What's new

Pakistan wants to replicate India’s health insurance

The cubans have a good healthcare system and think it free for all.........pakistan can make a nuclear bomb-weapons ect but the cost of giving free healthcare is some how going to put a strain on the economy?
If the people want true sharia in pakistan then free healthcare and education is a must and is not that hard to achieve.

Dont know much about Cuba, but for most countries with mixed Economy will have poor peoples expense covered by tax paying public or differential pricing of health system .

For example some hospitals in India charge different prices to different economical strata for same operations. The high income group subsidizes the poor persons expenses. The moment we say free for all, the scheme will fall flat.

There should, eventually, be free medical care for all citizens at the point of delivery.

Why don't u copy german healthcare system? You would have the best in World!

The cubans have a good healthcare system and think it free for all.........pakistan can make a nuclear bomb-weapons ect but the cost of giving free healthcare is some how going to put a strain on the economy?
If the people want true sharia in pakistan then free healthcare and education is a must and is not that hard to achieve.

I agree that Cuba has first rate health care and educational system which is free for the Cubans.

I have had the opportunity for visiting Cuba several times in the early to mid 1990’s. The company that I was working for managed to get an introduction to communist regime thru late Yassir Arafat (PLO was based in Tunisia at that time). I visited the two petroleum refineries in Havana as well as Cienfuegos refinery at Santiago de Cuba.

Even though US sanctions were badly hurting Cuban economy I found a very advanced health care system in Cuba. Cuban doctors were first rate and people from all over Latin America visited Cuba for treatment. A Venezuelan who had come for heart problems informed me that Cuban Medicine was almost as good as in the US with costs only about one tenth.

Healthcare in Pakistan is very expensive and not that good. Influential and the wealthy managed to go to UK or US for treatment that is why they don’t care.

In July I visited Karachi and found a not so well off relation who is suffering from ‘Dementia’. Her children were in tears because treatment of their mother’s illness was beyond their means but at the same time they could not bear to see their mother in this condition.

If Pakistan can provide a good health insurance system to her citizens, it should done without delay it regardless of the fact that Pakistan is copying India. IMO good and inexpensive education and healthcare is a basic human right.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom