What's new

Pakistani corner

What? i can't stay here in Ramadan, last year was a killer-may god bless the poor. I can't deal with this weather.

You heard me exactly brother, this time would be worst than last year as there is no such rain or even clouds during the months from May to July. Wish I could move to Islamabad ASAP and praying as well. This city is red with innocent's blood so what else to expect from above, indeed the sins are more than our good and we are still on the way of destruction. May ALLAH bless this city and country. Ameen.

@Khafee Sir, how are you? Long time no see. Hope you are fine and doing well.

imk%20shade%20copy.jpg

You heard me exactly brother, this time would be worst than last year as there is no such rain or even clouds during the months from May to July
This process will continue.....
2017 will be worse than 2016 & 2018 will be worse than 2017 and so on.....
Humans "progress" have ruined the nature......
And people still don't even consider it a problem........

This process will continue.....
2017 will be worse than 2016 & 2018 will be worse than 2017 and so on.....
Humans "progress" have ruined the nature......
And people still don't even consider it a problem........

Only prayers are left though they are looting each & everything. No such management found so far in case of worst weather so also no arrangements are made nor they are interesting. Alas, only pour will die such death of heat stroke etc yet these politicians will be having committee sessions in fully chilled rooms.

Only prayers are left though they are looting each & everything. No such management found so far in case of worst weather so also no arrangements are made nor they are interesting. Alas, only pour will die such death of heat stroke etc yet these politicians will be having committee sessions in fully chilled rooms.
Well still it is not too late.
But issue is ...... the greatest hurdle in Ecofriendly global policy making and their implementation is Multi Billion Oil cooperation mafia...... they have very deep influence in global politics....... and they will not compromise on their business...... even if it comes at price of drying up rivers, burning of forests, melting of glaciers,famines and increment in Tsunamis and Hurricans and what so ever bad thing we can expect from Nature....

Well still it is not too late.
But issue is ...... the greatest hurdle in Ecofriendly global policy making and their implementation is Multi Billion Oil cooperation mafia...... they have very deep influence in global politics....... and they will not compromise on their business...... even if it comes at price of drying up rivers, burning of forests, melting of glaciers,famines and increment in Tsunamis and Hurricans and what so ever bad thing we can expect from Nature....

Indeed such mafia wouldn't care as they are not caring but if we look at it like a local issue for Karachi even, Sayi Sarkar has made it hell for common population except the VIPs that do not even know what's going on in this city. Even aware of such climate change, they are still chopping the trees and there is no sign of any alternate or new plantations. This leadership is making this city into another Thar as well.

I have read Pakistan does border with Tajikistan, if not can we not deal with the Afghans-considering it will open a new route for us and that it will develop Ghizer and surrounding areas. Lalik Jans mizer was the only reason a proper road was made from Gilgit to Ghizer and onward by Musharraf. (Lalik Jan was also from Yasin:-))

Not exactly. The Wakhan Corridor separates us from Tajikistan. It's a lawless frontier ripe with anti-Pakistan elements. Also, there aren't any feasible natural routes into the corridor from Pakistan or Tajikistan. We'll be best suited linking to Tajikistan through China. Not only is this route much more stable and reliable it also already has the infrastructure required. Sadly Ghizer, for now, will have to take the trickles of CPEC. However, I am very hopeful that the injection of money in the region will naturally see, at the least, gradual improvement in the accessibility of all the north-west districts (from Chitral to Ishkomen), resulting in obvious economic benefit.

As soon as constitutional status is given, along with NA seats sebsidy should be removed ASAP. GB should be given same autonomy as any province, what do you make of it?

I, personally, would keep the subsidies but gradually start instituting taxes. The remote nature of the region's areas demand very careful federal economic nurturing if we want to see the region rising to its deserved place ASAP. Subsidies in basic consumer items, generally, and fuel, especially, will be paramount in not only allowing the region's economy to grow at a faster pace but will also keep the living standard stable (which, as of now, is shamefully below what it should be). The subsidies would then naturally reduce as the areas become better integrated with the national economy through the increase in accessibility and in result the flourishing of tourism and local industries.

ps: I apologize for such a late reply. Been really tied up lately.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom