What's new

Pakistani corner

Can anyone tell me what do we (Pakistanis) means by family?
I thought it is just my parents and sibling before marriage. So i get confused sometimes.

Yara phir kam az kam country flag to Pakistan ka rakhain na. Ye to ghalat baat ha. Hum sab ko apni pehchan py fakhar hona chahea.

I should clear this today. My love for Pakistan can't be expressed and flag doesn't really matter. Plus, when I created this account and followed the step and whatever it asked I followed. Ab change Nahi kar sakty. I have to contact webmaster I think. Main kitna proud hon Pakistani hone pe shayd itna koi Pakistan main reh ke bhi Nahi ho.

Can anyone tell me what do we (Pakistanis) means by family?
I thought it is just my parents and sibling before marriage. So i get confused sometimes.

Well I don't really consider all those relatives my family. Maa dad brothers sisters and sister in laws are the family bus. After marriage too.

1001346-cartoon-1450628481-450-640x480.jpg

I should clear this today. My love for Pakistan can't be expressed and flag doesn't really matter. Plus, when I created this account and followed the step and whatever it asked I followed. Ab change Nahi kar sakty. I have to contact webmaster I think. Main kitna proud hon Pakistani hone pe shayd itna koi Pakistan main reh ke bhi Nahi ho.
It can be done easily @Horus @WebMaster. Just mention there names like this and tell them. They listen to the female members more then they listen to male members:lol:

Well I don't really consider all those relatives my family. Maa dad brothers sisters and sister in laws are the family bus. After marriage too.
Well family as i said is parents and siblings here in USA and then grandparents uncle and aunts are part of extended family but in Pakistan I guess the circle are bigger and that is not necessarily a bad thing one should be sure what is meant by family, because one friend told me that they only marry within the family so i really got confused how come?
After marriage the real family is your spouse and your kids, though your parents and siblings are also family for you but then they are secondary and they extended family for your children like your brother will be chacha (uncle) for them

Well family as i said is parents and siblings here in USA and then grandparents uncle and aunts are part of extended family but in Pakistan I guess the circle are bigger and that is not necessarily a bad thing one should be sure what is meant by family, because one friend told me that they only marry within the family so i really got confused how come?
After marriage the real family is your spouse and your kids, though your parents and siblings are also family for you but then they are secondary and they extended family for your children like your brother will be chacha (uncle) for them

I agree with all this. But we have family forest unlike Americans. :D. No trend is changing in Pakistan and marriages out of family are common now.

actually its the western concept of family, and we all know that family system is in shambles. In Islam the family concept is much larger and deeper, then this limited concept.

Last edited:
Yes I would love to change it & let me tell you. I have ishq with Pakistan. :). Hahahahah yeah Jhoot hai. I even asked to change my name. Koi Nahi suna kisi ne. :D which I don't want to change anymore but want to change the flag.
But really if you want to change your flag, it is not difficult at all, i changed myself since I had UAE flag before as I grew up there and later moved to USA (Though i was born in Des Moines, Iowa, when my father was doing PhD). You just need to go to setting and profile

We have a system of Kumba or Tabburr which includes larger family including aunts, uncles, first cousins, second, third forth cousins etc etc and for it there isnt a suitable word in English that im aware of. Extended family is a very shallow word to describe it.

But really if you want to change your flag, it is not difficult at all, i changed myself since I had UAE flag before as I grew up there and later moved to USA (Though i was born in Des Moines, Iowa, when my father was doing PhD). You just need to go to setting and profile

Ak jagha pe sakoon Nahi? Lol. JK!
How to do it?

Back
Top Bottom