What's new

Pakistani Actor Fawad Khan on Bollywood Debut: Art Travels Across Borders

Bengali you got offended for no reason at all, no need to insult. Keep PDF clean, anyway here is proof of Arjun being Punjabi, please no need to be offended.

"Arjun Rampal, born to a Dutch mother, Gwen and Punjabi father, Amarjeet Rampal, is from the humble town of Jabalpur and went to Delhi to complete his education."

Arjun Rampal - Biography - IMDb

He himself have said that he is Punjabi.

Sanju : arjun are you a punjabi?
Arjun Rampal : yes im punjabi... thvade ki halchaal

Read more at: Arjun Rampal chats with his fans... - Oneindia Entertainment

When you're right, you're right...I concede...

All I can say in my defense is Ramphal is a common name found in the areas of Bihar and UP...this seems like an anomaly, but Im man enought to admit when Im wrong!

But my other points stand, as do my comments on your general understanding of most things...

Also, I underestimated how much of a bollywood fan you are!!! Kudos...

His mother was parsi/persian, explain the looks.

And his father is a Keralite!
What does Parsi have to do with good looks???

Arjun Ramphal is as Bihari as they come!!! Ramphal is probably the most Bihari name one can get..!
@save_ghenda

Bro,Arjun Ramphal is a Punjabi & not a Bihari.National Award winner actor Arjun Rampal’s father belongs to the Ramgarhia community. He was born in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh. His father is Amarjeet Rampal, a Punjabi Sikh, while his mother, Gwen Rampal is of Dutch and Punjabi Sikh descent.
Both of Arjun’s grandparents were in the Indian Army. Arjun’s maternal grandmother was Dutch, while his grandfather, Brigadier Gurdayal Singh, an Indian, was a reputed army engineer who had fought against the Japanese, in Burma, during World War II. The GCF factory in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh has the ‘Gurdayal Gun’ an artillery gun named after the Brigadier, since he had designed it.Arjun Rampal Family Pics with Cousin Kim Sharma, Wife Mehr Jesia and Mother Gwen Rampal

He is also the cousin of Kim sharma
arjun-rampal-with-cousin.jpg

@save_ghenda

Bro,Arjun Ramphal is a Punjabi & not a Bihari.National Award winner actor Arjun Rampal’s father belongs to the Ramgarhia community. He was born in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh. His father is Amarjeet Rampal, a Punjabi Sikh, while his mother, Gwen Rampal is of Dutch and Punjabi Sikh descent.
Both of Arjun’s grandparents were in the Indian Army. Arjun’s maternal grandmother was Dutch, while his grandfather, Brigadier Gurdayal Singh, an Indian, was a reputed army engineer who had fought against the Japanese, in Burma, during World War II. The GCF factory in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh has the ‘Gurdayal Gun’ an artillery gun named after the Brigadier, since he had designed it.Arjun Rampal Family Pics with Cousin Kim Sharma, Wife Mehr Jesia and Mother Gwen Rampal

He is also the cousin of Kim sharma
View attachment 40179

Yep...I took back what I said..check post above..
Having met Ramphals from Guyana of Bihari/ UP origin, it seemed obvious from the last name..
Ramphal is probably a last name like Gupta and chaudhry which can have origins from various places in india

What is stopping the Pakistanis to use their talented Punjabi-Pashtun to revive Pakistani film industry. Why Pakistani actors need to make debut in Indian movies( all of them mostly flop) instead of their own film industry. And their Urdu sounds like some wannabe angrez dude speaking Urdu and lacks the desi touch we are used to. @save_ghenda please distribute some wisdom to us. :lol::lol::lol:

I mean building a film industry is no joke...
Just because you "think" you look good and think you can act doesn't mean its close to reality...
And actors alone dont make the film industry...there is a ton of infrastucture and supporting talent that goes into a successful film industry..

Pakistan has never had a Baba Phalke like pioneer to get the industry going.

For most Pakistanis on PDF and a lot of Indians, Fair skin = good looks at least based on the comments...

I mean building a film industry is no joke...
Just because you "think" you look good and think you can act doesn't mean its close to reality...
And actors alone dont make the film industry...there is a ton of infrastucture and supporting talent that goes into a successful film industry..

Pakistan has never had a Baba Phalke like pioneer to get the industry going.

For most Pakistanis on PDF and a lot of Indians, Fair skin = good looks at least based on the comments...

There are lots of reason for failure of Pakistani film industry. First was partition since Punjabi Hindus controlled the Lahore's film industry and they owned most of the film studios. Tt came as a great onslaught for Pakistan's film industry as all of migrated to India although partition also ruined their film career in Lahore and they had to start all again from scratch, one of them was Pran Sikand who was a hit actor of Punjabi movies before partition and restart his career as villain in bollywood after hardship. The new Pakistan government saw film industry as threat to their culture and never promoted it, also the government crackdowned the film industry due to the propagation of leftist views. But the ultimate onslaught was by Ziaul Haq. Pakistani movie actors are equivalent to b and c grade movie actors in India. how much they sooth about fair skin or Pathan-Pashtun talent, we all know why they are doing so. :lol::lol:

There are lots of reason for failure of Pakistani film industry. First was partition since Punjabi Hindus controlled the Lahore's film industry and they owned most of the film studios. Tt came as a great onslaught for Pakistan's film industry as all of migrated to India although partition also ruined their film career in Lahore and they had to start all again from scratch, one of them was Pran Sikand who was a hit actor of Punjabi movies before partition and restart his career as villain in bollywood after hardship. The new Pakistan government saw film industry as threat to their culture and never promoted it, also the government crackdowned the film industry due to the propagation of leftist views. But the ultimate onslaught was by Ziaul Haq. Pakistani movie actors are equivalent to b and c grade movie actors in India. how much they sooth about fair skin or Pathan-Pashtun talent, we all know why they are doing so. :lol::lol:

Nice and comfortable prejudices. You can not find one movie like Heer Ranjha or Maula Jatt. You can not find one actor like Munawwar Zareef, or Muhammad Ali, or Agha Talish, or Afzaal Ahmad.

Restrictions during Zia era did not affect the movies or dramas. Pakistani actors were adept at communicating with dialogue deliver, facial expressions - all the non-glittery methods. When in late 80s Indian TV began showing dramas via Amritsar, they were made along the lines of really bad movies. One could hardly watch them with family.

Restriction on Dramas and movies meant that we could watch them with our families. There was value in that. Even now, one can watch most Pakistani dramas as family entertainment.

Any way, I am not expert and neither do I wish to continue in this thread. I just thought that I would provide a much-needed counter-point and perhaps have you reconsider your prejudice.

Your insecure soul never stop amusing us. You consider heera mundi dancers and tamash been uncles as representative of our industry. Its like saying that mallu reshma represent mallu industry. Go watch our dramas and observe what is natural acting and natural beauty in simplicity and compare their look with your indian actress use 10 layers of make up just to look fair. Please stop using these emotions :lol::lol: at the end of each posts. You use them even if someone throw insult at you which seem weird :D

Your insecure soul never stop amusing us. You consider heera mundi dancers and tamash been uncles as representative of our industry. Its like saying that mallu reshma represent mallu industry. Go watch our dramas and observe what is natural acting and natural beauty in simplicity and compare their look with your indian actress use 10 layers of make up just to look fair. Please stop using these emotions :lol::lol: at the end of each posts. You use them even if someone throw insult at you which seem weird :D

How I am insecure and I am indeed one of those who has watched your movies. :lol::lol::lol: Mammoty and Mohanlal represents Malayalam movies, nobody in India is confused about Malayalam movies because there movies always make into National Awards. ;)

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom