What's new

Pakistan to raise drone issue at UN Human Rights Council

Halimi

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Pakistan to raise drone issue at UN Human Rights Council

Source: The International Spectator

Pakistan on Thursday said it would raise the issue of US drone strikes inside its territory at the United Nations Human Rights Council.

“We will go to the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) in Geneva if the drone strikes continue” Tasneem Aslam, the spokeswoman for the ministry of foreign affairs said in a weekly news conference.

The UN General Assembly passed a resolution on December 18 2013 calling on states using drone strikes as a counter-terrorism measure to comply with their obligations under international law and the UN Charter.

But in the latest US missile strike after the UN resolution, at least three people were killed late on Wednesday night in Miranshah in Pakistan’s northwestern tribal district of North Waziristan, which borders Afghanistan.

Pakistan’s foreign ministry condemned the fresh attack, terming it a violation of Pakistan’s sovereignty and territorial integrity.

Ties between the US and Pakistan have been seriously strained over US drone strikes in Pakistan’s tribal belt as well as over sanctuaries for Afghan Taliban insurgents inside its borders.

But human rights groups and Pakistani politicians say the missile attacks have killed innocent civilians and are a breach of sovereignty.

President Barack Obama has defended the drone strikes as an effective, lawful tool used with restraint to target suspected Al-Qaeda militants.

In recent weeks, activists opposed to the drone raids forcibly searched trucks in northwest Pakistan in a campaign to disrupt NATO supply routes through the Torkham gate border crossing.

The club-wielding protesters have prompted US officials to halt the shipments to protect the truck drivers.

Last month a US drone attack on a seminary linked to the feared Haqqani militant network in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province in the northwest killed at least six people.

The attack, which militant sources said killed the Haqqanis’ spiritual leader along with five others, was extremely unusual as it was mounted outside Pakistan’s lawless tribal areas on the Afghan border.

Drones should continue. What's wrong in it. US is doing a job that Pakistan should have completed long back. Instead of being thankful, you wanna appeal against it?

The US should increase the drone strikes and do it on the daily basis. It would be good for Pakistan and the region too.

P.S.
I am a bit sad about Pakistan's situation. Their sovereignty is being violated on a regular basis and they can't do anything other than complaining to the UN. We all should understand their frustration. I wish I could console them and help Pakistanis to get over this.

Drones should continue. What's wrong in it. US is doing a job that Pakistan should have completed long back. Instead of being thankful, you wanna appeal against it?

The US should increase the drone strikes and do it on the daily basis. It would be good for Pakistan and the region too.

P.S.
I am a bit sad about Pakistan's situation. Their sovereignty is being violated on a regular basis and they can't do anything other than complaining to the UN. We all should understand their frustration. I wish I could console them and help Pakistanis to get over this.
Are you talking about another Kashmir war? :disagree: Or maybe a coup? :omghaha:

Pakistanis like to go to UN for every issue. It wont make any difference...
Really? So protesting against death of innocent lives is wrong?
If "some" people take justice in their own hands, India says that is wrong
If we ask the UN as many Indians pointed out to "use proper channels" suddenly that is also wrong...

Sooo...how does this work when every option is wrong? :pop:

Well, I suggest it should cover India too and get those criminal minded people who were behind those bombings and unrest in India too!! Lets save India as a bonus, shall we? Then you can send you Thank you letter to Obama
And then you call us terrorist sympathizers?! While you have a murderous mindset! :blink:
The US should increase the drone strikes and do it on the daily basis. It would be good for Pakistan and the region too. P.S.
Welcome the drones and live in our shoes for even a day....oh and yes in that situation ask USA to increase and strike daily as per your idea!

Last edited:
Well, I suggest it should cover India too and get those criminal minded people who were behind those bombings and unrest in India too!! Lets save India as a bonus, shall we? Then you can send you Thank you letter to Obama
Once every terrorist is killed in Pakistan, there will be no terrorists heaven and no camps. Problem solved for entire region. That's what the US is doing ma friend.

And then you call us terrorist sympathizers?! While you have a murderous mindset! :blink:
If this mindset is to kill the terrorists who kill innocents, then I would like to have such mindset. I support daily drone strikes in Pakistan. It would be nice for you too.

Welcome the drones and live in our shoes for even a day....oh and yes in that situation ask USA to increase and strike daily as per your idea!
I wish I could. But unfortunately we do not have terrorists training camps and we do not provide safe heavens to terrorists. But I understand your frustration because of US violating your sovereignty on a regular basis. I would have felt so insulted had it happened to India.

But like they say, you reap what you sow, and karma is a ...... you know ...

Are you talking about another Kashmir war? :disagree: Or maybe a coup? :omghaha:
:omghaha:
lol

lol

Once every terrorist is killed in Pakistan, there will be no terrorists heaven and no camps. Problem solved for entire region. That's what the US is doing ma friend.
I didnt know for every terrorist killing 10-20 civilians is justifiable if the Germans did such a thing or Japanese...people all over the world would be crying...

If this mindset is to kill the terrorists who kill innocents, then I would like to have such mindset. I support daily drone strikes in Pakistan. It would be nice for you too.
BTW, drones are also killing "innocents" as much as the terrorists!

I wish I could. But unfortunately we do not have terrorists training camps and we do not provide safe heavens to terrorists. But I understand your frustration because of US violating your sovereignty on a regular basis. I would have felt so insulted had it happened to India.
Ok, take the drones, tolerate them with a zipped mouth for 1 month then I want to talk to you...
But like they say, you reap what you sow, and karma is a ...... you know ...
Well Karma will also come to thsoe like you who support deaths of innocents (by drones) disgusting human being :sick:

I didnt know for every terrorist killing 10-20 civilians is justifiable if the Germans did such a thing or Japanese...people all over the world would be crying...

