What's new

Pakistan will not offer bases to the US military.

So you are part of the negotiating team then? That’s amazing!
Anyway, I hope you know what you are doing by releasing any info of ongoing negotiations here. If information has a certain classification, its rules need to be followed however trivial the info seem to you. I havent worked on secret clearance projects, but I know people who have in the industry and for certain projects they cant even write their experience on their resumes or even mention what they did and who they worked for.

Your attempted sarcasm is juvenile, and thus amusing. :D

(I will of course ignore that from now on. Thank you for expressing yourself.)

Back on topic, Pakistan may come to a point where it might not want to provide bases, but then economic and other realities may cause compromises, as usual.
Unfortunately for them Khan has dug in his heels.

PMIK did not want to go to the IMF either. Principled stances are great, but realities, specially economic, always get their say in such matters.

One point to note: The 2011 Shamsi airbase debacle happened because drones were spotted in satellite imagery and Pakistan possessed no such drones.

However, presently it will be quite easy for Pakistan to pass off American drones as Pakistani drones considering the plethora of MQ1 look-a-like drones entering service with us.

Another possibility is that we insist on using our own drones for targets that the Americans provide if we agree. This will be a hard sell but an ideal situation for us. Wr DO want to hit the TTP strongholds across the border once America leaves and I suspect that we will.

If there is an agreement with NATO for Pakistan to operate drones inside Afghanistan then I'm all for it.

But as you know the little guy can get his arm twisted till its broken such is the way of geopolitics.

Worst case US operate from Pak bases

Best case Pakistan operatea drones inside Afg with US special ops support ONLY if there is an agreement tied in for complete intelligence co-op and global media narrative is managed for pro Pakistani bias. Sounds a lot like the post 9/11 deal right? You won't get it after letting TTP off the hook in 2005 you won't get that trust ever again.

Just flat out reject, you will face a lot heat in the media and maybe even sanctions but its better than getting slapped from all corners.

Absolutely no bases under any circumstances and that will be a treachery with our nation if this government even considering about it. Musharaf have done enough damage to the fabric of the society even i doubt it he knew the consequences of joining the war on terror. We have lived through much difficult and tough times before and no amount of pressure from the US can change our stance and when a PM of a country says NO it means NO.
This is not a Bajwa decision to make as he is not an elected person and answerable to the nation and generals and army must keep out of this decision. We already have been stung and paid with the price of our people with 70,000 lives and $90 billion dollars in economical terms by the previous general decision. I can understand he got pressurized and was unintended on his part but now we can't go in the same situation knowing well we will loose remaining few friends we got and our nation doesn't wants to be part of all this US game. US deserted us times and times again and f**ked off with the India so we have moved on to, too much greener and reliable pastures.

PMIK did not want to go to the IMF either. Principled stances are great, but realities, specially economic, always get their say in such matters
This is different. You are talking about political suicide.

You are nobody to bet with but will you apologize and quit if you lose?
To make the bet even i will apologize here and also quit my support to pti government? Sounds fair?
Done.

As long as the leadership remains all on the "same page" it will all work out for the better.

You try a bit too hard.... Why are you here advocating when all are on same page. It's not happening... people of Pakistan are not on page this time, never were. Rest can resign and go home.

You try a bit too hard.... Why are you here advocating when all are on same page. It's not happening... people of Pakistan are not on page this time, never were. Rest can resign and go home.

Okay. If the decision has been made, I guess it won't change. No problem. On to the next chapter!

Moeed is one of the most competent person and has multiple times taken india to the cleaners and not to forget how he has on air told that pakistan is not giving bases to US also he just an advisor, he advises and doesn't make decisions.
The two are equally skilled, Tariq Fateh and Hussian Haqqani. There is no need for the third one. Since India has more time, 18000 Concrete Bunkers will be built and a large army will be stationed in Kashmir. On the ground, India is winning the Kashmir conflict and the NSA is giving it more time. Why is that the case? The Chinese were quick to react when India built a Concrete Bunkers in Ladakh, the issue of Kashimir is a every Pakistani person issue. We should not give India more time to build bunkers.

Last edited:
Wanna bet?
Don't fret, US lap is big enough for both Pakistan and India and there be still lots of space left for others if needed.
The two are equally skilled, Tariq Fateh and Hussian Haqqani. There is no need for the third one. Since India has more time, 18000 concert bunkers will be built and a large army will be stationed in Kashmir. On the ground, India is winning the Kashmir conflict and the NSA is giving it more time. Why is that the case? The Chinese were quick to react when India built a concert bunker in Ladakh, the issue of Kashimir is a every Pakistani person issue. We should not give India more time to build bunkers.
Concert Bunkers ? may i ask who will be singing there ? / lighter note, no pun intended.

PS: "Concrete Bunkers," you meant.

Last edited:
Your attempted sarcasm is juvenile, and thus amusing. :D

(I will of course ignore that from now on. Thank you for expressing yourself.)
Dear Sir: Kindly aap zara kam chora karain. We cannot just make specific statements such as, ‘ Denial is part of ongoing negotiations.’ about state level negotiations without any proofs or sources. There are journalists on this side at least with proper sources in US state dept, and we should rely on their reporting at least, unless as I had kindly asked if you are really on that specific negotiation table. If it were negotations between PTI and PMLN, I would for sure tolerate such speculation as the level of critical thought in our political commentary is extremely extremely low with no repercussions for BS: ‘Shabaz Sharif cabinet decide kar rahay hay’, ‘Bajwa na IK ko chari sa mara’ etc. etc.

Back on topic, Pakistan may come to a point where it might not want to provide bases, but then economic and other realities may cause compromises, as usual.
I dont know how many times has this lever been pulled and results are available in history- from Afghan policy, to issues with India, relations with China etc. As far as economy goes, all CSF funding is already frozen for years now, and IMF program is already in progress - there is FTAF maybe but thats it. Unless US can make an extremely lucrative offer, which it wont as it has to keep India happy and I think some people seem to be overestimating importance USA would give to presence in Afghanistan.

Last edited:
How can you compare NSA with a president?. Moeed doesn't have the power to take decisions
he does have the power to influence decision making, and IK's track record hasnt been good under pressure so far.

Six pages, and no one has dare mention the old gender-specific joke about how "Yes" means "YES!" and "No" means "Maybe"? :D

Six pages, and no one has dare mention the old gender-specific joke about how "Yes" means "YES!" and "No" means "Maybe"? :D
/Chuckle, this is not a frat boy's date with a hot chick, this is for the first time US is having to deal with a Country's PM whose previous masters use to accept terms with a smile ( either elbows on the table or just simple bent over. ) In the past US dictated term and Pak accepted, what is wrong with picture that the role is reversed in this one ?

Ever watched the move 'The Right Stuff' ? love the part where L B Johnson is parked outside in his car and throwing a fit cause 'John Glen's' wife ( if memory serves me right ) is refusing to meet him. This is what it started to reminds me off, 'hell this is going to be one long 3-1/2 years.'

Back
Top Bottom