What's new

Pakistan working on military robots

Yet another massively overhyped piece if you ask me. Where is the expertise coming from? Pakistani universities? I don't think so

You are unaware of the fact that Many Pakistani Universities have already Made Robots (Not like Japanese ones but Good enough For Pakistan).

By the way Have you checked this thread ?

http://www.defence.pk/forums/econom...rsity-students-develop-robots.html#post291648

This was Just Sindh University, Many Other Much Advanced Universities are there in Pakistan.

always underestimating us pakistanis. isnt it??? and then gettin shocked when we come up with something which they never expected we were capable of.. lolllll

Here is one of the Iranian Military robots its no big deal compare to whats happening in Sharif Institute of Technology or Elm-o Sana'at or... (These are the name of the Iranian universities). but..., Its stealth and able to carry around 8 to 20 Kg (HE), if any humanoid go anywhere near it, Its spreading biochemical hormone in the water so male and female fishes covering for it! Its also able to send the high-quality pictures and videos online to the operator.

Here is the picture.

01846299fd9b7c9a4752613ee09732bf.jpg

Here is one of the Iranian Military robots its no big deal compare to whats happening in Sharif Institute of Technology or Elm-o Sana'at or... (These are the name of the Iranian universities). but..., Its stealth and able to carry around 8 to 20 Kg (HE), if any humanoid go anywhere near it, Its spreading biochemical hormone in the water so male and female fishes covering for it! Its also able to send the high-quality pictures and videos online to the operator.

Here is the picture.

u r serving ur country well by lettin us know the achievements iran have made or is making.
thanks

Here is the picture.

Hey Buddy Kudos to you.. you are a great ambassador of Iran Like I mention before keep up the good-work and keep us posted

You have no idea of the system over in pakistan so your comment is not realistic.

First of all, there are "some" good universities in pakistan and you only need some good people to develop all this sort of stuff. NUST, GIKI, LUMS are all quite good universities that produce a decent batch of graduates every year and if you pick amongst them, give them time and money, you have quite an efficient manpower. Maybe not matching MIT and Berkely, but believe me they can do quite a bit of stuff.

Expertise also comes from training courses these guys attend and experience over time. Lots of foreign qualified pakistani students also get jobs in these institutions because they have a good environment and supplement with good pays.

A food for thought...where did the expertise come from to build the Nukes? or the Shaheen missiles? or the cruise missiles?

Yes, I know the standard of research in Pakistan. It is not sufficient to build the kind of robots we are talking about.

You are unaware of the fact that Many Pakistani Universities have already Made Robots (Not like Japanese ones but Good enough For Pakistan).

By the way Have you checked this thread ?

http://www.defence.pk/forums/econom...rsity-students-develop-robots.html#post291648

This was Just Sindh University, Many Other Much Advanced Universities are there in Pakistan.

I have, and the robots shown in the picture are nothing new. They are built by mechanical engineering students in almost every university on earth.

always underestimating us pakistanis. isnt it??? and then gettin shocked when we come up with something which they never expected we were capable of.. lolllll

Whatever.

Yes. I don't care what you think. The answer is yes.

We'll see when said robots see the light of day.

You think Indian students are smarter then Pakistani students?
Show some respect, and drop the "Pakistanis are inferior to Indians complex".

I didn't even mention students. You seem to be suffering from a reverse complex that all Indians consider Pakistanis as inferior.

Yes, I know the standard of research in Pakistan. It is not sufficient to build the kind of robots we are talking about.

I have, and the robots shown in the picture are nothing new. They are built by mechanical engineering students in almost every university on earth.

Whatever.

We'll see when said robots see the light of day.

I didn't even mention students. You seem to be suffering from a reverse complex that all Indians consider Pakistanis as inferior.

Pakistanis educational institutions do manage to produce the human resources with the necessary expertise, though I woudl still argue that the number could be much larger, and should be much larger for even greater leaps in science and technology in Pakistan.

You don't have to wait for a military robot to be produced to see that, its evident from the R&D being conducted in Pakistan's military complex and the products it has managed to produce.

Pakistanis educational institutions do manage to produce the human resources with the necessary expertise, though I woudl still argue that the number could be much larger, and should be much larger for even greater leaps in science and technology in Pakistan.

You don't have to wait for a military robot to be produced to see that, its evident from the R&D being conducted in Pakistan's military complex and the products it has managed to produce.

But surely, the "next generation of revolutionary military robots" is far-fetched?

If anything, the Japanese are the masters of robotics. I don't see anything in Pakistan which is even close to the cutting-edge research in the field being done in other parts of the world.

But surely, the "next generation of revolutionary military robots" is far-fetched?

If anything, the Japanese are the masters of robotics. I don't see anything in Pakistan which is even close to the cutting-edge research in the field being done in other parts of the world.

