What's new

Pakistan to induct 4 Chinese Airborne Refullers - PAF Chief

can any plz tell, when are we gona get AWACS from SAAB? i think it was due somewhere in the mid 2010. plus wats the total number of AWACS:what: eight:undecided: 4 from SAAB + 4 from china.:undecided:

The first one equipped with the PS-890 radar is to arrive in Pakistan next month (October) IA.

No sanctiuoned, PAF already got 2 IL78. One in 2008 and second this year.

no, they were for evaluation porpose only. Mirages were used with them and now both of those Il78 have gone back!
here is a post by Mr. Growler
Yesterday i talked to flt LT from chaklala air base and asked him about the IL-78 story... he did tell me that 2 were here for only evaluation and testing purpose and both were returned back.. how ever PAF will lease 4 in near future.

now for me the problem part was the leasing one. as far as i know PAF was willing to buy four Il78 from Ukrain. i am confused that are these four that he is talking about are the same or some other deal??
anyhow i have also inquired him and will post the answer as soon as i get it or you may visit
http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/3776-transport-thread-4.html
it was post number 50 and you can follow the discussion there, i hope Growler will come up wiht an answer to clear the situation!!

regards!

anyhow guys, let us not get carried away,, it seem more like a miss quated report more then any thing else!!
i mean with four Il-78 refuelers finalized after evaluation and ready to be deleivered by next year, four new chines refueler do not fit in the picture!!!
specially keeping in mind that Il78 will be able to support both JF17 and FC20z!!

for me the more important remains the same,, the lease issue!!!!
i hope growler can clear it for us!!

regards!
regards!

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom