What's new

Pakistan unveils new Air Defense sytem FM-90/HQ-7B manufacturing by China

@Gabriel92

Iranians also reverse engineered this system but i don't remember its name,also what is the official policy of French with nations who Reverse Engineer your stuff

Don't know about that,i'll search.
-----
(If i'm not wrong,isn't Pakistan that once has given Crotales to China ? (They can confirm this).... 9 months later,HQ7B was born. :p: )

Last edited:
Yup.

crotale_SAM.jpg

One most interesting thing everyone missed is that this system is NOT being operated by PAF but the Army :D

@Gabriel92

Iranians also reverse engineered this system but i don't remember its name,also what is the official policy of French with nations who Reverse Engineer your stuff

France couldn't care less about the Chinese copying their old technology.
Proof - They're collaborating with the Chinese in their shiny new medium lift helicopters!

What if one day HQ9/FD2000 is revealed just like that:)

That won't be happening anytime soon.

Many heads rolled when this info was leaked on PDF around 2008 or 2009 i believe, PAF completely put a lid on the rumour mill. There were a few lucky ones to witness these gigantic systems near Lahore Sector Post Mumbai Attacks.

It will be lying under a bigass mountain in central Punjab :drag:

It was impressive with the speed and secrecy this system was procured. But PAF wala's were red pissed when it was leaked on PDF that PAF was in possession of FD2000's. After that, they have put safeguards in place to put a complete lid on all these rumour mills.

Much improved and digitized copy if at all.
Crotale NG : S-band Pulse Doppler radar (20 km), Ku-band TWT tracking radar (30 km), Thermal camera (19 km), Daylight CCD camera (15 km), and an IR localiser; VT-1 missile with Mach 3.5 speed

HQ-7 : E/F-band Doppler Search Radar (18.4 km range), J-band tracking radar (17 km range), TV tracking system (15 km range) and IR localiser; Speed: Mach 2.3

Can you please elaborate more on the improvements.

That won't be happening anytime soon.

Many heads rolled when this info was leaked on PDF around 2008 or 2009 i believe, PAF completely put a lid on the rumour mill. There were a few lucky ones to witness these gigantic systems near Lahore Sector Post Mumbai Attacks.

It was impressive with the speed and secrecy this system was procured. But PAF wala's were red pissed when it was leaked on PDF that PAF was in possession of FD2000's. After that, they have put safeguards in place to put a complete lid on all these rumour mills.
why SSW wasnt there on the prade with there shiny fnf2000.

Back
Top Bottom