What's new

Pakistan to face economic sanctions if doesn't open NATO routes

Any country can impose 'unilateral sanctions', that is not really the point of this discussion is it?
I think the article mentions only sanctions not UN sponsored sanctions (International Community) but yeah even some big states can do much harm..

I am very happy it is clear to me that America needs routes to Afghanistan to fulfill their visions for our neighbourhood. Visions with which the countries that have borders with Afghanistan do not like.

It shows that Americans will have to bow to one if not all of Russia Iran and Pakistan lol

I was not off topic. You are. My response was to the assertions that America can do anything. Which has been proven to not be the case
See if you keep blocking the route and pushing America, maybe a small lever in their machine will not work but to think that they will stop the whole thing is day dreaming. They will get the supplies if not from your route but from some other and BTW you may invite sanctions, which may not effect you but but it does to the poor, stubbornness is not good always good..

See if you keep blocking the route and pushing America, maybe a small lever in their machine will not work but to think that they will stop the whole thing is day dreaming. They will get the supplies if not from your route but from some other and BTW you may invite sanctions, which may not effect you but but it does to the poor, stubbornness is not good always good..

Or alternatively we could liaise with Iran and Russia and demand what we want in our neighbourhood. Is Putin coming to Pakistan I heard??

Or alternatively we could liaise with Iran and Russia and demand what we want in our neighbourhood. Is Putin coming to Pakistan I heard??
Maybe you can do that, how can you be sure that they will help you?

esp when Iran and Russian are having issues with US..

But when those unilateral sanctions have an effect as much as or greater than the sanctions imposed by the U.N. Then I feel they must be considered.
Sanctions to that degree would most likely be a last resort by the US, since they would indicate a complete and total rupture of the US-Pak relationship.

My rationality may be beyond you at the moment. What I am saying is that China may be offered enough incentives in other areas to enable it to participate in the sanctions, having enough to decide which way is best serves its national interests, as part of the whole background work that goes into preparing a consensus.

perhaps you should look at the definition of rationality and see if that equates with Chengs rationality

In philosophy, rationality is the exercise of reason.[citation needed] It is the manner in which people derive conclusions when considering things deliberately. It refers to the conformity of one's beliefs with one's reasons to believe, or with one's actions with one's reasons for action. However, the term "rationality" tends to be used differently in different disciplines, including specialized discussions of economics, sociology, psychology and political science. A rational decision is one that is not just reasoned, but is also optimal for achieving a goal or solving a problem.

Determining optimality for rational behavior requires a quantifiable formulation of the problem, and the making of several key assumptions. When the goal or problem involves making a decision, rationality factors in how much information is available (e.g. complete or incomplete knowledge). Collectively, the formulation and background assumptions are the model within which rationality applies. Illustrating the relativity of rationality: if one accepts a model in which benefiting oneself is optimal, then rationality is equated with behavior that is self-interested to the point of being selfish; whereas if one accepts a model in which benefiting the group is optimal, then purely selfish behavior is deemed irrational. It is thus meaningless to assert rationality without also specifying the background model assumptions describing how the problem is framed and formulated.

Rationality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe you can do that, how can you be sure that they will help you?

esp when Iran and Russian are having issues with US..

So America will have to resolve the issues that it has with Russia Iran and or Pakistan

Putin is only coming for photo-ops. Do you seriously think Russia would dump USA for Pakistan.

And what else are we discussing here?

That is an Indian desire not I would say an American desire from my research

Putin is only coming for photo-ops. Do you seriously think Russia would dump USA for Pakistan.

Its not about dumping anyone. Is rational thinking beyond you guys. if you want something someone wants you have to give them something they want

Putin is only coming for photo-ops.

First trip after taking office is always symbolic of more than just photo ops

........... However, the term "rationality" tends to be used differently in different disciplines, including specialized discussions of economics, sociology, psychology and political science. A rational decision is one that is not just reasoned, but is also optimal for achieving a goal or solving a problem...................

Rationality in international geopolitics needs to be reasoned and optimal for achieving goals. My statements meet both standards, just like the definition you posted. Please read the above part again.

Rationality in international geopolitics needs to be reasoned and optimal for achieving goals. My statements meet both standards, just like the definition you posted. Please read the above part again.

I suppose this was the same rationalisation you used when you thought that supply routes would be reopened within 30 days

And what else are we discussing here?
Do you think the US is at the point where it would essentially break off all diplomatic ties with Pakistan and impose economic sanctions?

Most Americans and American apologists are claiming that the transit route through Pakistan is largely irrelevant for the US anyway, so why would the US use leverage such as economic sanctions to get the transit route opened?

IMO, if the US did decide to impose unilateral economic sanctions on Pakistan, it would be over something different, perhaps something related to the nuclear program, if the US claims of the Pakistani transit route closure being 'no big deal' are correct.

I suppose this was the same rationalisation you used when you thought that supply routes would be reopened within 30 days

Yes, I was expecting Pakistan's response to be rational when I said that, but obviously rationality not a reasonable expectation with Pakistani policies any longer.

Do you think the US is at the point where it would essentially break off all diplomatic ties with Pakistan and impose economic sanctions?

Most Americans and American apologists are claiming that the transit route through Pakistan is largely irrelevant for the US anyway, so why would the US use leverage such as economic sanctions to get the transit route opened?

IMO, if the US did decide to impose unilateral economic sanctions on Pakistan, it would be over something different, perhaps something related to the nuclear program, if the US claims of the Pakistani transit route closure being 'no big deal' are correct.

Pakistan is being set up as a target from many sides, and its own policies are failing to prevent that. That is the more prudent way of looking at the evolving situation.

Back
Top Bottom