What's new

Pakistan wipes out half of Quetta Shura

Hmmm Pakistan never said there is no link between TTP and Afghan Taliban.

There is no Quetta Shura... How many of these people were caught from Quetta? Zero. Quetta Shura is just a marketing brand name being liberally used for Afghan Taliban because the term was initially propped up.

I know Asim You are who maintains that both are harmful to pakistan but if u go through the hundreds of pages on PDF lot of members maintain that there is good and bad taliban and some and real and fake stuff as well.

And about QS i dont have any way to prove anything this way or that but anyways getting rid of these medieval scums is good for all of us

I know Asim You are who maintains that both are harmful to pakistan but if u go through the hundreds of pages on PDF lot of members maintain that there is good and bad taliban and some and real and fake stuff as well.

And about QS i dont have any way to prove anything this way or that but anyways getting rid of these medieval scums is good for all of us
And how many of those people who maintain the Good/bad Taliban distinction are Mullahish? I would be lying if Pakistan never considered using the Afghan Taliban for its own good after the war, but thats more out of necessity rather than agreement that anything the Taliban would do would be "Good".

And how many of those people who maintain the Good/bad Taliban distinction are Mullahish? I would be lying if Pakistan never considered using the Afghan Taliban for its own good after the war, but thats more out of necessity rather than agreement that anything the Taliban would do would be "Good".

Now that's what I expect from a senior a prudent perspective. Now when this has been agreed they are not so good why not kiss there ***** from all angles and get rid of them completely, All those Haqqani etc:sniper:

Good news i sure hope that all these cowards die and go to hell may death come to these bastards .

Now that's what I expect from a senior a prudent perspective. Now when this has been agreed they are not so good why not kiss there ***** from all angles and get rid of them completely, All those Haqqani etc:sniper:
The all out attack strategy is something that Kayani doesn't favor. Hes more of cook one dish at a time type of guy... It has worked for him. I'm sure EVERYONES number will come. He is just not the type of guy who would promote working with proxies.

Haqqanis are anyway suppressed with regular drone attacks that Pakistan has permitted itself. The more active groups like TTP were being attacked and have been largely dismantled. Nowadays the objectives are to weaken the administrative powers of the Taliban, the people that give guidance, direction and funds.

North Waziristan would probably be the final offensive - will probably begin in the summer.

The all out attack strategy is something that Kayani doesn't favor. Hes more of cook one dish at a time type of guy... It has worked for him. I'm sure EVERYONES number will come. He is just not the type of guy who would promote working with proxies.

Haqqanis are anyway suppressed with regular drone attacks that Pakistan has permitted itself. The more active groups like TTP were being attacked and have been largely dismantled. Nowadays the objectives are to weaken the administrative powers of the Taliban, the people that give guidance, direction and funds.

North Waziristan would probably be the final offensive - will probably begin in the summer.

If what you are saying comes true it will go long way in stabilizing the region and State of Pakistan. Pakistan will definitely earn a lot of diplomatic points and if Pakistan is able to keep a tab on groups which are active in disturbing India it will be a great start for Ind-Pakistan relations. Definitely great CBM.

Guess what we can also have a PDF SHURA meeting in Islamabad with PDF members in India and Pakistan discussing our issues.:smitten:

Goes to show they were protected before the policy shift.

Successive Governments imply their policies of the day as they deem fit or what becomes necessity, just like say India sent it's army into Sri Lanka, today it probably wouldn't resort to such a misadventure directly. Similarly, Pakistan would have executed it's foreign policy as accordingly.
BTW, what Asim said was, is just a figure of speech, in the same context as you would say, go to hell, which in reality means zulch.

Goes to show they were protected before the policy shift.

not protected. but they werent our priority as we had to deal with a more greater security threat of TTP. once that got defeated, we could divert our resources towards other issues of secondary interest.

Hmmm Pakistan never said there is no link between TTP and Afghan Taliban.

There is no Quetta Shura... How many of these people were caught from Quetta? Zero. Quetta Shura is just a marketing brand name being liberally used for Afghan Taliban because the term was initially propped up.

First of all great news that GOP / PA has decided to go after the mofos, be it one at a time or at one go. The policy shift is definitely a welcome move and as Kumar_V1.0 has pointed out, its going to go a long way in bringing in peace to Pakistan in particular and the entire SA in general.

Now that it has been agreed that TTP and AT are hand in hand, I open my same old query once again,

>>> TTP allies of AT
>>> GOI enemies of AT (confirmed by the recent attack on Indian citizens by AT fraction)
>>> How the hell TTP becomes both AT ally and GOI proxy??? Which one is it? Make up your mind. I'm not asking for any proof, just asking to make up your mind friends.

First of all great news that GOP / PA has decided to go after the mofos, be it one at a time or at one go. The policy shift is definitely a welcome move and as Kumar_V1.0 has pointed out, its going to go a long way in bringing in peace to Pakistan in particular and the entire SA in general.

