What's new

Pakistan to release 360 Indian prisoners in four phases through April

JohnyD

Reaction score
Country
India
Foreign Office spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal on Friday announced that Pakistan will be releasing 360 Indian prisoners over the month of April, a process which will be carried out in four phases.

"It is hoped that India will respond positively to this decision by Pakistan," Dr Faisal said while addressing his weekly briefing to the media in Islamabad.

Providing details regarding the release, the spokesperson said that currently there are 347 Pakistani prisoners in India and 537 Indian prisoners in Pakistan. Pakistan shall be releasing 360 Indian prisoners, of which 355 are fishermen and 5 are civilians.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1474111/p...indian-prisoners-in-four-phases-through-april

Good Gesture...Peace!

A bad decision..
I understand your anger towards India, but if you see most of the prisoners are fishermen...I have seen the fishermen's life very closely when I was in India, they work so hard and live simple life...these are humanitarian gestures which both sides should continue doing irrespective other side reciprocates or not.

I thank Pakistani authorities for making a decision to release fishermen.

-Peace

I understand your anger towards India, but if you see most of the prisoners are fishermen...I have seen the fishermen's life very closely when I was in India, they work so hard and live simple life...these are humanitarian gestures which both sides should continue doing irrespective other side reciprocates or not.

-Peace
Your pathetic shithole killed two Pakistani prisoners and we are releasing your prisoners is extremely stupid.

No, it a eating into our expenses, it's a smart move. Why should we feed, cloth, and provide a roof over their head? They should be deported and let Indians deal with them.
Man, 350 is not huge number and they are not living in first class jails rather in the lowest class which is available for common prisoners.

-Peace

And we understand india's hate towards Pakistan that's all good and dandy but the million dollar question as always is what is your govt going to do in return ? same gesture ?

Last edited:
Foreign Office spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal on Friday announced that Pakistan will be releasing 360 Indian prisoners over the month of April, a process which will be carried out in four phases.

"It is hoped that India will respond positively to this decision by Pakistan," Dr Faisal said while addressing his weekly briefing to the media in Islamabad.

Providing details regarding the release, the spokesperson said that currently there are 347 Pakistani prisoners in India and 537 Indian prisoners in Pakistan. Pakistan shall be releasing 360 Indian prisoners, of which 355 are fishermen and 5 are civilians.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1474111/p...indian-prisoners-in-four-phases-through-april

Good Gesture...Peace!

This is a great gesture by Pakistan. India will surely reciprocate to this goodwill gesture of Pakistan.

And we understand india's hate towards Pakistan that's all good and dandy but the million dollar as always is what is your govt going to do in return ? same gesture ?
Frankly, I have no say but I wish India does reciprocate, I read we have done goodwill releases earlier. Good thing that I came across is, in 2018 India & Pak have signed an agreement through which both countries get regular data from each other about the number of prisoners in their jail.

Its unimaginable to remain locked in another country's jail for years, far away from family...

Frankly, I have no say but I wish India does reciprocate, I read we have done goodwill releases earlier. Good thing that I came across is, in 2018 India & Pak have signed an agreement through which both countries get regular data from each other about the number of prisoners in their jail.

Its unimaginable to remain locked in another country's jail for years, far away from family...

I totally agree with you, but like I said is your country going to the same is the question. And frankly given the recent events after returning your pilot india has done nothing in return rather then talk about war which is not a easy game in this age. Sorry to say but your govt needs to come to its senses and give back a little when given from the other side. Both nations need to end this BS bloodshed it wont get both anywhere while the world laughs at us and makes money from us in arms simply.

Back
Top Bottom