What's new

Pakistan To Participate In Turkey’s TFX Next-Gen Fighter Aircraft Program

anyone has info on number hard points? internal or external.

will it carry western weapons only?

IRST and other targeting or ecm pods will be local? will ASELSAN make all this?

Engine is an issue, not single or twin engined but 3rd party engine, EFT engine?, just like JF-17 scene.

PAF may need a version which can communicate with its Chinese and SAAB AWACS and maybe carry Chinese weapons too.

Even for future it is quite practical. Even Lockheed made F-35 with one engine.
Oh it sure is practical! The single engine plane i mean. What i am saying is that is it NOT necessarily that we will decide not to procure a system just because it is twin engine in the future.

It is worth mentioning that the turkish official present at the launch of PN Fleet Tanker mentioned that soon turkey and Pakistan will build fighter planes and that turkish planes will fly ovet Pakistani skies and Pakistan planes will fly over turkish skies. He clearly pointed towards turkeys indigenous fifth gen program.

It is worth mentioning that the turkish official present at the launch of PN Fleet Tanker mentioned that soon turkey and Pakistan will build fighter planes and that turkish planes will fly ovet Pakistani skies and Pakistan planes will fly over turkish skies. He clearly pointed towards turkeys indigenous fifth gen program.

I doubt TuAF will be interested in JF-17

Posters like these try to pass off total Cow dung as actual knowledge by trying to sound confident. Your best bet is to report them for parroting trash as this one is right now and let us handle the rest.
You mean a majority of the Indians on PDF?

A suggestion: Have some kind of MOD stamp of approval/disapproval badge affixed to the member mini profile that appears with every post within the technical forums.

Great news if come to fruition though one thing for sure, the Aviation City at Kamra is not for selfies indeed. In very controlled manners, it has been expressed that there is something going to be Next Generation Fighter so seems like a JV most probably and going for TFX would be beneficial as well while keeping in view the pocket which is the concern for the moment.

This is an inevitable step. Pakistan opts to receive western standard equipment via Turkey, with little or no political strings attached. The Chinese equipment will only sell in the future when obscenely subsidized by loans.
Its rather because we can't buy western equipment, so it feels good to have a western tag on whatever we buy.

Its rather because we can't buy western equipment, so it feels good to have a western tag on whatever we buy.
are you serious uk is involved in this project with its engines and have intent to make it their next typhoon what else do you need to tag a project western

Great news if come to fruition though one thing for sure, the Aviation City at Kamra is not for selfies indeed. In very controlled manners, it has been expressed that there is something going to be Next Generation Fighter so seems like a JV most probably and going for TFX would be beneficial as well while keeping in view the pocket which is the concern for the moment.
Aircraft manufacturing and designing is a luxury. Had PAF had enough money, we would have already seen another platform making her way to Kamra. These are just things good for news for now. For a successful TFX, turkey would need at first sufficient experience of assembling and manufacturing JSF to see what would they need in their TFX and what not.

are you serious uk is involved in this project with its engines and have intent to make it their next typhoon what else do you need to tag a project western
Engine is a sub component of any fighter project and proceeds separately from the development course of the aircraft. JSF,JFT,J-10,J-20,PAK-FA,J-31,J-11X you name it, they all had intended engines different from the ones used for operational purpose and were not linked with the development of specific engine for the program. With the presence of EuroJet,GE and P&W, if you really believe that they'd look at the engine alone as a main contender, i'd say good luck. As a possible alternative, why not but as a main workhorse, I am very doubtful.
PS (Amendment):
Its actually the opposite, as i was saying. UK has offered EJ-200 for TFX, not designing or procuring of TFX's prospective engine for Typhoons.
http://www.defensenews.com/story/de...engine-for-turkish-made-fighter-jet/76890154/

Last edited:
Oh it sure is practical! The single engine plane i mean. What i am saying is that is it NOT necessarily that we will decide not to procure a system just because it is twin engine in the future.
Considering cost factor, maintenance requirements and economic situation of the country, single engine fighter plane is practical for Pakistan and will remain so for years to come.

We invest in army, air-force and navy from time to time; therefore, we need to adopt a balanced-investment approach for our defense-related needs.

Ambitious airforce-related projects can be extremely expensive in the long-term.

Good luck ...

But TFX project needs money !

Back
Top Bottom