Now that it has been agreed that TTP and AT are hand in hand, I open my same old query once again,

>>> TTP allies of AT
>>> GOI enemies of AT (confirmed by the recent attack on Indian citizens by AT fraction)
>>> How the hell TTP becomes both AT ally and GOI proxy??? Which one is it? Make up your mind. I'm not asking for any proof, just asking to make up your mind friends.
Thats a whole new debate. But basically its theorized that factions of Taliban are involved with India. You can take this to another thread.

A time to smile, i am thinking of how bleak things seemed just 6 months ago when every morning it seemed i logged in to read the news of pakistan to find it was another bombing more dead and no end in sight.
Now each time it is another arrest or another victory by the army. My congratulations to all those that have worked so hard and sacrificed so much to bring this about.

ASIA PACIFIC
Date Posted: 03-Mar-2010

Jane's Defence Weekly

Pakistan arrests take high toll on Taliban

Farhan Bokhari JDW Correspondent - Islamabad

Pakistan's arrest of Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar and other high profile Taliban militants last month "has practically wiped out half of the Afghan Taliban's top leadership", according to a Pakistani security official.

On 26 February, documents submitted to the High Court of the Punjab in Lahore named the four other key Taliban militants as Mullah Abdus Salaam, Mullah Kabir, Mullah Mohammad and Mullah Amir Muawiya. Additionally, Pakistani security officials said another four or five militants from the top 'shura' or 18 member leadership council of the Taliban had also been arrested, but declined to name them.

"Taken together, we have nabbed about half the Taliban shura," said the Pakistani security official, who spoke to Jane's on condition of anonymity.

While the arrests are evidence of a significant victory for Pakistan's campaign to target Taliban militants, the Punjab high court on 26 February, responding to a private petition, stopped the Pakistani government from handing over any of the arrested Taliban to a foreign country. The case will be heard further on 15 March.

The petitioner of the case, Khalid Khawaja, who has campaigned against Pakistan's support to the United States (US)-led campaign on terror, described the court's decision as an important milestone for his cause. "The court has to hear this case further. But I am convinced, this decision is recognition of my point of view. We can't blindly hand over people to the US or Afghanistan or any other country," he said.

The court decision came a day after the office of Afghan President Hamid Karzai announced in Kabul that there had been an agreement with Pakistan for Baradar to be handed over to the Afghan authorities. Pakistani officials had said that handing over of Baradar to Afghanistan would have provided direct access to the CIA and the US military to interrogate him.

On 3 March, a western defence official based in Islamabad said that the events of late February and early March have highlighted Pakistan's position as a facilitator in US-led efforts to clamp down on Taliban and Al-Qaeda militants, although Islamabad can also be seen as a source of hindrance.

"Many Islamic militants will remain out of reach for the US and NATO unless Pakistan co-operates. But Pakistan also has a strong body of anti-US opinion. It is also a country with a judicial system and a functioning parliament where there are voices opposed to the US," said the western defence official, speaking to Jane's on condition of anonymity.

"Pakistan's co-operation can simply not be taken for granted in the light of all of these factors," the official concluded.

pakistan has its own interests and we have to protect our interests at any cost and one thing is more we are not bound to answerable to any one
:coffee:

congratz pak..remove completely Taliban/militancy ,,lets develop a wealthy south asia

Mullah Omar’s son-in-law held from Karachi

* Former Afghan PM Motasim Agha Jan arrested from house in Ahsanabad area
* Afghan Taliban spokesman denies arrest

By Faraz Khan

KARACHI: Taliban supreme leader Mullah Omar’s son-in-law – who was ranked seventh in terms of seniority in the Taliban Shura hierarchy – has been arrested in a raid conducted in Karachi.

Sources said that Motasim Agha Jan – Mullah Omar’s son-in-law – was arrested from a house in Ahsanabad area late on Wednesday night. They said while “some aides” accompanied Jan at all times, he was alone in the house at the time of the raid. Citing two intelligence officials, the AP news agency confirmed Jan’s arrest.

Meanwhile, Afghan Taliban spokesman Qari Yousef Ahmadi denied Jan had been arrested. The sources said Jan had held various important Taliban posts after the end of the Cold War. They said he held the office of prime minister during the Taliban regime in Afghanistan. They said he was the seventh most senior leader of the Taliban Shura.

Jan’s capture marks the third major scalp for Pakistani security forces in a crackdown on the Taliban leadership. The latest success follows the arrests, also in Karachi, of Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar – the Taliban military commander – and Mullah Omar’s former spokesman Syed Tayyab Agha. Three other “top-ranked al Qaeda members” were also arrested along with Baradar.

The arrests have been hailed by US officials and several analysts as a major blow to the Taliban in Afghanistan, although they caution that the group has rebounded from the death or detention of previous leaders. There had been speculation that Mohtasim was in the running to replace Baradar.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Back
Top Bottom