What's new

Featured Pakistan will plant 50 Million Olive Trees - Rs 500 Billion expected annual income

War Thunder

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan will plant 50 Million Olive Trees under the Ten Billion Tree Tsunami.
4 Million Wild olive trees would be grafted to make them Fruiting.
10% of the trees being planted under the ten billion tree Tsunami project will be Fruit Trees.
(These fruit trees alone could produce enough food to feed the entire population of Pakistan... given 10% of 10 billion = 1 Billion)

There is a huge corruption going on in these projects as well. I have submitted all papet work including land record and survey and yet didnt get any plants as promised. They are all sold and money taken by officials.

There is a huge corruption going on in these projects as well. I have submitted all papet work including land record and survey and yet didnt get any plants as promised. They are all sold and money taken by officials.

All countries, especially third world countries have corruption, it's not exceptional to Pakistan. It will continue for a long time to come, but that should not stop us from celebrating the positives and developing our country.

did you use the citizen app or whatever its called?

did you use the citizen app or whatever its called?

Man im tired of these dramas, u know i have made complaints with proofs, pictures, videos and the complaint is forwarded from one deppt to anothet and another and in the end the status becomes "resolved" when actually nothing is resolved. Ive given up on this time wasting drama.

Man im tired of these dramas, u know i have made complaints with proofs, pictures, videos and the complaint is forwarded from one deppt to anothet and another and in the end the status becomes "resolved" when actually nothing is resolved. Ive given up on this time wasting drama.
folks lets report this on citizen portal TNT pls proivde details and i can submit on your behalf. Lets me sincere with Pakistan and take action

Can't believe Pakistan imports about 500 billion worth of edible oil...being an agrarian country.

Actually raw unrefined palm oil, others are imported and refined, processed and packed here.

The worst health hazard after sugar, this huge oil consumption can be curtailed.

Olive oil is healthy no doubt. Will save a huge amount in imports.

Pakistan will plant 50 Million Olive Trees under the Ten Billion Tree Tsunami.
4 Million Wild olive trees would be grafted to make them Fruiting.
10% of the trees being planted under the ten billion tree Tsunami project will be Fruit Trees.
(These fruit trees alone could produce enough food to feed the entire population of Pakistan... given 10% of 10 billion = 1 Billion)

Correction... you cannot graft wild olives to make then fruiting. This is stupid folly.
There is a symbiotic relationship with insects such as wasps and bees that enable to olive trees to propagate.
They do not know what is being written or its ecological impact.
Preserve your wild trees and use them for cross breeding because those genes are key for keeping the local variant that is accustomed to condiitions and pests.
-- that is me as a simple farmer saying.

You should report it to the authorities. I suggest even contacting the media and making some noise. It will hit the headlines since IK is making this a topical issue.

Pakistan should look into plantation of Coconut Tree as well along the long Coastal Beaches
We have 700 KM of coastal beach area if we plant and forget even then over years sufficient trees will grow
from which Government can claim food/revenue

a) Food Source
b) High in Nutrition
c) Coconut Water great drink
d) Oil can be used in cooking and flavor

shutterstock-678174241-min.jpg

Tender-Coconuts..jpg

Last edited:
@TNT so the plantation is going on, but you did not get the plants? Or the project is just a show & tell without actual implementation?

Government should focus on Palm Tree/oil, Sun Flower, Date, Olive and tea farming. This will decreased import and increase export.

It’s a very good news. We need to do the same in coastal areas for palm trees to reduce palm oil import.

If our government can focus on research to increasing yield, we will be able earn big dollars.
I also suggest we work on the strain of cannabis (and coca plant) for medicinal purpose, Cannabis oil, facial creams and high quality Hemp extract.

most-valuable-cash-crop-infographic.png

We have lots of land in Pakistan. We should start farming in Balochistan area.

Pakistan_Agriculture.png

Our economy is based on agriculture and we need to take proper steps to increase export (maybe using Chinese technology to increase production). Proper agriculture techniques can quadruple production. It will be more than enough for local population and for exports and it might even bring down the prices.
  1. Government has many Agricultural institutions/agencies but none are working properly. Our farmers are still using 40 years old technology & techniques and that’s one of the reason agriculture production is low. For example, Pakistan agriculture research council was established in 1988 but they haven’t done much in terms of agriculture research.
  2. As I have mentioned many time that government must establish a new National institute of economic development which will focus on research and innovation ideas in economic development like US department of Agriculture (USDA) and Agricultural Research Service (ARS).
  3. IK government top priority should be to increase Agriculture sector and maximize growth of Wheat, Rice, Sugarcane and Cotton by using new technology, techniques in irrigation to increase agriculture exports.
  4. In order to maximize the agriculture growth, IK government need to introduce new innovative ideas, latest technology and techniques. We need to work with USA, China and other countries to acquire this technology.
  5. Once technology is acquired, government should take an initiative and work with private sector on a pilot agriculture project to use new agriculture technology and Techniques to test new crops or new seeds.
  6. Once it’s successful, technology and know how can be transferred to interested farmers. If Pakistani farmers are not interested, relocate Bangla speaking from Karachi and offered them salary to work on the land.
  7. Government should lease land in Balochistan for private parties to Increase Agricultural/farming.
  8. Government need to take an initiate and start pilot project for of 1000 acres of olive plantation and then add another 1000 acres, keep adding until reach 10,000 acres olive plantation and same can be applied to palms tree plantation.

Correction... you cannot graft wild olives to make then fruiting. This is stupid folly.
There is a symbiotic relationship with insects such as wasps and bees that enable to olive trees to propagate.
They do not know what is being written or its ecological impact.
Preserve your wild trees and use them for cross breeding because those genes are key for keeping the local variant that is accustomed to condiitions and pests.
-- that is me as a simple farmer saying.

Well, let's just hope they know what they are doing.
We have two wild trees at our home though. They get the flowers but the fruit falls pretty early.

Back
Top Bottom