What's new

Pakistan vs India: WC Semifinal - March 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
how many indians know about history of Mohali?Whats the significance of Mohali?

Couple of jokes from Chandigarh........

Indian friend: How Kamran Akmal teaches alphabets to his son?....A for Akmal, B for Ball, C for Catch, D for Drop.....

Pakistani friend: (In dabang style) Kal Zaheer ko itna Chhakka marunga ke woh bhul jayega ke border kodhar hai aur boundary kidhar....

(Then they went together for dinner. Hope after lot of shouting, leg pulling and cursing and abusing we will become friends again once match is over.........till then ......:sniper::sniper:

Rain in Mohali is Send by Allah to help pakistani team.

Are yeh rain nehi........Uparwalaka bhi pasina chut raha hai yeh decide korne me ke kis ko jitaye yeh match........

---------- Post added at 07:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 AM ----------

i believe Pakistani bowling attack will butt rape us :cheers:

You open a fake id just to post it?

forget omer1984, & other member's who likes to flame be it indian or pakistani just enjoy the game its an indian vs pakistan semi-final in world cup cricket just ignore the trouble makers & both indian -pakistani members enjoy the game best of luck to both the great team's & kindly keep it an india-pakistan national symbol thread & please avoid Islam as i am an non-indian-non-pakistani muslim & i dont want my religion to be used for nationalism of be it 160 million indian muslims or 170 million pakistani ones please keep Islam out of this ISLAM is not pakistan nor india it does not belongs to
respected mr.gandhi or respected mr.jinnah

thank you

You are definately another indian bharati hiding behind false flags like so many indians often do.

I've been in this forum for 3 years now, and everytime an indian bharati troll says something negative about Pakistan and Pakistanis, you give a quick thanks to that troll and run along.

As for how Islam has an impact on Pakistan, I dont need to tell you how Pakistan came into existence and that is an entirely huge topic on its own.

The fact is Islamic Republic of Pakistan is the 2nd largest Islamic country in the world and has the 2nd largest Muslim population in the world. 97% of Islamic Republic of Pakistan's total population is Muslim and less than 14% of India's population is Muslim. So yes, Islam is a major part of Islamic Republic of Pakistan and Islam belongs to Islamic Republic of Pakistan and to the entire world.

And the Cricket Team of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan are all Muslims.

pakistan_1859080c.jpg

Long Live Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

Death to the enemies of Islamic Republic of Pakistan

If it rains and there is no match, Pakistan will automatically go to final because of points and run rate.

i dont have problem with them supporting pakistan,we wouldnt even mind if they leave india and go to pakistan surely our govt will give them a businees class ticket if they do so
They will go along with their land property out of Indian union to Pakistan.

If the re-scheduling to Thursday also gets rained out then what you state is correct. I think the match is bound to happen either tomorrow or on Thursday.

Kashmiris want Pakistan to win World Cup Semi Final.
Massive Kashmiri croud shouting Long Live Pakistan in India Occupied Kashmir.

Last edited by a moderator:
History was made at Mohali during Aurangzeb time and it will be repeated today.

It's bright and sunny in Mohali. Just saw it on NDTV, they interviewed a Met guy who said no chance of rain today. So game on.

Indian Prime Minister Mr. Manmohan Singh has invited his Pakistani counterpart Mr. Yousuf Raza Gilani to watch India-Pakistan World Cup semifinal at Mohali on Wednesday March 30 2011 for what is being described as "cricket diplomacy" between the two nuclear-armed South Asian rivals.

History of Cricket Diplomacy:

This "cricket diplomacy" goes back to February 1987 when former Pakistani President General Zia-ul-Haq went to India to watch a Test match between the two sides as part of his "cricket for peace initiative". This meeting did help lower the temperature that had been raised when India held large military exercises near the Pakistani border in Rajhastan and Pakistan responded by amassing its troops at the India-Pakistan border. Though Pakistan did win the Test series, the effect of diplomacy did not last long in helping resolve any of the longstanding issues between the two South Asian neighbors.

