What's new

Pakistan to let Americans and Afghans transit through Karachi

There has been no official confirmation, we shouldn't forget that.

Transiting troops are more like tourists rather than a division of army stationed. The title says "stationed", while that will clearly not be the case. Stationed implies some sort of autonomy to function. These troops will have none. They will be housed until flights can be scheduled for them to fly to where ever they need to go. We will make money by providing them services. 4K soldiers are not enough to take over Karachi, don't worry. Besides I doubt they will even have vehicles to get around in. So if anyone who thinks these soldiers are gonna walk out of their secure sleeping quarters, and walk to Karachi and take over is nuts.

Despite popular PDF belief, Pakistan and NATO/US are allies. And as weird of a relationship we have, as "allies" we will help them get out of Afghanistan. Hopefully Karachi will get some good publicity and these soldiers will spend some money on Food Panda or something lol 😂. More realistically I don't think we will get anything out of it. What we need most right now is good publicity. And I don't think there will be any western media reports on how nice we are being by giving them a safe spot. That said, the human to human bond that Pakistan will make with all these soldiers will remain. These soldiers will remember what we did for them once. Same goes for western journalists who are being accommodated for. People will remember. As for materials goods. Thats anyones guess. If the US was gonna release the Zulus for us, they would do it even without this event.

Finally, it really begs the question. Why a short stay in Pakistan. Why couldn't they be taken to various US bases in the region. Didn't they plan this properly! But if it turns out that they really needed our help due to some logistical problem, then no problem. We do deserve more details though!

Salahuddin spared lives when he captured Jerusalem. And ensured safe passage!
Makes little sense. This is not transit. A flight from Kabul to KHI is hardly different in nature of a flight from Kabul to Qatar, or Bahrain, or UAE, all of which have US bases. If this news is true then it will be a stationing which knowing the US will last longer than anyone thinks.

Last edited:
Thank You.
It's a very good step by GOP especially after today's bombing. EU and US are our important partners both trade and diplomatic let them be comfortable in Pakistan
Makes little sense. This is not transit. A flight from Kabul to KHI is hardly different in nature of a flight from Kabul to Qatar, or Bahrain, or UAE, all of which have US bases. If this news is true then it will be a stationing which knowing the US will last longer than anyone thinks.
There nothing to worry about

Last edited:
the moment they evacuated these "Soldiers" they will again blame pakistan for everything.... My countrymen are just too optimistic.

If this news is true it will be disastrous for Pakistan. There is absolutely no reason for US troops to be stationed in Pakistan. I dont find this news credible.

What does concern me however (and gives some credence to this news) is that both Karachi (consulate) and especially ISB (embassies) have massive housing facilities that can literally accommodate 100s of people (if not thousands). This was a security issue raised by our Intel orgs during Mush's time, when the US requested the approval of the plans for ISB embassy. Many then had raised this issue, and unfortunately our supreme leader did not feel it was worth a bother. I am just concerned that under the guise of embassy/consulate staff US is positioning troops (in a wink wink nod nod way - where all parties know but will not ask loudly).
No troops are going to be stationed here
Certain media houses in Pakistan are known for sensationalism

Keeping them in private hotels and their planes in a commercial airport = a land version of a naval shore leave.

Had they been kept in a PAF base phir baat hoti stationing ki.

The incompetence of Biden administration is astounding. Trump had the good sense to work with both India and Pakistan, and it served US interests well. Biden is a season politician but he seems utterly lost.

If we're doing this for money and development, station them in Gwadar instead. It'll give BRI legitimacy.
The airport there is too small, and there aren’t that many hotel rooms there.

Lastly it’s too close to Iran.

US has huge presence in UAE, their Visa processing office is there. Heck, UAE has literally empty skyscrappers unused that could be used for accomodation.

But Pakistani leadership has to be slave everytime.

4,000 troops is too much. They already have a fortress in Islamabad with next gen surveillience equipment.

What guarantees that there will be no insurgents, combat spies roaming in the streets of Islamabad and Karachi?

---

Mere khayal se poora mulk hi karaye per dedo. At least it would be an open submission, not hypocritical.

East India company remnants are still here centuries later.

Will these Americans be safe for to stay in our hotels as we to have a terrorists problem

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom