What's new

Pakistan will get 34 T37 from Turkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
DDDEER4.jpg

ISLAMABAD: In a gesture of goodwill, Turkey has decided to provide 34 jet trainers to Pakistan as a gift. The Northrop T-38 Talon is a two-seat, twin-engine supersonic jet trainer and it was the world’s first supersonic trainer and also the most produced.

The T-38 remains in service as of 2015 in air forces throughout the world. The decision was conveyed by Turkish Commander of Air Force General Abidin Unal to his counterpart in Pakistan Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman when they met recently.

It is likely the planes would be handed over to Pakistan before the end of the year. Highly placed sources of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) told The News here other day that the supply of 34 planes will reduce financial burden on the PAF and the planes will cater to PAF needs at least for the next 10 years.

T-38M is a modernised Turkish Air Force T-38A with full glass cockpit and avionics, upgraded by Turkish Aerospace Industries under the project. The US Air Force is using T-38M extensively and about 50,000 pilots have got training on this type of plane. One plane costs US $5.879 million as it is a US made machine that is being used world over including Nasa.

The sources said that Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman would go to Turkey to receive the gift from the Turkish Air Force. The sources said that Pakistan would keep upgrading its JF-17 Thunder multirole fighter plane which is attracting buyers world over.

Pakistan has also initiated search for the most sophisticated multi-role fifth generation plane and for the purpose Sweden, American, Turkish and some European planes are being examined. India is acquiring planes of fifth generation although it has reduced its order from 126 to 36 and that deal too is facing snags. It is expected that Pakistan would also acquire fifth generation fighter-bomber planes for its air force, the sources added.

Sweden or Turkey don't even have 5th gen fighters... Turks will get F-35s .... Which itself is still underdevelopnent....

Urdu press isn't really reliable ..

SAAB has an ongoing 5th gen project, the Flygsystem 2020

Rapport från riksdagen 2007/08:RFR8 Forskning och utveckling inom försvarsutskottets ansvarsområde - riksdagen.se

14218647587824672398.jpg

I know the project is currently funded and work ongoing, but have no info beyond that. Sorry.

Aa I said... These projects exist in files... Not even on drawing board.. And even if Sweden or Turkey (Which has invested in F-35) start today it will take like 15 years or more to be inducted or to enter production...

Aa I said... These projects exist in files... Not even on drawing board.. And even if Sweden or Turkey (Which has invested in F-35) start today it will take like 15 years or more to be inducted or to enter production...
your estimate on a time line for production is way off. firstly saab is helping turkey with there own fighter the tfx. now with the tfx the design has been chosen. from what i know the design has been chosen. there were 3 to choose from. the jet is twin engined. and will have stage 2 ej-200 engines. turkey will have the jet ready for 2025. now saab is helping turkey with the jet so this estimate is sort of insured.
saab has experience building and designing jets. the f35 will replace the f-4 and some f16's. turkey is said to buy 100 of the f35 and and 250 of the tfx.

your estimate on a time line for production is way off. firstly saab is helping turkey with there own fighter the tfx. now with the tfx the design has been chosen. from what i know the design has been chosen. there were 3 to choose from. the jet is twin engined. and will have stage 2 ej-200 engines. turkey will have the jet ready for 2025. now saab is helping turkey with the jet so this estimate is sort of insured.
saab has experience building and designing jets. the f35 will replace the f-4 and some f16's. turkey is said to buy 100 of the f35 and and 250 of the tfx.
Dude waste my time with your fan boy crap.

Sweden or Turkey don't even have 5th gen fighters... Turks will get F-35s .... Which itself is still underdevelopnent....

Urdu press isn't really reliable ..
No no zafer did right reporting this time .turkey joined hands with Sweden for theior own 5 th generation project TFX .they going with twin engine confugration .F 35 is coming too .but they speeding up theior own jet too I was keen that pak should pour some money in it will go long way for both nations .

whoever gives you anything free becomes your deeper than, higher than, sweeter than friend
and you get to start Ghazwa e hind.
You look like a person who looks at a word and starts thinking he knows entire book.

Three states including Iran, China and Turkey are going to be our allies, on top, people from three countries including Pakistan, Afghanistan and state of Dakan will fight against India. Iran never gave anything you waver to mention, now answer why n how is that included as ally. No surprise no Arabs are mentioned.

Try learning more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom