What's new

Pakistan Tests Upgraded Shaheen-1A Missile

Hi, they might have been testing new motors, better designed gyroscopes and/or accelerometers, new fuel mix, or a new warhead on this particular test. The real nature of the test will never be public knowledge. Moreover, one has to test these missiles to ensure their reliability, you can only simulate so much. Trust me I am a statistician that runs simulations for banks on a daily basis.

Moreover, think of your car sitting around in the garage for a couple of years, you will probably want to turn the engine on to make sure all systems function.... same idea here.

Such news cannot be given out to the media. There is a gag on it.
Says who? We all knew Agni V was going to be launched before it was launched. Airlines have to be informed, fishing lines have to be monitored, there is no way there is a gag on it.

Its either leaked or there are moles somewhere.

I don't know man, your theory just doesn't fit. I knew a few people who worked in related fields. They offered employees to come and watch the tests and would pack people in busses and go there. It is a festive like environment where they observe the tests.

Dont you find it strange that no Indian mainstream media reported it, only some second/third tier media did it ?

I think all did...

Also fired into the sea......I am all ears at the moment. ;)

You are always well informed Windjammer, what exactly does Alfah means? A news earlier suggested it hit a sea target, are ballistic missiles used for such purposes or are we following the Chinese strategy of hitting huge carrier groups with a single nuclear capable ballistic missile?

I don't get it, India tests an ICBM and all of a sudden it becomes compulsory for to test one as well? Grow up, this is not muscle flexing neither is this a di*k measuring contest. This was a routine launch of a pre-tested platform after it's guidance and stabilization systems were upgraded. The launch was not meant to deter anyone nor was it meant to send any message to anyone. It was just intended to clock the parameters of the upgrade. So both Pakistanis and Indians, grow up and stop trying to find a subliminal message in everything.

Perhaps you are right. The time has gone where Pakistan bought/borrowed stuff from China and North Korea.
I don't see Ra'ad, Nasr and new versions of Babur and Shaheen 1 (Missiles) as copies.
Maybe we are improvising in our own style now.

I agree with you, Though my Indian brothers label all Pakistani missiles as copy or painted, I don't Agree with them. Pakistan has come a long way ahead, Now they don't need to copy, you guys got good knowledge base and expertise.. Good luck.

You know what , "what ever technology we are using, most of them was invented for military use" So military development is not always for destruction :) "

Says who? We all knew Agni V was going to be launched before it was launched. Airlines have to be informed, fishing lines have to be monitored, there is no way there is a gag on it.

I don't know man, your theory just doesn't fit. I knew a few people who worked in related fields. They offered employees to come and watch the tests and would pack people in busses and go there. It is a festive like environment where they observe the tests.

I think all did...

1). All Indian media did not report this yesterday.
2). Agni 5 was a diff. thing, it was all over the Indian media, Pakistani media just took it from there.
3). Its common for journalists to have moles with ppl in the govt., they interact daily with them, it should not come as a surprise.

Anyway, the missile test is done. And now its Indian time to reply with K15 or Agni 1.

I agree with you, Though my Indian brothers label all Pakistani missiles as copy or painted

These are feel good exercises performed in India. There are 4 missile manufacturing companies with multiple factories each employing some of the brightest minds in Pakistan. They go to work every day, don't you think one of them would have leaked out "Yaar hum toh sirf painting karne jaatay hain". Thousands.

Hi, I am not going to turn this into an India vrs Pakistan thing. But, Mr. Black Widow other than your prejudiced view of Pakistan, what evidence do you have? Yes, I know most Indians always say that Pakistan cannot build anything. But, have you ever visited a university in Pakistan. Have you ever toured any defence production facilities in Pakistan?

I toured the tank rebuilding building plant in Taxila back in 1999. Given my arrogant view, from having grown up in the West, I was very pleasantly surprised at the innovation, technology, and actual inhouse production being done in Pakistan. I changed my point of view right then.

Making ignorant statements like yours are just childish and have no merit. I have read many books on the so called illegal nuclear and missile exports to Pakistan. Yes, in the late 80s and 90s, when Pakistan was getting started, they did buy a lot of missile technology production and solid fuel technology overseas, from China and Korea. However, most of that is in house now. In the 90s you would hear of sanctions on Pakistani firms for missile technology on a regular basis, however those have died down in the past few years.

Kindly please do not make any ignorant blanket statement in the future.

I think we are saying the same thing..
What I said: In past Pakistani bought/borrowed and smuggled technology. Now they are self reliable in many field. In last para I said "India did the same, We borrowed our misslie tech from SLV programs"

Later I said "Now Pakistan is in self sufficient mode"

What you said : "In 80s and 90s we borrowed/bought/smuggled tech , now we are self sufficient"

Both me and you are saying same thing in same tone. Why are u furious??? And ironically two ppl thanked you as well. PS. All Indian are not Anti Pakistan.

Well, ISPR says, it's a Intermediate Ballistic Missile, so now you guys can speculate about the range.

No PR98/2012-ISPR Dated: April 25, 2012

Rawalpindi - April 25, 2012:

Pakistan today successfully conducted the launch of the intermediate Range Ballistic Missile Hatf IV Shaheen-1A Weapon System. The missile is an improved version of Shaheen-1 with improvements in range and technical parameters. It is capable of carrying nuclear and conventional warheads.

Today’s launch, whose impact point was at sea, was witnessed by Director General Strategic Plans Division Lieutenant General Khalid Ahmed Kidwai (R), Chairman NESCOM Mr Muhammad Irfan Burney, Commander Army Strategic Force Command Lieutenant General Tariq Nadeem Gilani and other senior military officers, scientists and engineers.

DG SPD Lieutenant General Khalid Ahmed Kidwai (R) congratulated all scientists and engineers on the successful launch, and the accuracy of the missile in reaching the target. He said that the improved version of Shaheen 1A will further consolidate and strengthen Pakistan’s deterrence abilities. He appreciated the efforts of all personnel for their dedication and professionalism.

Google reported over 200 yesterday when I saw, almost all Indian. One French, One Russian, 2-3 Pakistani.

2). Agni 5 was a diff. thing, it was all over the Indian media, Pakistani media just took it from there.
How was it on the Indian media if there are gags on these things?

3). Its common for journalists to have moles with ppl in the govt., they interact daily with them, it should not come as a surprise.

It was announced! What mole? Don't you think the mole would have gotten the CORRECT information that it is a Shaheen I?

Anyway, the missile test is done. And now its Indian time to reply with K15 or Agni 1.
Baray hi khwar hongay if they did that.

IBN was reporting it yesterday, how much more credible does it get for you. ?? !!

BTW Any PIC , Any Video of the missile taking up , blasting away ?? They are fun to watch , aren't they ??

Back
Top Bottom