What's new

Pakistan-Turkey 4 Milgem Ada Class Corvettes Contract - Construction started

I class detail design image

ad2d8db4-7587-4a61-8877-77176e879737-jpeg.611325

Apparently China overproduced the Type 56 corvette, how much cheaper would those be to supplement these ships? Could be fitted similarly perhaps.

Just curious, why no VLS for AShM?

Makes no advantage over traditional launching pads. I know US has its new anti-ship missile VLS compatible but they are not likely to fit them into tubes either. Even for certain scenarios, it might come with disadvantages. Either you give up from missile's range or from deck space in the hull. Turkish Naval Forces has an ongoing VLS program under development but they only want it for surface-to-air missiles and cruise missiles.

Makes no advantage over traditional launching pads. I know US has its new anti-ship missile VLS compatible but they are not likely to fit them into tubes either. Even for certain scenarios, it might come with disadvantages. Either you give up from missile's range or from deck space in the hull. Turkish Naval Forces has an ongoing VLS program under development but they only want it for surface-to-air missiles and cruise missiles.
All of SAMs, AShMs, SGMs, ASROCs, and so on can be put into the same VLS.

Back
Top Bottom