What's new

Pakistan-Turkey to undertake joint defence productions

Omar1984

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

ISLAMABAD, Dec 7 (APP): Pakistan and Turkey agreed to further enhance bilateral cooperation in various fields particularly in the area of defence.Both the brotherly countries highlighted the need for undertaking Joint Defence Productions benefitting the two brotherly nations in terms of improving and strengthening their defence capability.A unanimous agreement focussing the joint defence productions was reached at a meeting held between Minister for Defence Ch. Ahmad Mukhtar and his Turkish counterpart Vecdi Gonul, in Ankara on Tuesday, says a fax message received from Ankara.

The meeting reviewed the ongoing projects in the defence sector that includes the overhauling of F-16 aircraft. It was agreed to strengthen the existing high level cooperation forum that provides a better platform for improving our relations in various fields.

The minister also thanked his Turkish counterpart for providing assistance for the rehabilitation of flood victims of Pakistan.

I think it may be intended towards the joint collaboration on jf-17 project and may be Turkey also provide assistant in next batch of jf-17

Anywayz excellent news Long live Pak-Turk brotherhood

i am hearing this news from an year..bt nothing is coming up.

we need to join turkish air defence system developments and naval weapons like ft-2000

According to Express news Pakistan and Turkey signed 17 MoU's :):)

Last edited:
I am hopeful it would be something about Milgem class corvettes. I hope this time we might hear a good news for PN.

I thought you guys chose Chinese vessels?

Not corvettes buddy!
We bought 4 advanced and bigger 3100 ton F-22Ps frigs from them with tot last one is being built in Karachi shipyard and 4 more might be purchased..... but we bought 4 FACs from turkey aswell as 4,...500 ton FACs from china.................... also the deal for 4 milgem corvettes is still alive and maybe we would even consider the Genesis upgrade for our OHPs.

Last edited:
To a question, Prime Minister Erdogan said the Turkish defence industry has significant production capacity in armoured personnel carriers, unmanned aerial vehicles and sea vessels.
Turkey will start production of attack helicopters by 2013, he said while referring to possibilities of defence cooperation between Pakistan and Turkey.

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - Gilani, Erdogan agree to strengthen bilateral ties; Turkey offers military hardware

If will be best if both the countries will do co-production of Pakistan's JF-17 and Turkey's newly developed Helicopter.

Back
Top Bottom