What's new

Pakistan - Turkey (PAC-TAI) Collaboration for NGFA-TFX 5th Gen Aircraft l Updates, News & Discussion

the aim to use an indigenous engine for the serial production after 2028. tr motor is is developing the engine they are confident of their success. they bought 5 F110 GE engines only for the prototypes.

For TFX EJ-200 upgraded version with TVC EJ230 was offered by RR and it will be better option if Pakistan is joining the program.

There is no reason why both platforms may not be incorporated. But China is also working on a 6th gen

im not convinced that Pakistan can support the logistics of two, possibly completely different, 5th gens that have basically the same role and size.

Last edited:
It is not a binary choice between TFX or J-35/21 - PAF most likely will operate both types with different roles. Pakistan has been keen to develop defence relatons with Turkey as shown by the T-129 attempted procurement.

PAC offers the TFX programme cheaper manufacturing of components that are time intensive to manufacture at a much lower labour costs than in Turkey while maintaining control over IP - etc.

Seems like this was more of a joke and it's been hyped up, was this actually officially confirmed?

Although I think it's still possible in the near future, even if it hasn't

An in-house design may still require the help and what if it was about TFX program in collaboration. Secondly, it doesn't mean that the design is abandoned. May be TFX is exactly what PAF needs or requires. One can relate this to PAC JV with China on Thunder. A fighter aircraft that serves the purpose is not fallback except the notion and emotions such as I couldn't built one alone. There are always JVs and this is the way forward. Lastly, who says anything that PAF will stop at TFX only. AZM thread is locked so that we will be posting threads subject wise under AZM. Wait for a while and soon you will understand.
JV is the way forward..
Pakistan turkey need to find more patners..
Azerbhijan, malaysia and qatar are potential candidates that can be involves in program early

What is it mean?
Translation says, that the merge of tfx and project azm is out of the question currently, and the recent news that indicates this direction is also false. (Info obtained from that page - turkeys most popular industry and aviation military news platform)

According to the information obtained by SavunmaSanayiST.com Combining the National Combat Aircraft (MMU) with Pakistan's AZM Project is out of the question at the moment. The news in this direction is also not true.

SSB employee Yusuf Akbaba made the same statement. Hundreds of forum members fell victim to Kotil's cuteness. Fortunately, I know my CEO. BRUH

It's worth noting that if Pakistan was genuinely interested, it'd take a few years to just draft the accord/agreement. MMU is serious. It'd take a lot of negotiation, audits, and investigation to figure out offsets, co-production, IP sharing, etc. The amount of money involved would be as much as CPEC.

Back
Top Bottom