What's new

Pakistani Clothing Brand makes mark at a Mall in England

hahahah
niii yeh asraat us sa pahly ka haan. I just couldn't help noticing the quality of products all these brands are selling. Have been involved in the supply chain of many of these top brands, met them and looked at there setup or the lack of it. Have reached a conclusion that we are all FOOLS to fall for that marketing and branding. But then again, EVERYONE EVERYWHERE does!! :)

:) agreed. I buy Khaadi Original one for my mom always go for original for her. (quiet expensive as far as the material), but I myself buy a replica of such brands. This is my personal decision

image.jpeg

Khaddi Pakistan and UK havent much price difference.
I went to Khaddi Pakistan and didn;t buy anything because i could get same stuff at almost the same price in UK,so why carry the extra weight.

I think their quality is great. It practically lasts. What brands would you say are good?
Frankly speaking, as i mentioned, i have been involved in the material supply chain for some of the top garment brands in Pakistan like Stone Age, outfitters, engine, Focus, Minnie Minors, a list of a total of 13 brands. I know what ALL of them are buying. I also know that there is absolutely NO production setup of any of them thus no QA and QC!!

If you are talking about Lawn print fabric for women, i will ALWAYS recommend going for some brand that have proper textile production setup. A proper facility with all the QC checks in place, for examples, Nishat Linen comes from NISHAT MILLS, IDEAS is by GulAhmad, Al-Karam and Kohinoor are top mills too offer excellent quality. Quality not only in terms of long lasting but much more importantly, the comfort of wearing it!! There are many others like these. There products at least have a proper team working behind it.

Frankly speaking, as i mentioned, i have been involved in the material supply chain for some of the top garment brands in Pakistan like Stone Age, outfitters, engine, Focus, Minnie Minors, a list of a total of 13 brands. I know what ALL of them are buying. I also know that there is absolutely NO production setup of any of them thus no QA and QC!!

If you are talking about Lawn print fabric for women, i will ALWAYS recommend going for some brand that have proper textile production setup. A proper facility with all the QC checks in place, for examples, Nishat Linen comes from NISHAT MILLS, IDEAS is by GulAhmad, Al-Karam and Kohinoor are top mills too offer excellent quality. Quality not only in terms of long lasting but much more importantly, the comfort of wearing it!! There are many others like these. There products at least have a proper team working behind it.

How about kids' brands? The ones you mentioned that have QC in place are not very much into kids clothing and J. is it also in the first category?

How about kids' brands? The ones you mentioned that have QC in place are not very much into kids clothing and J. is it also in the first category?
Never worked with them so i am not sure what is there production base.
Minnie Minors is one Kids brand that i know about and that is is the same category.

I've brought many outfits from the mentioned brands. They are really good.

I've brought many outfits from the mentioned brands. They are really good.
As i said, perhaps it is me being involved in the supply chain who is a bit too critical. I cannot recall one single inquire of FRESH FABRIC from ANY of these brands. All they take are left overs and even B-grades and make the product from that. Yes they are always looking for these left overs and B's of Export Quality denim and knits so the end product properties will match those. However being involved in the supply of those left overs, the 3000 Rs jeans always looks like a pant made out of 150 Rs per meter left over fabric. :P
Now lets not discuss all those business secrets here, not good for anyone involved. :)

Actually, Khadi is that hand loom/machine that was used to make the fabric before all these high speed electrical machines took over. The fabric woven on that is sometimes refered to as Khadi fabric.

The brand (the Pakistani one) is just named Khadi but do not have any connection to hand looms.

As i said, perhaps it is me being involved in the supply chain who is a bit too critical. I cannot recall one single inquire of FRESH FABRIC from ANY of these brands. All they take are left overs and even B-grades and make the product from that. Yes they are always looking for these left overs and B's of Export Quality denim and knits so the end product properties will match those. However being involved in the supply of those left overs, the 3000 Rs jeans always looks like a pant made out of 150 Rs per meter left over fabric. :P
Now lets not discuss all those business secrets here, not good for anyone involved. :)

Actually, Khadi is that hand loom/machine that was used to make the fabric before all these high speed electrical machines took over. The fabric woven on that is sometimes refered to as Khadi fabric.

The brand (the Pakistani one) is just named Khadi but do not have any connection to hand looms.

Name me realllllyyyyy good brands ?

Its the design that you pay for not the quality of fabric, no matter who you buy after two washes walmart and Polo look the same
No, I don't think walmart, Polo are the same, the material is very important, to make long story short, Polo stay the same wash after wash. As from personal experience, I am very happy to buy cloth make from Pakistan, but every time I was disappointed; the darker color runs when wash it. the thermal cloth for man, become very large in size after wash.... so on and so on. Please check with your friend in China, learn how they test the clothes before it got exported to other country.

Name me realllllyyyyy good brands ?
From Pakistan? If you are looking for designs, i guess the ones in ladies clothing are putting in a decent effort to keep up with the latest trends. Usually the ladies are looking for that anyway as they wont want to wear the same clothes to different occasions, quality is not a prime concern. However if for you the quality is same thing as it is for me, that is the COMFORT of wearing that garment, i did mentioned a few manufacturers and brands with excellent prodcution setup. Names like Nishat Linen, Al-Karam, Idea etc wont let you down on that quality part.

For men category, i think J. Al-Karam, Kohinoor, Gul Ahmad are producing some of the finest fabrics.

For garments, to be honest, i am not aware of any brand with a sound base from where they are working from. However, as i mentioned, YES they are buying EXPORT QUALITY (the top notch) fabric left overs and then get them stitched from private contractors (some of the stitching units have employed stitchers who are working for international brands like Levis etc, they work in a mill in day and in second shift they work with these private contractors stitching your stone age and outfitters and Engine etc. I am not too hapy with them because i know the actual price of the product, a pant made from 1.65 meter of fabric that was bought as 140-160 RS per meter left over is being sold at 3000 Rs, SURELY KNOWING ALL THIS WILL MAKE YOU think if it actually is worth it. However if you are not that much involved in this all and do not know what happens back stage, all these brands will work for you since the fabric they are buying is same that is being originally made for Levis or Mustang or Tommy or Diesel or Guess or Ralph Lauren or Adidas Or Hugo Boss or Michael Kors and all those other top brands. :)

If you are talking international, Levis is the brand to go for in denims. They are currently employing 27 testing protocols on there denims before a lot is stamped PASSED!! That is A LOT!!! No compromise on quality there. The cuts and fit is excellent too. I am not sure if designer jeans will give you that much well worked quality!! In T Shirts, anything from Nike, Zara, Levis, Ralph Lauren is almost a guarantee of quality wear. For denims, look for made in Pakistan. For tops, China and Bangladesh will do (i wont say better as i am a PAKISTANI and am directly involved in textile industry :P )

Last edited:
No, I don't think walmart, Polo are the same, the material is very important, to make long story short, Polo stay the same wash after wash. As from personal experience, I am very happy to buy cloth make from Pakistan, but every time I was disappointed; the darker color runs when wash it. the thermal cloth for man, become very large in size after wash.... so on and so on. Please check with your friend in China, learn how they test the clothes before it got exported to other country.

first you say Walmart brand is not good then you say Pakistan should learn to make clothing from China, the one who supplies to Walmart.

Back
Top Bottom