What's new

Pakistan will soon get J10

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have JV on Su-30Mk and still your LCA is not inducted.
As LCA is light combat fighter, you can't use Sead and spectra technology of Rafale in small Light fighter LCA already said by indian member.
LCA has Mayawi ECM suite and it dosent have the power for something like SPECTRA onboard:bunny:

WELL of course i meant LCA mark2 how can LCA mark 1 have rafale's system

This is just ridiculous anything can happen in war we lose or they lose no one knows, after all we both are Nuclear Power .
saying that pakistani planes are cheaper is also a funny comment, according to history MIG21 were no match for mig19 in dogfight . now u will say proof please read some books or search ur self.

After accomplishing #1 on our list which was JF-17 i think we do deserve a little right to day dream don't you think so? Regarding LCA, if you guys want we can send over few chota ustaad's to fix the damn thing for you guys! :)

HUGE PHUSS is very common these days specially with fanboys examples
1.PN intrested in j11.
2.pN getting qing class Chinese submarines.
3.Pakistan has many icbms but not showing it.
4.Pakistan is purchasing j10b.
5.pN is purchasing German 214.
thanks for your concerns over LCA.

After accomplishing #1 on our list which was JF-17 i think we do deserve a little right to day dream don't you think so? Regarding LCA, if you guys want we can send over few chota ustaad's to fix the damn thing for you guys! :)
ur wish day dreams are not new in ur country. tell ur chota ustaad to make a car first, our lca is tooooo precious for any chota mota to touch it

File:Lca1.jpg
:)

Rafale, Eurofighter may still more advanced then J-10, but in view of the terrible economic situation in Europe, the further improvement of Rafale and Eurofighter will likely fall behind J-10. Thanks to the project of J-20, China aero industry will soon surpass Europe and catch up with USA...

I respectfully disagree. The J-10B features all of the upgrades noticed on those Rafales and Eurofighters: application of RAM, composites to increase T/W ratio, AESA radar (so far we know the J-10B's radar has 1200 T/R modules while Rafale only has 880 T/R modules), upgraded engines (actually, only the J-10B features this upgrade), sensor fusion to some degree, new IRST, MAWS, etc. Those are technically "fifth generation" upgrades and are used to classify "4.5 generation aircraft". Unlike the Rafale and Eurofighter, the J-10B also features a brand new ECM suite, solid state integrated electronics, and a brand new cockpit. I do not think Europe, after all this stagnation, would put together a machine that outperforms China's current technologies especially considering the fact that the J-10B was used as a smaller test platform for scaled down J-20 technologies.

Regarding your second point, I highly doubt China could catch up to the USA in terms of this field. The United States boasts half a century of experience as well as a very solid network of suppliers. The United States has opened plants in other countries and mostly "brain drains" other countries, just like they did to Canada during the 1950s. China's aviation industry, when it comes to civilians especially, has just taken off the ground and is unlikely to be a good match for the United States' senior aviation industries. Just take a look at how long it took China to perfect the WS-10 engine. Now do that to an airfoil that is in effect all the more sensitive.

J-10B is, a poor man's Rafale

JF-17 is, a poor man's F-16

LOL that's like saying a Rolex is a poor man's Cartier. Or a Toyota is a poor man's Lexus.

mate i think u should nt have posted this link

if u read the entire article it states somewhere that Chinese expert CHANG i quote

now would u beleive it or not

well dont worry !! this is another secret advantage of MMRCA deal

we would utilize those technology used to built rafale in building LCA /PAKFA :D

CHEERS

Funny how you quote a guy who is the laughingstock of the internet world. He has been proven to be wrong on almost every occasion. Too insecure to post quality sources?

Well, let me do the honors.

27135976c43636fece03a67.gif

That is a picture of the manufacturer of the J-10B AESA, proving that it has 1200 T/R modules compared to the Rafale's reported 880. This was also proven at a recent exhibition where it said that the 607th institute's PESA lost out to the 14th institute's AESA.

Not really, China as you pointed out is testing now AESA radars in fighters with first demo versions, while Rafale and EF did the same years ago, so they have developed this technology way before China was able to do it, that's a fact! They are just putting it in operational service now, which China will also do in some years only, possibly with J10B as the first platform.

Radars for fighters utilize the same exact technology as those seen on AWACS aircraft. China's deployment of the KJ-2000, KJ-200, are examples of its long history and experience. Building those things aren't easy; China has built multiple models and deployed them on multiple platforms, and much earlier as well, which will almost definitely give them an edge when compared to the untested and unused European counterparts. You can't improve something that hasn't been in service.