Wrong wrong, Pakistani govt. Thinks otherwise

Pakistan cites fewer civilian deaths in US drone strikes - World - The Boston Globe

Again, your informations is incorrect.

Ok, take the drones, tolerate them with a zipped mouth for 1 month then I want to talk to you...
Well Karma will also come to thsoe like you who support deaths of innocents (by drones) disgusting human being :sick:

Why should a innocent person feel the pain of a jailed thief?

Yea this cite is better than UN analysis :unsure:

Yup hindustan times tells better tales :whistle:

I dont know which country calls children as jailed thief?
It has to be better, cause it's the Pakistani govt. Stand.. Only 67 of the 2000 odd killed were civilians.

Oh dragging irrelevant topics seems to be your forte...

Oh my my, it seems you lack comprehension skills too... Can you try to understand what I meant? Read slowly, chew on it and reply..

P.S.

incursion in Kashmir should continue also, I am saddened that it violates India's sovereignty and worst part is India cant do much about it but if it helps Kashmir cause and saves million of innocent kashimiris from India's rape squad and unlike Drones strikes that are being done by a super power these incursion are being done by a third world poor country with broken economy...such a sad state of affairs...even crying like a old village woman doesn't help either....ulta unki Ambassador ke cavities check kerna shuru ho gye...yeh hay tumhari asli auqat

Last edited:
I dont think its "1:10 or 1:20" ratio. Its much lower than that. samantk already provided the link.

And you guys are responsible for these civilian deaths too. You supported the terrorists all along. Now they became so strong that they dont even listen to you. You dont even wanna kill them. So the US drone strikes are justified. Someone has to pay the price, no?

I wish you had never supported the terrorists. Thats all I can say.

You wanted to use them for killing innocent Indians, but unfortunately for you, those terrorists (and Amreekis too) are killing innocent Pakistanis these days. I told ya, Karma is a ........

I dont support any innocent killings. I support killing the terrorists. Drones are doing much better job than your army and police. I dont see any reason why we should oppose these drone attacks.

And like I said, we will never have to live such disgusted life where in someone is violating our sovereignty on a regular basis. Why? Because we dont support the terrorists. You do. Karma is a......

It has to be better, cause it's the Pakistani govt. Stand.. Only 67 of the 2000 odd killed were civilians.
Now lets take that report true...You find 67 Only? But when it is 1 Hindu girl being mistreated or 1 minority....and the news revolving around that...its fine...Soo how do you balance this? Is there a formula or something? You know If USA does 67 its fine... but GOD FORBID even 1 Pakistani minority goes through a tragedy?

Drones kill innocents as well. But since Pakistan is not man hunting terrorists themselves US is forced to go that way.

I dont think its "1:10 or 1:20" ratio. Its much lower than that. samantk already provided the link.

And you guys are responsible for these civilian deaths too. You supported the terrorists all along. Now they became so strong that they dont even listen to you. You dont even wanna kill them. So the US drone strikes are justified. Someone has to pay the price, no?
1stly, America equipped them for war between Russia and Afghan...why do you think the American govt went against their Democratic population and UN who were against the war to clear the mess....

2ndly, You cant judge while sitting on the other side of the border....come here and see...When you get blown up we will remember to ship you back...
I wish you had never supported the terrorists. Thats all I can say.

You wanted to use them for killing innocent Indians, but unfortunately for you, those terrorists (and Amreekis too) are killing innocent Pakistanis these days. I told ya, Karma is a ........
its worthless to talk to one who has his mindset to killing....Since you have never seen a dead body or seen a bomb blast victim you can blab whatever crap you want!

I dont support any innocent killings. I support killing the terrorists.
Support whatever you want in your own country...I dont support any form of killing ...America made a mess and is trying to cover it up the wrong way...I wont bend like a spineless slave and agree to the new mess they are making....by making new "terrorist" by killing families and the survivors wanting revenge...so if you dont have a brain...kindly stop craping about!
Drones are doing much better job than your army and police. I dont see any reason why we should oppose these drone attacks.
Thats why I said you are welcome to have them all....
And like I said, we will never have to live such disgusted life where in someone is violating our sovereignty on a regular basis. Why? Because we dont support the terrorists. You do. Karma is a......
You do support this new form of "terrorism" (where they are terrorizing anyone they want) coz you are scared to voice out the truth...and crying why Pakistan is voicing to UN....Sorry I dont talk to chickens!

Yea, I am waiting for karma to bite you! INSHALLAH

incursion in Kashmir should continue also, I am saddened that it violates India's sovereignty and worst part is India cant do much about it but if it helps Kashmir cause and saves million of innocent kashimiris from India's rape squad and unlike Drones strikes that are being done by a super power these incursion are being done by a third world poor country with broken economy...such a sad state of affairs...even crying like a old village woman doesn't help either....ulta unki Ambassador ke cavities check kerna shuru ho gye...yeh hay tumhari asli auqat
Yaar Pappu, tu toh bura maan gaya.

The same Kashmir attitude has got you where you are. You see, its all related.

Had you never supported those terrorists, to use them in Kashmir against India, no drone strikes would have taken place. But you still wish to do it, then I dont think drone strikes will be stopped anytime soon.

And you are comparing ambassador's arrest - with - drone strikes which kill Pakistanis?

Back
Top Bottom