What's new

Pakistan Textile industry: Give us electricity or I will move to Bangladesh

fake democracy,zardari, selfish political parties, they are to be blamed.

yes!

Blame everyone but those who elect them.

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

Look who is commenting from the other side of the border, my ignorant friend, in Isb, my home, located in not a so posh area, laodshedding is 3 hours, 1 hour dring midday, 1 hour during the evening, and 1 hour at midnight, sometimes it is four. In my village, 8 hours. So dont know from where he is saying that. It is not like the whole of Pakistan is plunged into darkness!!!. Although i agree there are problems, but not as exaggerated as you say. Although Industrial areas do feel it alot, and also some select villages and areas.

...but I did not say anything at all, did I?

I merely referred to a Pakistani journalist on prime time TV.

You should address your complaints to him.

Yes there are some empty Heads who think Pakistan got prosperous under his rule much money came to Pakistan under his rule, but we have to look how it came. It came because of selling Pakistani people to americans and due to begging and we are harvesting the crop which he planted.

And now we have worst politicians and democracy ever got in the history of Pakistan.

But but there is always little hope which keeps the heart pumping

:pakistan: A hope for Ummah

yes!

Blame everyone but those who elect them.

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

...but I did not say anything at all, did I?

I merely referred to a Pakistani journalist on prime time TV.

You should address your complaints to him.

But you quoted him. He is wrong as well. The case is so in some specific areas, but not like he is reporting.!!

Really?

Aha! That Kamran Khan guy from Geo TV must be lying the other day, in that case.

Or wait, is it the other way round?

Watch this:

Loadshedding ka Azaab- Be-wafa Govt. - YouTube

I can't find the other parts of this program but in his program itself, the host clearly admitted of 10-18 hour power cuts in most of Pakistan.

Many parts of Pakistan do get electricity though, in whatever capacity. In India, there are many places that don't even get access to one hour of electricity each day:

electricity_rate_2010.png

More than 600 million Indians have no access to electricity:

http://planningcommission.nic.in/sectors/index.php?sectors=energy

tbh its not stats to be too proud off. Last year went to Rawal Pindi and there was no electricity for hours on end.im not interested how bad it is in India and gloat. Im more interested in bettering our system so inshallah next time i go i can have the A.C. on all the time!

i am a Textile Engineer and worked in marketing department in Pakistan largest textile mill, the Nishat Group.

against all odd, the Pakistan Textile industry is doing great. last years, the target of 19.5 billions $ sales was surpassed and we achieved around 26 billion of Textile sales (country's total export). even though the increase in global cotton price was the main factor enabling Pakistan to achieving this mile stone but even if we talk about volume, there was a slight increase. all this happened in a situation when almost 50% of our local cotton crop was destroyed in floods and there were sever electricity shortages.
a couple of years back, there were a strong rumor that Pakistani textile industry will be going down soon. Bangladesh and India were reported to gain market and it was said that Pakistan is fast loosing its market share and the industry will be destroyed. Nothing happened, thanks God. the customer of Pakistani textile products have strong faith in what we are exporting. i have a personal experience of talking to two US and UK customer on this issue. i asked them that with all the prpoblems surrounding u and Bangladesh and China giving cheaper products, why are they still buying from Pakistan. there answer was, " we sont get anything from anywhere like the Pakistani product". these were Wal Mart and a buying house for Marks n Spencer

so trust me, the Pakistan Textile industry is going no where. we might be facing some problems but we will get out of these.
the authorities will have to solve the problems as Textile is the main bread earner of Pakistan. our 70% of total exports is earned from Textile sector alone. about 40% of employment is provided be the textile sector.
if the government can solve the load shedding problem, the sector will grow further and will do wonder for Pakistani economy!

regards!

Thats really good to here. Love positive news like this coming out of our land

Electrical situation in Bangladesh is worst than Pakistan, this is a matter of fact coming from someone already engaged in textile industry. Only advantage of BD is cheaper labour..almost 1/3 of Pakistani rate.

Most of the textile industry in Pakistan runs on gas fired generators however with shortage of gas that has become a luxry as well.
We have proposed wood and bio-mass conversion for electrical generators to Textile industry and so far response has been favorable however everything is still under negotiation.

10-18 in villages, every area has different times of short falls, in my area its only 2-3 hrs per day, and it also happens in every indian major city, so please dont cry now, my indian pals tell me this same story

Not true my friend. In my state we NEVER had power cuts. Even if you go in some remote town you'll get electricity.

The only time there was a power cut was in monsoon in heavy rain due to short circuit and that too sometimes but not in cities. :)

Not true my friend. In my state we NEVER had power cuts. Even if you go in some remote town you'll get electricity.

The only time there was a power cut was in monsoon in heavy rain due to short circuit and that too sometimes but not in cities. :)

sadly you are not right here sir .i have info and i know well from inside your heart lolz .if you are talking abut your state in UK and TOWNS there i agree .

sadly you are not right here sir .i have info and i know well from inside your heart lolz .if you are talking abut your state in UK and TOWNS there i agree .

Not true Imran Bhai. I'm Gujarati and in Gujarat we never had any electricity problems. Apparently Gujarat generates more electricity than entire Pakistan.

And just type in google 'India power cuts' and 'Pakistan power cuts' and compare the results you get. For India you'll see results like 'No more power cuts in xyz state, people protest over power cuts'. :)

i dont get it, arent our nuclear plant powerful enough to give electricity to all of pakistan!!!??

Its not about Pakistan not being able to produce electricity..Its all about mismanagement and corruption... Power plants not being paid by the government....although bills are collected from public....Where the money goes...you can guess..
That way power plants cannot cover their expenses and have to cut back or stop power production as often they dont get enough money to buy fuel...
Textile industry has suffered too much and is at the brink of destruction..If they are moving abroad thats the right thing to do for them.

Not true Imran Bhai. I'm Gujarati and in Gujarat we never had any electricity problems. Apparently Gujarat generates more electricity than entire Pakistan.

And just type in google 'India power cuts' and 'Pakistan power cuts' and compare the results you get. For India you'll see results like 'No more power cuts in xyz state, people protest over power cuts'. :)

i agree with you dear that gujrat work hard for overcome and they done it much but still its remaining yaar still there is places which have shortage or lines not yet went there .abut google results dear it not our fault we was surplus till 2001 now if there is shortige people make it big issue .i remember power was is rohi even which is desert near india but now after cut pakistani public sure make it big issue and indian public never simply there is thousands of indian villages without power since ever how they rise it ? and power issue will never remain as it is i am sure someone will take care of it in future.

Electrical situation in Bangladesh is worst than Pakistan, this is a matter of fact coming from someone already engaged in textile industry. Only advantage of BD is cheaper labour..almost 1/3 of Pakistani rate.

Most of the textile industry in Pakistan runs on gas fired generators however with shortage of gas that has become a luxry as well.
We have proposed wood and bio-mass conversion for electrical generators to Textile industry and so far response has been favorable however everything is still under negotiation.

the labor is cheap but this is equaled by expensive raw material so over all it all remains the same. mover, skilled management is also expensive. all in all, BD is not offering any great advantages!

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom