What's new

Pakistan to induct 4 Chinese Airborne Refullers - PAF Chief

SBD-3

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
LONDON: Pakistan Air Force plans to induct four Chinese airborne refullers next year, in a move to counter the Indian Air Forces' enhanced capabilities after New Delhi acquired six similar aircraft, the PAF chief has said.

Air Chief Marshal Qamar Suleman underlined that the airborne refullers were necessary to match the IAF, six years after India acquired six similar aircraft.

"This is an absolutely new capability we are getting, which we are inducting. We never had this capability in the Pakistan Air force," Suleman told the Jane's Defence Weekly.

He said to match the Indian Air Force's acquisition of the first of three Airborne Warning and Control Systems (AWACS), his force would receive four Chinese systems between 2011 and 2012.

He also termed as "alarming" the IAF's intention of purchasing 126 medium multi-role combat aircraft, saying Pakistan needed "to have something matching.

LONDON: Pakistan Air Force plans to induct four Chinese airborne refullers next year, in a move to counter the Indian Air Forces' enhanced capabilities after New Delhi acquired six similar aircraft, the PAF chief has said.

Air Chief Marshal Qamar Suleman underlined that the airborne refullers were necessary to match the IAF, six years after India acquired six similar aircraft.

"This is an absolutely new capability we are getting, which we are inducting. We never had this capability in the Pakistan Air force," Suleman told the Jane's Defence Weekly.

He said to match the Indian Air Force's acquisition of the first of three Airborne Warning and Control Systems (AWACS), his force would receive four Chinese systems between 2011 and 2012.

He also termed as "alarming" the IAF's intention of purchasing 126 medium multi-role combat aircraft, saying Pakistan needed "to have something matching.

good news :tup: but wasnt pakistan getting IL78 (ukrainian refullers) as well. i mean these four chinese refulers are other than IL78 or ...sanctioned?

regards

good news :tup: but wasnt pakistan getting IL78 (ukrainian refullers) as well. i mean these four chinese refulers are other than IL78 or ...sanctioned?

regards

me also confused with the news.

@hasnain0099!

I think you forget to give us source. It is encouraging to see PAF is looking closely to IAF's MMRCA.:pakistan:

I believe the "Chinese" word has been used by mistake as China has converted H-6 bomber into an air re fuellers role, which would mean PA to induct another new type of aircraft with Russian engines. Not possible, till China makes its own air tanker aircraft or any other indigenous aircraft which can be changed to this role.

PAF chief must be referring to the IL-78 gotten from Ukraine as these are the only 4 air tankers we would be inducting by next year.

This is very new information. What kind of airborne refullers.

PAF already have 2 Il-78 and 2 are on order.

PAF is getting 4 KJ-200 AEW&C in 2010/11

I heard that PAF is thinking seriously abt Indian MRCA. PAF may order 50 to 60 western MRCA right after Indian order.
PAF might also order 30 more J-10B.

I believe the "Chinese" word has been used by mistake as China has converted H-6 bomber into an air re fuellers role, which would mean PA to induct another new type of aircraft with Russian engines. Not possible, till China makes its own air tanker aircraft or any other indigenous aircraft which can be changed to this role.

PAF chief must be referring to the IL-78 gotten from Ukraine as these are the only 4 air tankers we would be inducting by next year

Remember the Il is not manufactured in Ukraine, the "fitting" for the tanker role is done by Ukrainian company(I don't know which one) and there are a lot Il76, a lot, parked in Uzbekistan, Kyrzgistan and Kazkhastan -- so, it's conjecture, but maybe it will be the Chinese who will retrofit new Il78 for the tanker role.

I heard that PAF is thinking seriously abt Indian MRCA. PAF may order 50 to 60 western MRCA right after Indian order.
PAF might also order 30 more J-10B.

Not western, Probably Chinese MRCA (FC20) with western avionics

Remember the Il is not manufactured in Ukraine, the "fitting" for the tanker role is done by Ukrainian company(I don't know which one) and there are a lot Il76, a lot, parked in Uzbekistan, Kyrzgistan and Kazkhastan -- so, it's conjecture, but maybe it will be the Chinese who will retrofit new Il78 for the tanker role.

To me it is journalist rather PAF ACM who mis quote the source of oil tanker for PAF.

with IL78, JF17, J10, AEW&C projects in the pipeline, PAF can not all of sudden opt to get another new type of aircraft for their arsenal, i mean purchasing as well as maintaince costs will be too high. the news is most probably a mis quote by the journalist.

regards

with IL78, JF17, J10, AEW&C projects in the pipeline, PAF can not all of sudden opt to get another new type of aircraft for their arsenal, i mean purchasing as well as maintaince costs will be too high. the news is most probably a mis quote by the journalist.

regards

hmm agreed............

Now i get it. Why the world is not serious to solve Pakistan India issues. Because if they do they'll lose two important buyers of there Equipment.
India bought this so Pakistan is buying that. Pakistan made this so india will make that.

can any plz tell, when are we gona get AWACS from SAAB? i think it was due somewhere in the mid 2010. plus wats the total number of AWACS:what: eight:undecided: 4 from SAAB + 4 from china.:undecided:

great news ! :china::pakistan:
congrats see i always wanted pakistan to be strong in defence related resources we must have a look east,russia,china, south america & reliable european countries policy, sometimes the best might not be an feasible option but life does not ends there nahh even the 2nd best or even just good stuff is enough if we can use it with faith, knowledge, intelligence, instinct & confidence .

"himmat e mardan to madat e khuda"

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom