What's new

Pakistani Clothing Brand makes mark at a Mall in England

The boys can survive in our societies its the girls who need someone to help them gain the confidence to reach a level in their life where they are independent and enjoy a respectful confident life. Sadly the whole social system is screwed.

Take a bow Immy.
Absolutely luv you for this.

Take a bow Immy.

Oh how I wish to give you a lecture on why not to bow in front of a human. :D

Absolutely luv you for this.

Thank you. We won't be the first ones and we won't be the last ones ......... nothing new just wish that it happens on a larger scale.

This changes nothing, your species will remain in my enemy list. :stop:

That comes out of respect.

I don't consider it to be an appropriate way of showing respect .............. an act of showing respect could be more honorable, like trying to duplicate the act, a pat on the shoulder, a tight handshake, a hug, a kiss on the forehead etc etc. Humans are equal and when one bows in front of another he breaks that equation. Emperors and kings demanded other humans to bow in front of them, and these emperors and kings were the ones famous for subjugating other humans. A human born free out his / her (them) mother's womb should remain free and equal to similar humans like them.

I don't consider it to be an appropriate way of showing respect .............. an act of showing respect could be more honorable, like trying to duplicate the act, a pat on the shoulder, a tight handshake, a hug, a kiss on the forehead etc etc. Humans are equal and when one bows in front of another he breaks that equation. Emperors and kings demanded other humans to bow in front of them, and these emperors and kings were the ones famous for subjugating other humans. A human born free out his / her (them) mother's womb should remain free and equal to similar humans like them.

Right said. Never got into this cultural feet touching thing of Hindus either.

Quite a many embarrassing moments socially. When everyone around was doing the same.

I either shake hands or if it's a non touchy feely lady, then a polite namaste.

Cheers. And respect.

Right said. Never got into this cultural feet touching thing of Hindus either.

Quite a many embarrassing moments socially. When everyone around was doing the same.

I either shake hands or if it's a non touchy feely lady, then a polite namaste.

Cheers. And respect.

In case of parents well its different for obvious reasons, but in any other case I am not comfortable with idea of touching feet and bowing down.

The act of bowing down in front of other humans ....... was it initially done as an act out of respect and became culture or was it adopted latter from an act that was initially done as an act of submission? Courtiers and commoners bowing down to Kings and queens .......... that showed who is superior and who is inferior.

There is a difference between a human who is both humble and free and a human who is supposed to bow down to show his humbleness to other similar humans. @Levina

In case of parents well its different for obvious reasons, but in any other case I am not comfortable with idea of touching feet and bowing down.

The act of bowing down in front of other humans ....... was it initially done as an act out of respect and became culture or was it adopted latter from an act that was initially done as an act of submission? Courtiers and commoners bowing down to Kings and queens .......... that showed who is superior and who is inferior.

There is a difference between a human who is both humble and free and a human who is supposed to bow down to show his humbleness to other similar humans. @Levina

I know I have only ever kneeled for my creator.

That and when I was punished in school. Which was often.

but in any other case I am not comfortable with idea of touching feet and bowing down.
Wutttt? You don't hug your friends?
Lol
You men are brought up differently. As females we are taught to bow down (in Indian context touch feet).
I'm okay with it as long as the person is elder to me.

Now don't get ideas I wasn't going to touch your feet, just a bow.
That's all you should expect from me. Lolz

That and when I was punished in school. Which was often.

This is not called kneeling but murga :D

Murga_Punishment.jpg

Wutttt? You don't hug your friends?

Why would I bow down to hug someone? :o:

Now don't get ideas I wasn't going to touch your feet, just a bow.
That's all you should expect from me. Lolz

Forget touching my feet (it makes me sit on the ground if someone tries that) in real life its really very uncomfortable, and with growing age it is becoming hard for me to counter a person bowing down in front of me, because my back would stop allowing me to bow down enough so that I am at same level of that individual.

This is not called kneeling but murga :D

Murga_Punishment.jpg

Why would I bow down to hug someone? :o:

Forget touching my feet (it makes me sit on the ground if someone tries that) in real life its really very uncomfortable, and with growing age it is becoming hard for me to counter a person bowing down in front of me, because my back would stop allowing me to bow down enough so that I am at same level of that individual.

No man, Jesuit school. Proper kneel. Red stage. Hot sun.

And admit it, it's not your back that's coming in the way when you bend. Lol

No man, Jesuit school. Proper kneel. Red stage. Hot sun.

Consider yourself lucky ............ one of my Biology teachers in boarding school was boxer (in his prime), he once caught me smiling during the lecture ....... he made me stand up in class and said "G mia bohat muskura rahy hain app, app ko aik kick lagao ga aur app football ki tarah gol gol ghomty huay jay gay" and we would get beaten by hangers, hockey sticks and baton, roll overs on road .......... but it was fun :D

The most beautiful thing about Textile industry is that it can generate a huge employment unlike IT which generates a huge revenue but minimal employment. Sub continent needs employment with money so after agriculture, if there is any sector which can generate huge employment than it is Textiles. Pakistn must make a robust textile policy. That will put money in the hand of her masses. The another area which Pakistan should focus is Agriculture and Animal Husbndary and water conservation.

Some time I think that I will start a thread on How to develop Pakistan very fast and in and comprehensively. I have a lots of Idea and discussion can evolve a beautiful Pakistan specific Model of development.

Thanks.
Despite them being good on quality these brands aren't available or visible in UAE as much as Khaadi.
Poor marketing I guess.
Partially!!
The main thing have been focus on domestic needs. Women here are as crazy as in any other part of the world so most of these Lawn brands are focusing on domestic needs alone.

After meeting my youngest one and spending sometime with us, even the newly married couples think again. He is "Saif The Destroyer" in my home. I am thinking of using his talent to spread awareness about "importance of family planning" :enjoy:. @Arsalan
Got your point :P

We are thinking of adopting an orphan preferably a girl, once he is 5 years old INSHALLAH.
:tup::tup::tup:

@I.R.A @Levina hey why do this threads title mentions clothing and brands and stuff like that? :undecided:

:D

Back
Top Bottom