What's new

Pakistan wins it's first OSCAR award!

why the fuckking hype,dude get over it

director: american
topic: bad bad pakistan

WTF???

The answer is open to question, it's not easy to read the minds of some Pakistani's but I would suggest they don't understand how Hollywood uses and abuses for the interests of American imperialism.

The oscars are not independent world awards but American awards. This award was given as reward for painting the enemies of the Americans who are doing pretty well as 'evil'. The female Pakistani who has won this award has made a film against the Taliban ,that's what the oscar was really given for. Acid attacks have been given plenty of publicity in the past, she didn't bring anything new to the table.

Any true patriotic Pakistani would have used the platform to protest agaisnt the inhumane drone attacks which continue to kill women and children.

I just don't understand the Oscar hype..its just like the Filmfare award in India. They only acknowledge the achievement of Hollywood films.

Congrats for Pakistan for winning an Oscar award!

Great news. Unfortunately the movies & documentaries of India , Pakistan and other Asian & African countries that win awards are mostly about social evils & poverty.

It's cause Westerners like to view other countries as barbaric places in contrast to the "civilized west".

Thus, while I congratulate Pakistan on winning this Oscar, I think the Oscars and other similar film awards are extremely culturally biased.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

why the fuckking hype,dude get over it

director: american
topic: bad bad pakistan

WTF???

Looks like it's Slumdog Millionaire all over again. This time with Pakistan instead of India.

Looks like it's Slumdog Millionaire all over again. This time with Pakistan instead of India.

These is a difference. slumdog is an uplifting movie while this is a grim documentary. This doc has been awarded oscar because the judges felt like it is an important issue and has to be exposed to the world.

By the way, this is AR Rahman's theme for the award ceremony which he performed live .

A.R. Rahman - "Oscar Sangamam" | The 84th Academy Awards - YouTube

This documentary is highlighting the most extreme case of violence against women in Pakistan. This is something very rare, and yet the documentary makes it appear as if this is a cultural phenomenon or something common. This documentary, fine highlighting what these women are facing but don't make it look like this is wide-spread that is misleading.

Also about the West, I know damn well what happens here, we read the statistics, I've seen battered women who get beat up by their boyfriends, husbands, and even fathers now I didn't go and make a documentary about that.

A documentary that exposes some social ills, and we all know that in india there are massive problems for women also.

It's cause Westerners like to view other countries as barbaric places in contrast to the "civilized west".

Thus, while I congratulate Pakistan on winning this Oscar, I think the Oscars and other similar film awards are extremely culturally biased.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

i second that. oscars and nobel prizes are basically western awards. we shouldnt be making big deal of it. if a pakistani film gets awarded in india that should a matter of pride for pakistan being almost similar in culture. i have seen not so good flop movies getting oscars.

Great news. Unfortunately the movies & documentaries of India , Pakistan and other Asian & African countries that win awards are mostly about social evils & poverty.

i dont know why only the movies which shows the negetive parts of our country gets the highlights? weather its Pakistan India or Iran......& than we feel proud in it is not less amazing.

thease three countries hav won oscars & all their movies are abt their negetives....r we in inferiority complex with oscar?

true tat.. whats so special about slumdog millionaire. i think three idiots movie or movie like taray jameen par were much better...but chutia movies like monsoon wedding are much accalimed in west.

true tat.. whats so special about slumdog millionaire. i think three idiots movie or movie like taray jameen par were much better...but chutia movies like monsoon wedding are much accalimed in west.

Haha hun kiti kaam di gaal. Monsoon Wedding was a chutia film.

first they made fun of indians with calling them slum dogs n now they are trying to play with Pakistan with showing soceity as anti womens when we know tht Pakistanis womens (majority) are wel respected....why the hell they dont give awards to hundreds of other cool telefilms & documentries made in Pakistan?

Back
Top Bottom