What's new

Pakistan to start exporting mangoes this week fetching over $75 million

Yes I have tasted many Indian, Pakistani and Mexican varieties but nothing comes close to the mangoes from my state.

Generally, most of the exports from India are Alphonso mangoes which are grown in the west coast of India. These have better shelf life and suitable for export.

View attachment 305641

If you get a chance following are the Indian varieties that you should try.

Thotapuri Mango - If you prefer raw unriped mangoes then look no further. These does not need salt and chilli power to go with it unlike other sour varieties that are used for pickles.

View attachment 305642

If you like ripes mangoes but do not like the fiber stuck in your teeth and prefer sliced mango to be eaten with a spoon or fork then go for "Banganapalli" mangoes. These are called the king of the mangoes for a reason.

View attachment 305643

Finally, If you the like to enjoy eating the whole Mango with no tools (just hands and mouth) then this is the one. It is called "Cheruku Rasaalu" literally meaning sugar cane juices as they so sweet. You have to squeeze the fruit with the hands and suck the juice from the top. These are huge and most people cannot eat the whole mango.

View attachment 305645

Finally the "Pacchadi kaya" literally meaning the pickle mango These are very sour are and suitable for the famous Andhra mango pickles.

View attachment 305650
View attachment 305649

View attachment 305646

I have tried totta puri and beganphali mangoes but trust me nothing beats sindri and chaunsa. Moreover we have desi species called anwar ratol here in Pakistan and it is sweet as honey

Where did you eat them? Have you been to Hyderabad(Deccan)?

Are these exported to US?

No I have never been to Hyderabad Deccan as a matter of fact I have never been to India. I am from Pakistan and own a mango fruit farm. My grandfather did import a species back in 1940s from Allahabad India. My mangoes have never been exported to the US but Singapore and hong kong

Ever tasted Pakistani mangoes?....:-) @risingsinga @Desertfalcon @Kiss_of_the_Dragon @C130 @T-Rex @dadeechi @T-123456 @HAKIKAT

Season of mangoes is coming...Its summer time :yahoo:

C_71_article_1425291_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

I like mangoes from Philippines, Pakistan and Brazil. Each has its special taste. Pakistani mangoes are expensive here but I like them.

Yes I have tasted many Indian, Pakistani and Mexican varieties but nothing comes close to the mangoes from my state.

Generally, most of the exports from India are Alphonso mangoes which are grown in the west coast of India. These have better shelf life and suitable for export.

View attachment 305641

If you get a chance following are the Indian varieties that you should try.

Thotapuri Mango - If you prefer raw unriped mangoes then look no further. These does not need salt and chilli power to go with it unlike other sour varieties that are used for pickles.

View attachment 305642

If you like ripes mangoes but do not like the fiber stuck in your teeth and prefer sliced mango to be eaten with a spoon or fork then go for "Banganapalli" mangoes. These are called the king of the mangoes for a reason.

View attachment 305643

Finally, If you the like to enjoy eating the whole Mango with no tools (just hands and mouth) then this is the one. It is called "Cheruku Rasaalu" literally meaning sugar cane juices as they so sweet. You have to squeeze the fruit with the hands and suck the juice from the top. These are huge and most people cannot eat the whole mango.

View attachment 305645

Finally the "Pacchadi kaya" literally meaning the pickle mango These are very sour are and suitable for the famous Andhra mango pickles.

View attachment 305650
View attachment 305649

View attachment 305646
Indians mangoes are good too. I like them..they taste good and are cheap.

The nice mangoes will be eliminated now, such a pity but thumbs for the export up

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom