What's new

Pakistan to deport Afghan refugees

Then you would starve to death.

Remember, as long as the Afghan refugees stay in Pakistan, the dollars would keep pouring into your homeland.

Thats funny, now we have a claim that Pakistan(170million) is surviving on some small aid packages given to 3 million Afghan refugees !!!!

Let me clear this, its Afghan people who are refugee's in Pakistan not Pakistani state a refugee of Afghani people.

On Topic.

These people might be innocent, and Pakistanis do not have any hatred towards them, but the problem is their very presence disturbs the already financially weak state of Kheibar Pakhtunkhua as they form a competition for the poor and jobless people over there, and these refugees also are very fond of Kidnappings for ransom which is among the reasons for Pakistanis wanting them just to go back.

Its enough of bashing Pakistan, We have been keeping your millions of refugees for years and here you speak against Pakistan showing your alliance to those who never gave even 100 visas to Afghani people!!

Last edited:
you had a choice not to accept us in the begining.

No Ahmed. Afghans cross border regularly so no question of permission even back then. Besides Pakistan was under agreement to keep refugees. No state willingly take refugees. Besides this is an old report. According to a relatively latest report, Afghans are allowed to stay upto 2012. After that time period, they have to go back. Check this report,

UNHCR and Pakistan sign new agreement on stay of Afghan refugees

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan, March 13 (UNHCR) – The UN refugee agency and the Pakistani government on Friday signed an agreement to extend the stay of Afghan refugees in Pakistan until the end of 2012.

The letter of mutual intent was signed in Islamabad by UNHCR Representative Guenet Guebre-Christos and Minister of States and Frontier Regions (SAFRON) Najamuddin Khan.

It sets out measures to be taken regarding the temporary stay of Afghans in Pakistan, their gradual and voluntary repatriation, and international support to Pakistan for hosting one of the largest refugee populations in the world.

There are currently some 1.7 million registered Afghans in Pakistan, with 45 percent residing in refugee villages and the rest scattered among host communities.

Under the new agreement, SAFRON will take measures to extend the validity of the Proof of Registration (PoR) cards issued to Afghan citizens living in Pakistan until the end of 2012. The current PoR cards, issued during an extensive registration exercise in 2006, are due to expire at the end of this year.

In addition, the ministry undertakes to revise the government's current strategy for the management of Afghans living in Pakistan beyond 2009 and to support the extension of the current tripartite agreement between UNHCR and the governments of Pakistan and Afghanistan until the end of 2012.

Welcoming the agreement, UNHCR's Guebre-Christos said the agency was committed to supporting the safe, voluntary and gradual repatriation of Afghans at a pace that recognizes the current reintegration challenges in Afghanistan.

"This is a responsible move by Pakistan, which recognizes both the realities on the ground in Afghanistan and the importance of robust systems to legalize and manage the temporary stay of Afghans in Pakistan," she said.

UNHCR has also agreed to raise funds to support the Registration Information Project of Afghan Citizens (RIPAC) to improve the quality of registration data and to update and correct the PoR cards so that information about the Afghan population remains current.

In addition, UNHCR will engage the international community to fund the US$140 million Refugee Affected and Hosting Areas (RAHA) programme – benefitting Afghans and Pakistanis – over five years. Under RAHA, UNHCR and its UN partners will support development projects in 21 districts of Pakistan, mostly in Balochistan and North West Frontier Province, which together have hosted most of the Afghan refugees in the country.

Development projects under the RAHA scheme will help people rebuild livelihoods, boost employment prospects, revive agricultural and irrigation systems, and repair rural roads. Other aspects of the programme will improve health and education services, and restore the environment in those areas most affected by the hosting of refugees.

Today's signing builds upon previous agreements within the tripartite framework, including the 16th meeting here in August 2008, which acknowledged that future planning for the voluntary return of registered Afghan refugees should reflect reintegration challenges and ground realities in Afghanistan.

Since 2002, almost 3.5 million Afghans have returned home from Pakistan with UNHCR assistance. Overall, some 4.3 million Afghans have returned home from Pakistan, Iran, and other countries with the agency's help.

By Ariane Rummery in Islamabad, Pakistan
UNHCR - UNHCR and Pakistan sign new agreement on stay of Afghan refugees

Last edited:
its because your country does not have a vested interest in a strong stable Afghanistan

Those same cheap thieves you dismissed gave a million of their people to fight the Soviets. I know your Propaganda machine probably gives all the credit to the ISI but read a book

If Pakistan wants to deport Afghan refugees, deport them from anywhere east of the Indus. West of the Indus? those refugees ARE home

Funny, even they dislike u there!... infacts in peshawer there is a sayin tht afghanis can kill their own ... for a pack of malboro or a man for 50 rs. Or never trust a kabuli i hope u know..... they r called mohajirs n kabulis in nwfp.