The last time India and Pakistan engaged in "cricket diplomacy" was when President Musharraf was invited by PM Manmohan Singh on April 17, 2005, the match ended very badly for India. Pakistan beat India by 143 runs, propelled by Afridi's 134 runs.

Here's how President Musharraf described it:

Unfortunately for my hosts, the match turned out to be an embarrassment for India because one of Pakistan's star batsmen, Shahid Afridi, clobbered virtually every ball that the Indians bowled at him. Many of his hits headed straight for our VIP enclosure. Like any normal cricket fan I wanted to jump out of my seat shouting and clapping, but I had to control my enthusiasm in deference to my hosts.

Before the match was over, we left for our discussions. It goes without saying that I was dying to get back to the exciting match. So during our official one-on-one meeting I suggested to the prime minister that we go back to see the last hour of the match and also distribute the prizes. I made him agree in spite of his concerns about security. But then, as the meeting continued, my staff kept sending in notes informing me about the collapse of the Indian team when its turn came to bat. India's entire team got out long before the end of the game. Tightly repressing any outward signs of my inner joy, I had to inform Manmohan Singh that the Indian team's batting had been wasted and there was no point in another visit to the stadium.

Boys will be boys, some might say, but they obviously don't know cricket, or the importance of a match between Pakistan and India.

Policy Making:

Indian security analysts and politicians regularly blame Pakistan for the failure of past bilateral diplomatic efforts by citing what they believe is the adverse role of Pakistani military in framing Pakistan's policy toward India. This rationale, however, does not explain why the diplomatic initiatives undertaken by Pakistani military leaders from General Zia to General Musharraf have not borne fruit.

A more rational explanation for the policy failures has recently surfaced in secret US embassy cables leaked by Wikileaks and published by The Hindu. After a meeting with India's National Security Adviser and former Indian intelligence chief M.K. Narayanan in August 2009, American Ambassador Timothy Roemer concluded that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was isolated within his own government in his “great belief” in talks and negotiations with Pakistan.

Sharm al-Shaikh Summit:

Roemer said that although Narayanan's hawkish stance on Pakistan was well known, his willingness to “distance himself from his boss [Manmohan Singh] in an initial courtesy call would suggest that PM Singh is more isolated than we thought within his own inner circle in his effort to "trust but verify" and pursue talks with Pakistan particularly in the wake of the hammering his government took from opposition for the July Sharm al-Sheikh statement with [Pakistan Prime Minister Yusuf Raza] Gilani.”

Agra Summit:

In the aftermath of the failure of the 2002 Agra Summit with former Indian Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee, former Pakistani President Musharraf said the two leaders were close to a historic agreement until an Indian bureaucrat Vivek Katju conspired with India's entrenched security hawks to insist on changes unacceptable to Pakistan.

Resolution of Kashmir:

Kashmir remains the single most explosive unresolved issue between India and Pakistan, and President Musharraf devoted a lot of his energies with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to try and resolve it. The formula envisioned soft or porous borders in Kashmir with freedom of movement for the Kashmiris; exceptional autonomy or "self-governance" within each region of Kashmir; phased demilitarization of all regions; and finally, a "joint supervisory mechanism," with representatives from India, Pakistan and all parts of Kashmir, to oversee the plan’s implementation. It appears now that the hawkish Indian security establishment has succeeded in scuttling the peace efforts based on the Musharraf formula.

Future:

Pakistan has to be willing to take bold initiatives for peace and harmony in South Asia. But it takes two to tango. As long as the Indian hawkish security establishment remains in charge of India's Pakistan policy, there is very little chance of success of any initiatives, including the latest round of cricket diplomacy in Mohali.

Haq's Musings: India-Pakistan Cricket Diplomacy at Mohali

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom