What's new

Pakistani Christian Television Channel named “Gawahi” was set on fire

Anees

Reaction score
gawahi.jpg

Karachi: November 25, 2015. (PCP) A Pakistani Christian Television Channel named “Gawahi” was set on fire by some masked men destroying studios, computers, Bibles, cable network equipment and furniture on night of November 24, 2015.

The Gawahi Television was broadcasting Bible teachings, Hymns, Sermons and Christian youth evangelism attracting millions of viewers on which it was under constant threat by Muslim radicals which were brought in notice of Karachi administration.

The Gawahi TV Channel building was located in South District of Karachi in an area where Christians are living in large number surrounded by Muslim majority.

To enter in populous Christian locality and burnt down building of Gawahi TV Station points out that culprits were trained who picked their target in middle of night on 2;30 am on November 24, 2015, and destroyed it.

As military operation is going on in Karachi and in presence of Pakistan Rangers and police in city setting on fire Christian Television building proves that Christian life and property ‘No Matters” for any law enforcement agency.

As PCP is filing this story, not any officer from Pakistan Rangers or Police have visited burnt down Gawahi TV building nor any culprit is arrested involved in incident.

Dr. Nazir S Bhatti, President of Pakistan Christian Congress PCC have strongly condemned setting on fire the building of Gawahi TV Channel and demanded arrest of culprits involved in sad incident.

“It is surprising that Pakistani Electronic media owned by Muslims have again not bothered to cover setting on fire incident of Gawahi TV when minor issues are taken as breaking news by it” said Nazir Bhatti
- See more at: Pakistan Christian Post

Pakistan Christian Post

PAKISTAN Karachi, masked men set Christian television station on fire - Asia News

Kinda stupid to run a Christian channel in Pakistan. .They blow and burn churches and temples down, burn Christian villages and Christian folks based on rumors.

At least they did not kill the channel staff.

attracting millions of viewers

@Zibago Which channel is this? Which attracts millions of viewers and I am hearing its name for the first time?

By the way this news coming from chaddiz is highly dubious but still have you ever heard of this channel? My Christian colleagues also want to know why they have not heard of this channel

Look like Introlence is everywhere ???

its not good to be minority in any country .... :undecided:

@Zibago Which channel is this? Which attracts millions of viewers and I am hearing its name for the first time?

By the way this news coming from chaddiz is highly dubious but still have you ever heard of this channel? My Christian colleagues also want to know why they have not heard of this channel
I have seen some christian channels in lahore but i am pretty sure there name wasnt gawahi i think its a karachi based channel

lol, propagandistic sources of christian missionary websites who openly declare their mission to convert as many Muslims to christianity as possible in Pakistan?

Bring some unbiased source.

And isn't Pakistan an Islamic country and hence propagation of other religions in prohibited? So why the f*ck they were operating Christianity-spreading news channels in Pakistan to convert Muslims to Christianity? isn't it illegal?

lol, propagandistic sources of christian missionary websites who openly declare their mission to convert as many Muslims to christianity as possible in Pakistan?

And isn't Pakistan an Islamic country and hence propagation of other religions in prohibited? So why the f*ck they were operating Christianity-spreading news channels in Pakistan to convert Muslims to Christianity? isn't it illegal?

then y ur running and what doing in US ???

Ur comment spreading introlence ..

Christian web TV office destroyed in fire

November 26, 2015 @ 1:16 PM

by Web Desk

Published in Pakistan

Be the first to comment!
KARACHI: The office of a web TV channel of Christian community was destroyed in a ‘mysterious’ fire on Wednesday.

The channel Gawahi, located in a residential building in Akhtar Colony, used to air religious programmes.

Channel’s director alleged that it was an act of foul play, however police say the fire was caused by a electricity short circuit.

image.jpg

Police said fire brigade officials also cited shor circuit as cause of the fire. The channel director has submitted an application to police, demanding inquiry in the incident.

image.jpg

Police will begin probe by acquiring footage of CCTVs installed at a nearby church to ascertain the possibility of any sabotage.

Christian web TV office destroyed in fire -

what else do we expect from a country like pakistan?

I don't see much outrage amongst our Pakistani brethren - usually they are the first ones to come out on streets against any insults to faith, real or imagined. I remember seeing pictures of large mobs baying for blood on the issue of Danish cartoons, or when that movie called 'Innocence of Muslims' was put up on Youtube. Dear Pakistani friends, please show your tolerance and respect for other faiths by coming out on the streets in similar numbers calling for punishment to criminals who have committed arson and blasphemy right in your midst, giving you all a bad name.

If you don't/can't do that, please don't expect the rest of the world to be sensitive to your beliefs either. Selective outrage may work a couple of times, but the world wises up over time. You want the world to 'respect' your beliefs - the kind of respect your country doesn't seem to accord to the beliefs of other faiths.

Back
Top Bottom