What's new

Pakistani corner

naught much i too have been keeping quiet here. hows your plant phd going? what's your thesis on?
Well my PhD aint going too well right now I just go to office to pretend to do work been doing that for almost a month now :-/
Just that we have limited growth chambers and greenhouse rooms so my experiments are put on a hold for a while....

My PhD is about plant genetics looking for some genes and characterizing them

Well my PhD aint going too well right now I just go to office to pretend to do work been doing that for almost a month now :-/
Just that we have limited growth chambers and greenhouse rooms so my experiments are put on a hold for a while....

sorry to hear that. your studying here in the uk right?

Look Busy Do Nothing - the oldest trick in the book ! :D

I've got my hair like this right now:

6a1709deac94ad7162a148b603373cef.jpg

Might add some pink too:
Purple or lime green.

Happy Valentines day all :smitten:. I wonder why the president has problems with me expressing my love for my parents by giving them a few flowers, or cards.
For those who complain regarding this day, especially mullahs-we are corrupt to the core, everything we do is corrupt. We can't even sell vegetables honestly. For those who complain, please fix these problems first.

Happy Valentines day all :smitten:. I wonder why the president has problems with me expressing my love for my parents by giving them a few flowers, or cards.
For those who complain regarding this day, especially mullahs-we are corrupt to the core, everything we do is corrupt. We can't even sell vegetables honestly. For those who complain, please fix these problems first.
Instead of valentine Day, we should celebrate it with new name Love Day, to celebrate Saint Valentine's birth day certainly not our culture but to celebrate love is our culture even in villages people gather and listen the love story of Heer Ranjha (Heer ranjhe ki phuphi ki byti nahien thi and this proved celebrate love is our culture) same case with Sahiba Mahiwal and many....

regards,

Happy Love day..:smitten::kiss3:

Instead of valentine Day, we should celebrate it with new name Love Day, to celebrate Saint Valentine's birth day certainly not our culture but to celebrate love is our culture even in villages people gather and listen the love story of Heer Ranjha (Heer ranjhe ki phuphi ki byti nahien thi and this proved celebrate love is our culture) same case with Sahiba Mahiwal and many....

regards,

Happy Love day..:smitten::kiss3:
How bout kharchaday (╥_╥)

Good to know:-). I wonder how big a failure that speech was:lol:?

Astore is pretty cold. I think GB region of CPEC should be done professionally and it is and we will not see any real political confrontations there, as long as the Legislative government is taken on board, which is. These projects will attract investors and tourists.

I'm sure you know how retarded our politics is. For example the Lowari Tunnel was 98% completed when the PPP came and then for years it remained like that. It couldn't be opened to regular traffic because there were no electrical lights installed. Why wasn't this simple task completed? Because this tunnel alone gave Musharaf overwhelming support in the area (the only place where Musharaf's party won a seat in the last elections). The PPP or the PMLN couldn't have that, so they kept the almost complete tunnel waiting for years while the locals suffered!

ps: Astore is SPECTACULAR! :D

Or do you think they meet just for the sake of meeting? it's the usual, coordination, trade, education...
Check the new video of Aussie Man, the goat one.

@krash , The killer mountain!

Sharing it again:

Brilliant!

One little correction though. The "Killer Mountain" would be Nangaparbat.

I'm sure you know how retarded our politics is. For example the Lowari Tunnel was 98% completed when the PPP came and then for years it remained like that. It couldn't be opened to regular traffic because there were no electrical lights installed. Why wasn't this simple task completed? Because this tunnel alone gave Musharaf overwhelming support in the area (the only place where Musharaf's party won a seat in the last elections). The PPP or the PMLN couldn't have that, so they kept the almost complete tunnel waiting for years while the locals suffered!
All in the name of politics, Musharraf is loved in GB for the work he has done for the locals, mostly loved in Chitral area. Little more organised and they can easily win in those areas.
ps: Astore is SPECTACULAR! :D
And very cold.
One little correction though. The "Killer Mountain" would be Nangaparbat.
Experts refer to K2 as the killer mountain, K2 has its own distinction. Nangaparbat too has claimed many lives.

All in the name of politics, Musharraf is loved in GB for the work he has done for the locals, mostly loved in Chitral area. Little more organised and they can easily win in those areas.

Yup.

And very cold.

Trust me I know :P Took these over the years, usually in Jan or Dec,

481317_10151005216498319_997850818_n_zpsh9wu3tqq.jpg
546696_10151005083163319_172435660_n_zps2lrceiu1.jpg
150785_10151005077118319_1555562064_n_zpsce5hntmk.jpg
536277_10151005078598319_2023293027_n_zpscxfs1bw7.jpg

I have hi-res copies of these pics laying around somewhere too but couldn't find them.

Experts refer to K2 as the killer mountain, K2 has its own distinction. Nangaparbat too has claimed many lives.

Mentioned in passing, more as a description than a nickname, maybe. The term as a proper nickname though was originally coined for Nangaparbat when 31 people had already died on it without a single successful summit (which came in 1953 by Hermann Buhl). Back then it was thought to be deadlier than K2 itself with a death rate around 77% (pre-90s era)! The term since then has been endorsed and associated with the naked one. Sire K2, on the other hand, have been dubbed "The Savage Mountain" and "The Mountain of Mountains", among many other lesser known/used nicknames.

killer_mountain.jpg

It is indeed beautiful but there are even more beautiful places around Skardu. You must make a plan, preferably in spring or fall, summers get a but too hot there. To me Skardu is the embodiment of the Karakoram; Rugged, barren, harsh and extreme other-worldly beauty. I mean its name literally translates to "meteorite".....how out of this world can you get? The fact that almost every major climbing expedition has to start from there just adds to the cities aura.

Almost forgot! You absolutely must drive the entire length of the Gilgit-Skardu road. That drive cannot be described in all the languages of the world.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom