What's new

Pakistan wants peace, but will not compromise: Kayani

Isn't there a single Pakistani with some brains?? Is this a debate competition? For Godsake, are you ever going to stop this childishness??

You feel that Mr. Ten Percent sitting on top of your heads is going to get you out of this mess (or rather, 'his mess')? Stop daydreaming!!

You can't drag USA forever with you by using that 'war against terror' card. Pakistan has survived this far only with all sorts of help. But now, equations are changing very fast. Pakistan should act now, or the world will have to act....soon.

Since in your book only Indians have brains, let me try to respond with something other than brains..:rolleyes:

The world will act and do what? Please elaborate. Things are not as black and white as you try to make them out to be. The equation somehow always balances out. Things are changing fast, but that does not mean that they are changing only for the camp that is favourably inclined towards India. Already there are serious misgivings about this GWOT and its definition of what is terrorism and what is an appropriate right for self determination. So lets be cognizant of these changes all around.

Pakistan survives not due to largess of some powers, it survives because of its location and due to certain assets that we have and due to the belief amongst a vast majority of Pakistanis that this country came into being for a reason. That we have not fully realized this is a fault of our own, yet we are competent enough to not let Pakistan slide down forever. We have our problems and so do you.

The fact that Zardari is sitting on our heads is no different than MMS ruling over India. Zardari was elected democratically and as uninspiring as his leadership is, it is only making the Pakistanis realize the gravity of their bad choice. Its an iterative process similar to elsewhere in the world. We hope to pick someone better next time around (given the way the Army is behaving, we are optimistic that we will be picking someone after much more scrutiny).

So I am cautiously optimistic that we will get beyond this mess. We have been in tough situations in the past, this too is one that we will have to negotiate through.

So I am cautiously optimistic that we will get beyond this mess. We have been in tough situations in the past, this too is one that we will have to negotiate through.

I do agree with you Blaine, but the drastic change of the equation would be if the terrorist did run rampant. It is being localized in northern Pakistan region, but if any terrorist acts like 911 would happen in US again, it will definently change the equation of the fight against terrorism.

I do agree with you Blaine, but the drastic change of the equation would be if the terrorist did run rampant. It is being localized in northern Pakistan region, but if any terrorist acts like 911 would happen in US again, it will definently change the equation of the fight against terrorism.

The 911 has become controvercial as to who carried it out and what were the motives. If it happens again it would only outline one thing that past eight years of US strategy had been wrong and a new strategy is needed. You don't fight terrorist with terrorism this only creates more terrorists.

As far as northern Pakistan is concerned we need to understand the strategy of the army before making any comments. The way I have been able to understand is that army went in the tribal areas first to control the militancy there and when the situation shall become normal they shall start the major operation in Swat.

Tribal area was important for two reasons, one it borders Afghanistan and routing out militancy there would help Afghanistan and stop the resupply line for the ones in Swat. Then army shall commence major operation in Swat.

I hope the situation shall start improving in around two to three months both in Tribal Areas and in Swat.

So you support your government actions to threaten Pakistan with war.
Your mentality of "simply accept it Pakistan and bear with our threats" is unreasonable and stupid.

No, your mentality of 'may whatever come to Pakistan, we will only act if India asks politely' is stupid.

As a Pakistani, you should think like "what the hell we have gotta do with India, let us do whatever is good for Pakistan." But right now, Pakistan has set itself aflame only to burn India.

My point is, why bother how someone is talking? Or rather why get affected and do self-harming things if you think someone is not talking politely?? I mean, come on, what India asked Pakistan was, intentionally or not, good for Pakistan in many ways. Then why bother for India's way of asking? If Pakistan had protested the words while taking the action, India would have been blamed for using harsh words.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom