What's new

Pakistan to privatise 31 entities to meet IMF bailout clause

pakistan should allow India to invest in pakistan so that we both can benefit.

If only...it would help lower tensions too. If Nawaz is serious about peace with India, then we'll see direct Indian investment in Pakistan by the end of his term.

Where are those duffers who elected noora league?

Nawaz is 10 times worst than Zardari, he does every thing silently & fool the people.

Forget about IMF, this should have been done long long time ago....!

P.S.Whenver PIA, KPT, PQA, KESC, and Steel Mills is listed for privatization you can expect Karachittes/MQM supporters to cry. The truth is they and their relatives had their jobs secure and for years they have been doing nothing but destroying these entities.

We are not bankrupt, atleast our govt didn't shutdown.

The American Govt shut down because elected officials couldnt reach a vote on budget allotments.

He is mad or what?
  • Civil Aviation Authority
  • Karachi Port Trust
  • Port Qasim Authority
  • National Highway

These should not be privatized at all.????
Rather I would what to know that will HMC going to be privatized or not???
The financial sector entities selected for sale in the first phase include National Bank of Pakistan, First Women Bank, Small and Medium Enterprises Bank, National Investment Trust Limited, National Insurance Company Limited, Pakistan Reinsurance Company Limited, State Life Insurance Corporation and House Building Finance Corporation.
These above mentioned Financial institutes should be 100% privatized......
Answer me....

Why would you privatize the Civil Aviation Authority, that's like the US government privatizing the FAA.

Karachi Port Trust? Port Qasim Authority? The only problem with these are that the idiots in management cant seem to get containers through.

P.S.Whenver PIA, KPT, KESC, and Steel Mills is listed for privatization you can expect Karachittes/MQM supporters to cry. The truth is they and their relatives had their jobs secure and for years they have been doing nothing but destroying these entities.
Karachites? Don't talk without a single clue:

1. Karachi is a city of more than 10 million, there is no way these organisations can provide jobs to significant number of Karachites for it to have any significant impact.

2. Most Karachites are employed by private sector.

3. I don't want to offend any ethinic group of Pakistan but you need to take a tour of these organisations to see who fills them up and who were given political bhartis during "democratic" days.

4. Most Karachites being professionals employed in private sectors or being business folks want the economic situation to be improved and these organisations privatised.

Apanay andar ke tasub ko nikal do it's hurting the country and stop yolking Karachites with MQM.

P.S.Whenver PIA, KPT, PQA, KESC, and Steel Mills is listed for privatization you can expect Karachittes/MQM supporters to cry. The truth is they and their relatives had their jobs secure and for years they have been doing nothing but destroying these entities.

most of the army of low class employees, i have seen either in jinnah terminal or KPT they all are punjabis, i have no clue what you are talking about dear

what about railway? who has destroyed the railway? are those MQM workers too?

a noora makes a metric pass the managing director of PIA and you come whining about MQM?

Actually its a good idea. Indian and Chinese investment could help Pakistani economy a lot.

I partially agree, Pakistan should encourage Chinese Investment.

Indian Investment in Pakistan ? Not on your life, ain't gonna happen.

Setup by PPP & job about to get completed by PML-N. PIA & Railway were open target for PPP from day one.

Selling all of them under patwari rule is going to enable mega corruption to enter Pakistan.

I'm fine with this privatization as far as its done transparently, otherwise I'm afraid most of these entities will end up in hands of sharif family and co, that too at very cheap rates..

a noora makes a metric pass the managing director of PIA and you come whining about MQM?

I second that, there is no excuse of govt's incompetency or willingness to destroy a national asset. They bragged about merit in their whole election campaign and this is what we have now.

PPP was busy 5 years destroying these national assets and now noora will be busy selling them and make big $$$ via kickbacks and corruption.. These 2 parties have literally ruined our country...

I'm fine with this privatization as far as its done transparently, otherwise I'm afraid most of these entities will end up in hands of sharif family and co, that too at very cheap rates..

I second that, there is no excuse of govt's incompetency or willingness to destroy a national asset. They bragged about merit in their whole election campaign and this is what we have now.

PPP was busy 5 years destroying these national assets and now noora will be busy selling them and make big $$$ via kickbacks and corruption.. These 2 parties have literally ruined our country...

They should sell up the financial institutions including National Savings in the first step and invest the money gained by it build dams in Sindh and Balochistan. Also then they should sell 39% share of Corporations along with 11% shares in Pakistani Stocks....

They should sell up the financial institutions including National Savings in the first step and invest the money gained by it build dams in Sindh and Balochistan. Also then they should sell 39% share of Corporations along with 11% shares in Pakistani Stocks....

What about Punjab ? :pissed:

So are you a Pakistani ? :what:

If so then whats up with the flags ? :undecided:

If not then whats up with so much personalized interest & info about Pakistan ? :unsure:

They should, but the question is whether they WILL?? And that's a big question, a concern perhaps..

What about Punjab ? :pissed:

So are you a Pakistani ? :what:

If so then whats up with the flags ? :undecided:

If not then whats up with so much personalized interest & info about Pakistan ? :unsure:

My Grand Fathers belongs to Pakistan and they moved to Azerbaijan in 1980s.... Still Love Pakistan and I used to come to Islamabad as well as Muree few years ago when there was peace as some of my relatives live there too...

My Grand Fathers belongs to Pakistan and they moved to Azerbaijan in 1980s.... Still Love Pakistan and I used to come to Islamabad as well as Muree few years ago when there was peace as some of my relatives live there too...

Being a Pakistani is state of mind. You can be Pakistani by birth for generations and still be her enemy. For example followers of JI & Hizbe Tehrir who want to destroy Pakistan and establish a Dark Age pan Islamic Emirate in its place.

You are most welcome. Anyone who loves Pakistan is my brother.

Back
Top Bottom