What's new

Pakistan-Turkey 4 Milgem Ada Class Corvettes Contract - Construction started

IMHO...When the PN picked the CAMM-ER, I think MBDA Italy said, "we can guarantee this VLS right now, but we'll work on getting approvals for the SYLVER in the mean time." So the PN probably went with what's sure (and avoid T129-type issues), but it's still hoping for the SYLVER.

@Akh1112 The CAMM-ER isn't tied to one specific VLS type.

The end-user can ask for Mk41 or SYLVER. It's possible that the Turkish VLS can also be an option for this provided it meets the missile's specifications and someone pays up for NREs of integrating it.

It isnt certified yet for numerous types, just ExLS at the moment from memory, potentially MK41
What does the picture show?

the worlds stupidest VLS design, a system on par weight and dimensions wise to MK41 while providing 1/4th the max missile capacity.

Whatever case, can we all agree the project manager for the PN MILGEM hates his life with all of these random scope changes. Man joined thinking it'd be a carbon copy version of Turkey's ASW Ada, but then added VLS, enlarged the ship, and now changed the SAMs multiple times. @SQ8

:D

the worlds stupidest VLS design, a system on par weight and dimensions wise to MK41 while providing 1/4th the max missile capacity.
Which one is it, does it have a name? And any idea what ship it is on , in the picture?

It isnt certified yet for numerous types, just ExLS at the moment from memory, potentially MK41

We still don't know for sure that either Sylver-A43 was being followed in first place.
It was either the combo of H/AKJ-16 and HHQ-16, or GWS-26 and CAMM-ER. PN eventually followed the better of two.

We still don't know for sure that either Sylver-A43 was being followed in first place.
It was either the combo of H/AKJ-16 and HHQ-16, or GWS-26 and CAMM-ER. PN eventually followed the better of two.

i measured the VLS cutout and its exactly the dimensions of the a43. Also, if it was to follow this arrangement we would have seen two smaller offset cutouts as opposed to one large centralized cutout

So all these 4 have same weaponry specifications or we can see some change

I don't think it's a good idea to carve out any solid answer based upon a 'loosely made' CGI model.

i measured the VLS cutout and its exactly the dimensions of the a43. Also, if it was to follow this arrangement we would have seen two smaller offset cutouts as opposed to one large centralized cutout

Whatever case, can we all agree the project manager for the PN MILGEM hates his life with all of these random scope changes. Man joined thinking it'd be a carbon copy version of Turkey's ASW Ada, but then added VLS, enlarged the ship, and now changed the SAMs multiple times. @SQ8

All we want is a quad packed (at least) 16 cell VLS and an AESA :)

Last edited:

All we want is a quad packed (at least) 16 cell VLS and an AESA :)
PN MILGEM Meeting

Turkish Project Manager: So, this is a streamlined anti-sub corvette?

PN Admiral: Yes, we are finalizing the requirements. Speak to the Commodore?

PN Commodore: *reading Defence.pk*

@JamD @Yasser76

Im talking about satellite imagery.

Where would you get satellite imagery of VLS that isn't even installed yet? Which is what tipu is referring to. i.e. The pictures of pakistani milgem should not be taken as accurate models but only as loosely made CGI.

Where would you get satellite imagery of VLS that isn't even installed yet? Which is what tipu is referring to. i.e. The pictures of pakistani milgem should not be taken as accurate models but only as loosely made CGI.

The cutout for the VLS...

But yes, nobody is arguing that they are nothing more than just cgi for now, hence why i said reality seems different

You won't believe it, but some geeks in military do keep an eye on this forum for some ideas.
PN MILGEM Meeting

Turkish Project Manager: So, this is a streamlined anti-sub corvette?

PN Admiral: Yes, we are finalizing the requirements. Speak to the Commodore?

PN Commodore: *reading Defence.pk*

@JamD @Yasser76

Back
Top Bottom