Most high tech R&D in Pakistan is in the military sector - and given the traditionally secretive nature of the institution, I doubt we'll get a lot of information on any such projects until someone leaks it or the institutions decide to share it.

Most high tech R&D in Pakistan is in the military sector - and given the traditionally secretive nature of the institution, I doubt we'll get a lot of information on any such projects until someone leaks it or the institutions decide to share it.

So basically, there is no information in the public domain about these allegedly cutting-edge military robots?

What are these robots supposed to do? Are they aerial or terrestrial? What roles do they perform?

So basically, there is no information in the public domain about these allegedly cutting-edge military robots?

What are these robots supposed to do? Are they aerial or terrestrial? What roles do they perform?

Errr, if the R&D was secretive, how could I answer those questions?

The Babur and Raad programs come to mind here - no one had any clue Pakistan was working on either cruise missile program, until they were publicly tested. Most of the other information about Pakistan's R&D programs is pieced together from 'inside sources', interviews by the Chiefs or other officials, and reports such as the one starting this thread.

The info will likely be made available when a certain level of success is achieved.

Yes, I'm eagerly awaiting the public info. I'll eat my shoes if its anything like the "half-man-half-robot" deal being discussed in the article.

If anything, the author should be mentioning European countries and Singapore which are far ahead of any south asian country in terms of automation in the military.

If you read the article carefully ,The mention of Iran, China and Pakistan is more a political statement than an indicator of any kind of technological prowess of the kind that is seen in the USA. A scaremongering tactic.

Errr, if the R&D was secretive, how could I answer those questions?

The Babur and Raad programs come to mind here - no one had any clue Pakistan was working on either cruise missile program, until they were publicly tested. Most of the other information about Pakistan's R&D programs is pieced together from 'inside sources', interviews by the Chiefs or other officials, and reports such as the one starting this thread.

The info will likely be made available when a certain level of success is achieved.

Yes, I'm eagerly awaiting the public info. I'll eat my shoes if its anything like the "half-man-half-robot" deal being discussed in the article.

If anything, the author should be mentioning European countries and Singapore which are far ahead of any south asian country in terms of automation in the military.

If you read the article carefully ,The mention of Iran, China and Pakistan is more a political statement than an indicator of any kind of technological prowess of the kind that is seen in the USA. A scaremongering tactic.

well guys I dont know about Pakistan, but Iran surely is doing good in this technology. Following is an article which i read an year ago.....
In 2003, administrators at Stanford University's Electrical Engineering Department were startled when a group of foreign students aced the notoriously difficult Ph.D. entrance exam, getting some of the highest scores ever. That the whiz kids weren't American wasn't odd; students from Asia and elsewhere excel in U.S. programs. The surprising thing, say Stanford administrators, is that the majority came from one country and one school: Sharif University of Science and Technology in Iran.

Stanford has become a favorite destination of Sharif grads. Bruce A. Wooley, a former chair of the Electrical Engineering Department, has said that's because Sharif now has one of the best undergraduate electrical-engineering programs in the world. That's no small praise given its competition: MIT, Caltech and Stanford in the United States, Tsinghua in China and Cambridge in Britain.

Sharif's reputation highlights how while Iran makes headlines for President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's incendiary remarks and its nuclear showdown with the United States, Iranian students are developing an international reputation as science superstars. Stanford's administrators aren't the only ones to notice. Universities across Canada and Australia, where visa restrictions are lower, report a big boom in the Iranian recruits; Canada has seen its total number of Iranian students grow 240 percent since 1985, while Australian press reports point to a fivefold increase over the past five years, to nearly 1,500.

Iranian students from Sharif and other top schools, such as the University of Tehran and the Isfahan University of Technology, have also become major players in the international Science Olympics, taking home trophies in physics, mathematics, chemistry and robotics. As a testament to this newfound success, the Iranian city of Isfahan recently hosted the International Physics Olympiad—an honor no other Middle Eastern country has enjoyed. That's because none of Iran's neighbors can match the quality of its scholars.

Never far behind, Western tech companies have also started snatching them up. Silicon Valley companies from Google to Yahoo now employ hundreds of Iranian grads, as do research institutes throughout the West. Olympiad winners are especially attractive; according to the Iranian press, up to 90 percent of them now leave the country for graduate school or work abroad.

So what explains Iran's record, and that of Sharif in particular? The country suffers from many serious ills, such as chronic inflation, stagnant wages and an anemic private sector, thanks to poor economic management and a weak regulatory environment. University professors barely make ends meet—the pay is so bad some must even take second jobs as taxi drivers or petty traders. International sanctions also make life difficult, delaying the importation of scientific equipment, for example, and increasing isolation. Until recently, Iranians were banned from publishing in the journals of the Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), the industry's key international professional association. They also face the indignity of often having their visa applications refused when they try to attend conferences in the West.

My advice to pakistani student who want to go abroad for engineering......Your destination should be Iran now....much cheaper, Islamic country.....and one of the best institute....:pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom