What's new

Pakistan tour of England 2016-News and Discussions

1173822-Cartoonsabirnazarstseptember-1472666057-959-640x480.JPG

@Arsalan , definitely some positives out of the series. New coach certainly has an idea now and knows what to do next. We need power hitters, preferably the likes of Sohaib Maqsood-clean strikers, coming in the last 10-20 overs and giving the innings that boost. We need to stick with Sharjeel for some time, he has potential. I wouldn't mind going with Azhar opening with him and Hafeez at number 3. I think we really missed Hafeez.

@Arsalan , definitely some positives out of the series. New coach certainly has an idea now and knows what to do next. We need power hitters, preferably the likes of Sohaib Maqsood-clean strikers, coming in the last 10-20 overs and giving the innings that boost. We need to stick with Sharjeel for some time, he has potential. I wouldn't mind going with Azhar opening with him and Hafeez at number 3. I think we really missed Hafeez.
I would say that the days of power hitters coming in last 10-12 overs to give a boost are gone. Teams are are playing big hitters in top bottom and middle order. We will need two good openers (that is not Azhar). For me two players like Sharjeel. Then at one down i would want another guys who can EASILY go at run a ball and averages of 30-40 or there about. Then it is Azhar to play the role of an anchor in case of early wickets he can be supported by that one down (100 strike rate batsman) or the the player to come after Azhar (i-e is at number 5 and comes with again that run a ball capability). After that there are two zrazy hitters who can on there days just hit it out of the park and are able to bowl a bit as well. I would say Iman, Rizwan and Nawaz suite in these two spots plus if we can find a medium pacer all rounder that is PERFECT!! Rest are your bowlers.

For me it should read like:

1. Sharjeel
  2. Sharjeel V2
  3. A 100 strike rate batsman
  4. Azhar
  5. A 100 Strike rate batsman (Rizwan/Imad/Nawaz)
  6. Saarfaraz (Wicket Keeper)
  7. All Rounder (Rizwaz/Imad/Nawaz or a good medium pace all rounder
  8. Bowler (with those huge swings of the bat/Fast Bowler)
  9. Bowler (with those huge swings of the bat/Fast Bowler)
  10. Bowler Spinner/Pace depending on conditions
  11. Bowler Pace
Now this is easier said then done. I have done is put in the REQUIRMENTS and it is no rocket science. The tough job is to put names to these slots. That is what we should do. I would go on an mention a few names as well, follow our domestic circuit to get more details but at the end of the day, what good all that effort will bring? We will be struck with our Shafiq's and Azhar's and Hafeez's anyway!!

Trust me dear, in fact, dont trust me, you KNOW this for your self. ODI have evolved, 320-340 is par score now and you cannot get there with three or four of your top 5 batsman batting at 75-80 strike rate!

I would say that the days of power hitters coming in last 10-12 overs to give a boost are gone. Teams are are playing big hitters in top bottom and middle order. We will need two good openers (that is not Azhar). For me two players like Sharjeel. Then at one down i would want another guys who can EASILY go at run a ball and averages of 30-40 or there about. Then it is Azhar to play the role of an anchor in case of early wickets he can be supported by that one down (100 strike rate batsman) or the the player to come after Azhar (i-e is at number 5 and comes with again that run a ball capability). After that there are two zrazy hitters who can on there days just hit it out of the park and are able to bowl a bit as well. I would say Iman, Rizwan and Nawaz suite in these two spots plus if we can find a medium pacer all rounder that is PERFECT!! Rest are your bowlers.

For me it should read like:

1. Sharjeel
  2. Sharjeel V2
  3. A 100 strike rate batsman
  4. Azhar
  5. A 100 Strike rate batsman (Rizwan/Imad/Nawaz)
  6. Saarfaraz (Wicket Keeper)
  7. All Rounder (Rizwaz/Imad/Nawaz or a good medium pace all rounder
  8. Bowler (with those huge swings of the bat/Fast Bowler)
  9. Bowler (with those huge swings of the bat/Fast Bowler)
  10. Bowler Spinner/Pace depending on conditions
  11. Bowler Pace
Now this is easier said then done. I have done is put in the REQUIRMENTS and it is no rocket science. The tough job is to put names to these slots. That is what we should do. I would go on an mention a few names as well, follow our domestic circuit to get more details but at the end of the day, what good all that effort will bring? We will be struck with our Shafiq's and Azhar's and Hafeez's anyway!!

Trust me dear, in fact, dont trust me, you KNOW this for your self. ODI have evolved, 320-340 is par score now and you cannot get there with three or four of your top 5 batsman batting at 75-80 strike rate!
Dude, Babar azam is one of the fewest solid players we have in the team. He is a genuine number 4 and has been performing and that too at a good strike rate. I don't mind Asad Shafiq as an opener, and maybe Azhar at 3. We need to make a place for Shafiq. He can come good in ODI's too.

Dude, Babar azam is one of the fewest solid players we have in the team. He is a genuine number 4 and has been performing and that too at a good strike rate. I don't mind Asad Shafiq as an opener, and maybe Azhar at 3. We need to make a place for Shafiq. He can come good in ODI's too.
Yeah Babar Azam can fit in as that 100 strike rate batsman. No doubt about that.

Shafiq? good in ODI?
Sir i am saying that the days of 70 strike rate batsmen are GONE. Koi chance ni, Azhar is a necessary evil as i am not sure if the new guys can be solid enough. Once they are all set i will like him replaced by a fast player as well. We WONT win matches with Azhar scoring 80 runs of 110 balls in modern ODI. That NEVER happens janab. You score than less than run a ball then it is criminal in modern ODI.

I find Hafeez to be technically deficient. In any country out side of Pakistan and UAE, where the ball keeps slow and possibly does not rise, he is OK, but he will struggle on bouncy and swinging wickets. He needs to be gone or brought down the order as a Bowler who can bat. That is once his action gets cleared.

It was a great tour for Pakistan. Biggest positive was no controversy finally.

Back
Top Bottom