social status as himself, and were unable to raise the sum. “My wife and I are grief-stricken and at a loss as to where to go and whom to ask for help,” he said sorrowfully.

For those who want to help, you can contact the Pakistani Consulate in Jeddah at (96612) 669-1046 or Mohammed Ishaq at mobile number 05631-81571.

I thought health care was free or is it free only for Arabs? So much for brotherhood. In this ''kafir'' and ''evil'' UK health care is free even if you are an illegal immigrant you are at least guaranteed free health care.

Is there a fund we can contribute to?

Is there a fund we can contribute to?
I think they added the contact info at the bottom of the article
''• For those who want to help, you can contact the Pakistani Consulate in Jeddah at (96612) 669-1046 or Mohammed Ishaq at mobile number 05631-81571.''

I think they added the contact info at the bottom of the article
''• For those who want to help, you can contact the Pakistani Consulate in Jeddah at (96612) 669-1046 or Mohammed Ishaq at mobile number 05631-81571.''

Thanks bro.

I bet some sheikh would step in, if I am not wrong there have been such cases earlier.

I thought health care was free or is it free only for Arabs? So much for brotherhood. In this ''kafir'' and ''evil'' UK health care is free even if you are an illegal immigrant you are at least guaranteed free health care.
Well not really totally free, they take it out of the taxes, but still the hospital should at least give the kid to her parents.

this thing allways make me upset.arab countries are soo good but medication is hell here.expats fear from going to doctor as fearing from a devil

Back
Top Bottom