As I said, China has more money for developments, that's why you have a higher pace to develop new things. But the Europeans are way ahead in terms of know how and experience and not only in the radar field.

And do explain how exactly they are better on the "know how", taking in mind that it is China that is pumping out 5th generation fighters and multiple 4.5 generation fighters, not Europe. Explain how they would gain such experience when they don't even possess the key tools to explore that field, such as supersonic wind tunnels.

oh yeah !!

kindly say how just both have canards u r telling they are equal !!!:whistle:

well india was also not fool to allow u to have better stuffs like french avionics & mica missiles for ur JF 17.:D

Indians and their inferiority complexes, ain't a surprise here.....:lol:

ur wish day dreams are not new in ur country. tell ur chota ustaad to make a car first, our lca is tooooo precious for any chota mota to touch it

File:Lca1.jpg
:)

-Aim-120 AMRAAMS

-Paper plane (JF-17)

-JHMCS

-ZDK-03 AWACS

-SD-10A's

-Heck even our own country was a dream....

AND WE DO KNOW HOW TO CONVERT DREAMS IN TO REALITY!

I am sure it will 70 FC-20 of them and then another 70 of J-10Cs till 2020. along with 300 JF-17s.

You can't improve something that hasn't been in service.

Of course, because we talk about the industrial development capability and that can be improved with the developments of Tech demonstrators, be it of certain techs, aircrafts or vehicles. Eurofighter for example developed the CESAR AESA demo radar for years and now further developes it to CAPTOR - E AESA, that will be integrated into EF later. The US X - Series of tech demo aircrafts are even very famous for that and were a base for most of their further developments, although only very few techs or design came into operational service.

And do explain how exactly they are better on the "know how"

And the same stuff again, money is not = experience and know how! The rest read my earlier replies to you.

Nishan
I am sure it will 70 FC-20 of them and then another 70 of J-10Cs till 2020. along with 300 JF-17s.

THAT 440 new FIGHTERS in 10 YEARS ....

No country in the world can induct 440 new fighters in 10 years certainly not any developing nation

Try look at the PACE of induction the last 10 years or even 5 years to see HOW long these things can take.

To Move THUNDER from block 1 to block 3 with improved compsite build,,, new avionics ,, new radar even new engine will take hundreds of millions of dollars and years of TEST FLYING...

PAF current induction rate of mk1 JFT is 10 per year.

You are suggesting tripling this. AND have given no thought to future development timscale, cost OF INDUCTION and TESTING.

Most countries including USA are scaling back their fighter induction programmes due to MASSIVE GLOBAL RECESSION.

I think you may have been optimistic with 440 fighters.#

Back to original topic,

Any further details about the PAF chief visit to China particularly in context of J-10?

J-10B is, a poor man's Rafale

JF-17 is, a poor man's F-16

Problem with ur quote is that this poor man has both the JF-17 and the F-16. As for the J-10, since you don't know about its capabilities, you cannot compare it with rafale because in the end your statement might become true but in the reverse direction.

Problem with ur quote is that this poor man has both the JF-17 and the F-16. As for the J-10, since you don't know about its capabilities, you cannot compare it with rafale because in the end your statement might become true but in the reverse direction.

The problem with his or several Pakistani / Chinese posts in this thread it, that people often see things only one sided and ignore the rest, but there are always 2 sides of the medal that we have to look at!

Realistically and based on J10A / Rafale F3 specs and capabilities, J10 is inferior as a fighter. The B version will be better, but so will the F3+ that India wants as well. But for each Rafale F3+ IAF buys, PLAAF can buy 2 x J10Bs because of the cost difference, that means even if it's technically inferior in a 1 on 1 comparison, the numbers will equalise that to some extend. So J10B in higher numbers will be a capable threat to IAF from PLAAFs side (imo the biggest 4.5 gen threat, while it doesn't add anything to the differences between PAF and IAF.

PAF will have the technically inferior fighter and in low numbers, compared mainly to MKI and only a few Rafale squads. However, the same one sided point of view is of course available at my fellow countrymen too, that still look only at some inferior techs of PAF, while not seeing that PAF has dramatically improved and closed the gap that it had in 1999. JF 17 is a propper 4th gen multi role fighter and inducted at PAFs base in good numbers, with AWACS support, deep strike or SEAD capabilities and will not only be cheap, but very useful in war times as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom