What's new

Pakistan VS Sri Lanka ODI Series

i still think pakistan can win easily if they wont make silly mistakes younis khan has to make right decision bowlers are doing their job

plz replace misbah,shoaib and fawad
imran nazir, naveed ul hassan and umar akmal

it improve our fielding and it makes our batting line up more stong and imran attacks kulasakra he will be in pressure and easy for other players to play kulasekra and thushara

attack is the best form of defence take my word younis

Second one-dayer at Dambulla today : Batting continues to worry Pakistan

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

DAMBULLA: The first one-dayer on Thursday wasn’t as one-sided as it was turning out to be at one stage. The Pakistan lower order fought commendably with only a couple of wickets in hand but it wasn’t enough to erase an inept performance by the top order. Pakistan’s coach, Intikhab Alam, stated after the match that the pitch was not to blame; his team lost it in the field when they had a chance to restrict the Sri Lankans below 200.

The bowlers struggled to contain a rampaging Muttiah Muralitharan in the third Powerplay and the Sri Lankans took the psychological advantage with them in the better part of the chase as well. Intikhab didn’t blame the defeat on bad batting. But the top order’s frailties against the swing generated by Sri Lanka’s penetrative new-ball attack remains a concern. In four matches against them, Pakistan are yet to register a win, despite the contests being closely fought. Pakistan need to win tomorrow or else they will have to win all their remaining games to win the series. The flamboyant all-rounder, Shahid Afridi, made a start in the first ODI, hitting a brisk 27 before a poor shot – dabbing a short ball to the keeper – cut short his knock. More is expected from him, both with bat and ball as this series progresses. If he retains his number three spot, he can focus more on anchoring the innings.

Sri Lanka on the other hand also didn’t bat as well as they would have liked, but have fewer concerns overall compared to their opponents. Kumar Sangakkara wasn’t exactly chuffed with the way his bowlers lost the plot towards the end of the chase. Death bowling is something the home side will need to sharpen. Thilan Thushara was the best bowler across both sides in the opening match – taking 3 for 29 – and his early strikes derailed Pakistan’s chase. In Chaminda Vaas’ absence, Sri Lanka have found an effective replacement who gets enough zip off the pitch. He cleaned up Kamran Akmal with a back-of-a-length ball which snuck through bat and pad, before removing Afridi and Younis Khan.

However, despite Pakistan’s unsuccessful run-chase in the first ODI, Dambulla remains a better pitch for the team batting second in day games. Teams batting first average 3.84 per over and 20.09 per wicket. For teams chasing, the numbers are 3.98 and 26.94.

Teams:

Pakistan (from): Kamran Akmal (wicket-keeper), Imran Nazir, Younis Khan (captain), Fawad Alam, Shahid Afridi, Shoaib Malik, Misbahul Haq, Mohammad Yousuf, Abdul Razzaq, Umar Gul, Mohammad Aamer, Saeed Ajmal

Sri Lanka (probable): Upul Tharanga, Sanath Jayasuriya, Kumar Sangakkara (captain and wicket-keeper), Mahela Jayawardene, Thilan Samaraweera, Angelo Mathews, Chamara Kapugedera, Thilan Thushara, Nuwan Kulasekara, Lasith Malinga, Muttiah Muralitharan agencies

i still have a lot of questions on younis captancy i dont understand why he is keep playing failure shoaib malik when u have mohammad yousuf i know both r struggling but yousuf is far far batter than shoaib today also shoaib got out on 0 today get rid of shoaib and misbah now for hole of series younis is making troubles for himself why dont play imran nazir i dont know what probleum younis has with nazir

well third world country is not a bad thing - for more info pls chk google :D - its infact a good term- the coutnries which didnt take part in - first world and second world countris - sides - chose to be neutral are called third world countries.

Btw- pakistan is so unpredicatble - I mean even though we all know pakisatn is in deep problem in this match - you never know when they kick back. reson being RAW talent - but no guidence.( for in consistancy)

--------------
but guys its always hard to beat sri lanka in their home.

live score
Nasir Jamshed c M Jayawardene b Kulasekara 0 1
Kamran Akmal (wk) c T Samaraweera b Thushara 13 19
Younis Khan (c) c C Kapugedera b Muralitharan 23 73
Shoaib Malik lbw b Thushara 0 4
Umar Akmal c K Sangakkara b Mathews 18 28
Fawad Alam c K Sangakkara b Thushara 10 24
Shahid Afridi c S Jayasuriya b Muralitharan 7 9
Abdul Razzaq c T Thushara b Jayasuriya 17 43
Umar Gul run out Sub (M Bandara) 14 26
Mohammad Aamer not out 15 23 2 0 65.22
Saeed Ajmal not out 13 16 1 0 81.25
Extras: ( 18 wd, 4 lb, 4 b, 0 nb, 0 p) Total: 156 / 9 in 44.2 overs (Run Rate: 3.52)

pakistan team All out on 168 runs
Mohammad Aamer top scorer with 24 runs

Back
Top Bottom