Sad.

no country in the world sacrificed so much for the Afghan people (or any other refugee worldwide)

maybe China did to North Koreans; maybe Syria or Jordan took some Iraqi refugees; in Iran, Afghan refugees are ''contained'' in designated mohallas and their movements traced

in Pakistan, they are allowed to roam wherever they please....

I'm not complaining necessarily, but I am making a point. We have been a very generous nation, and at times we get back-stabbed

Send these afghans back to where they belong, all of these ungrateful dirtbags need be deported

Send these afghans back to where they belong, all of these ungrateful dirtbags need be deported

What the hell? Edit your post or you will suffer the consequences. Is this the level of your morality and consciousness? Refugees are burden on us but saying them 'dirtbags' is completely unacceptable.

its because your country does not have a vested interest in a strong stable Afghanistan

Those same cheap thieves you dismissed gave a million of their people to fight the Soviets. I know your Propaganda machine probably gives all the credit to the ISI but read a book

If Pakistan wants to deport Afghan refugees, deport them from anywhere east of the Indus. West of the Indus? those refugees ARE home

Well, Suri thank you for bringing that up; and I would say there is a fraction of truth to what Suri has said.

The two countries are too close and linked too much too closely
to exist independent of each other; the sooner we can realize this the better.

Then we can continue on finding modalities of co-existence.

Well, Suri thank you for bringing that up; and I would say there is a fraction of truth to what Suri has said.

The two countries are too close and linked too much too closely
to exist independent of each other; the sooner we can realize this the better.

Then we can continue on finding modalities of co-existence.

I dont think he means that. By the way, we are 2 different countries with different fates.

I dont think he means that. By the way, we are 2 different countries with different fates.

All countries are different some have their fates tied to each other. :)

its the case with us.

So lets move on. Both the countries need to respect sovereignty of each other and thats the way forward

You guys need to stop all this indignation of Afghans at a chance that makes you guys feel good and some kind of lords of Asia. Seriously what is with this arraogance coming from you Pakistanis. From what what I have gathered there are about three catogories of Afghans who live in Pakistan. 1) The wealthy business class who have inter-Afghan-Pakistan business, or in Pakistan or any other country but have chosen to live there (which is allowed anywhere in the world and you guys should be happy that some one wants to live there out of choice), 2) are Afghans who live in their own autonomous camps established since the time of Jihad which is a strategic conduit of Pakistani involvement and strategic extention in the form of political influence and espcially in the current context of sending brainwashed militants to Afghanistan:agree:, 3) are the ones you guys are abusing here who mostly live in Pashtunkhwa, may be some of them in other parts of Pakistan, and I don't know about their socio-economic stratification. I am in full agreement that Afghans should go back to Afghhanistan, but I am also aware that the current situation as it is wont offer the incentives for all these Afghans that you people want to kick out from your country. Regardless of how much you people want to clear out Pakistan from Afghans and how much I don't like seeing Pakistanis taking professional jobs and also taking million dollars contracts of building Kabul streets and roads, such will be the case and will remain so unless the countries are removed apart to opposite hemispheres of the globe, which I would also much desire. At the end of the day this will carry on, as long as it is those billions of dollars Pakistani exports are flowing to Afghanistan and beyond, which would remain to offer best potential of growth to major Pakistani industries and economy in general - and hence the status quo. I think it might be some of these bloody Afghans who facilitate this trade. And as long as this sort of interaction persist, I would see those bloody Pakistani also in Afghanistan, though not in the number that Afghans are in Pakistan. Hopefully, when things settle down in Afghanistan, believe me you wont see them in Pakistan again.

And I read somewhere that AFghans have brought with them prostitution to the highly culturered and affluent imperial Pakistan which you guys seem to represent in your high words and language. Have they really brought prostituion to Pakistan? Come on for god's sake! Did Afghans open the Heera-Mandai red light district of Lahore, where you guys along with those prostitues used to serve the Angreez masters?

On the other hand, I think Afghans still consider Pashtunkhwa as our ancesteral land, last I checked the border is not even recognised.:cheesy: I have more in common with a person in Quetta and Waziristan than may be most people from Panjab and Sind has, and that will be hardly changed.:tongue:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom