What's new

Pakistan-Turkey 4 Milgem Ada Class Corvettes Contract - Construction started

It is not always to make more missiles on the ships are good,but may be dangeourus,you have to look at russian moskva incident.Babur class is a very good ship with the two stage defence against antiship missiles,It is also will give oppurtunity to build network center warfare.I wish Turkish navy gets babur class as well.
Their plan is Istanbul class frigates which will likely be similar in size/functions to Jinnah (frankly i think Jinnah will likely be a modification of I-class rather than an actual i original/semi-original design). Both Jinnah and I-class are enlarged Ada/Milgems

Babür class and jinnah class will be a good base for network centeric warfare with the aim of advent sys,and it will go further with the MPA having advent/martı so this structure is more important than any gun and missile.Turkey is also working hard for multistatik sonar system,if the ships use same sonar structure,and this gives more oppurtunity to detect enemy subs.

Last edited:
yakamos 2020 sonar already bistatik and multistatik.Warships with bistatik/multistatik sonar sytems,one ship is on passif mode but the other one/two-tree is on aktif mode or two ship passif mode and one is active mode,so the on passive modes ship is not detected easily by enemy subs.If this concept is supported by surfaceships with electric motors,or with unmanned satellit ships it makes surfaces ships very silient ,and will be game changer

Attachments

• 06294243-8F57-42E5-97AF-2DCE83222CA0.jpeg
    06294243-8F57-42E5-97AF-2DCE83222CA0.jpeg
    180.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
So with CAMM-ER /Albatross, remember the 45km+. The CAMM is 25km+ but it has been tested to be able to hit targets out to 60km. Id imagine camm-er has a real range of 75-90km.

Also, are we sure Tughrails have HQ-16B because only thing i have seen show that PN will have HQ-16A. Do we have any real confirmation that it will be the B version? I dont think even PLAN operates HQ-16B yet.

Last edited:
So with CAMM-ER /Albatross, remember the 45km+. The CAMM is 25km+ but it has been tested to be able to hit targets out to 60km. Id imagine camm-er has a real range of 75-90km.

Also, are we sure Tughrails have HQ-16B because only thing i have seen show that PN will have HQ-16A. Do we have any real confirmation that it will be the B version? I dont think even PLAN operates HQ-16B yet.
The latest 054A operation of PLA should be HQ-16F, 160km range, and active and passive composite guidance. This is consistent with the radar description at the Zhuhai Air Show. AESA radar replaces MR90 with a search distance of 250km.

The latest 054A operation of PLA should be HQ-16F, 160km range, and active and passive composite guidance. This is consistent with the radar description at the Zhuhai Air Show. AESA radar replaces MR90 with a search distance of 250km.
Will believe it when it happens. Right now PLAN is not even equipped with HQ-16B. And a jump from 70km to 160km in the same from factor is a little hard to believe in such a short span of time. So even if its a real thing (not convinced) it is probably a few years away from PLA and subsequently PLAN induction let alone being available to PN.

Will believe it when it happens. Right now PLAN is not even equipped with HQ-16B. And a jump from 70km to 160km in the same from factor is a little hard to believe in such a short span of time. So even if its a real thing (not convinced) it is probably a few years away from PLA and subsequently PLAN induction let alone being available to PN.
This is a very simple reason, the latest 054A has AESA guidance radar,
The display boards of hq-16a and ha-16b at Zhuhai Air Show never mentioned having AESA guidance radar,
So the only AESA guidance radar that can match the latest 054A is the HQ-16F.

As for the hq-16b, this is the signal used by the Army. This model appeared in the Army during the Zhurihe exercise in 2017.
hq-16b.jpg

HQ-16A and HQ-16B are land-based variants.
Yes, the Navy uses the HQ-16, but it is said that the Navy has a Hongqi-16c similar to the HQ-16b with a range of 70km. But considering the 054A was using a 40km MR90 until the latest batch. I doubt it.
However, after the emergence of hq-16f, due to its active seeker, it is no longer limited by the irradiation distance of MR90. If you change missles for the old version of 054a, you only need to change the software to have a range of 160km.

This is a very simple reason, the latest 054A has AESA guidance radar,
The display boards of hq-16a and ha-16b at Zhuhai Air Show never mentioned having AESA guidance radar,
So the only AESA guidance radar that can match the latest 054A is the HQ-16F.
What? I dont understand what you are saying... Are you imply that because the 054AP has an AESA radar it needs an AESA equipped missile? That is not how it works. The missiles can be guided by any FRC they are integrated with AESA or otherwise. While the SR2410C works as the multifunction (long range Air and surface detection/tracking radar and probably has targeting capabilities) the main surface to air FCR is the MR-90 Front Dome which tracks and provides updates for the SARH HQ-16A. EVEN if the targeting and tracking was done by SR2410C, the missile radar doesnt need to be AESA equipped. It needs a radar to provide it navigational updates via a 2 way datalink to get tonits moving target. Furthermore, IF the radar of the missile was an Active homing AESA, it would not need and AESA FCR to make it work either. It just needs a radar to tell it where to go and it will hunt the target on its own.
As for the hq-16b, this is the signal used by the Army. This model appeared in the Army during the Zhurihe exercise in 2017.
View attachment 893668
I didnt say PLA didnt adopt tge HQ-16B. I said PLAN has not be equipped with it... Meaning as of yet, the HQ-16B or HHQ-16B (which i dont think is an actual destination) or thr LY-80NB or however you want to call it, has not yet been inducted to the People's Liberation Army Navy. That means no PLAN Type 054A has officially been refit with HQ-16B. SO If PLAN doesn't have it YET (not saying they won't in the future), then How would PN have it?

What? I dont understand what you are saying... Are you imply that because the 054AP has an AESA radar it needs an AESA equipped missile? That is not how it works. The missiles can be guided by any FRC they are integrated with AESA or otherwise. While the SR2410C works as the multifunction (long range Air and surface detection/tracking radar and probably has targeting capabilities) the main surface to air FCR is the MR-90 Front Dome which tracks and provides updates for the SARH HQ-16A. EVEN if the targeting and tracking was done by SR2410C, the missile radar doesnt need to be AESA equipped. It needs a radar to provide it navigational updates via a 2 way datalink to get tonits moving target. Furthermore, IF the radar of the missile was an Active homing AESA, it would not need and AESA FCR to make it work either. It just needs a radar to tell it where to go and it will hunt the target on its own.

I didnt say PLA didnt adopt tge HQ-16B. I said PLAN has not be equipped with it... Meaning as of yet, the HQ-16B or HHQ-16B (which i dont think is an actual destination) or thr LY-80NB or however you want to call it, has not yet been inducted to the People's Liberation Army Navy. That means no PLAN Type 054A has officially been refit with HQ-16B. SO If PLAN doesn't have it YET (not saying they won't in the future), then How would PN have it?
No, I mean the latest 054A why needs to be equipped with aesa guidance radar? Unless the missile used by the latest 054A needs to be equipped with aesa guidance radar to play its performance.

Back
Top Bottom